Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Pomegranate seeds are delicious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pomegranate seeds are delicious

This year I decided that I would do something different for my family's Christmas Eve party we have every year after the church service. I really wanted to try pomegranates as I never had them before and I was curious.

The night before I spent a whole hour deseeding 2 massive fruits slowly. I heard horror stories of pomegranates staining and making such a mess, but it went along rather smoothly.

pomegranates.jpg

They were absolutely amazing and a great hit! My one sister said they reminded her of Nerds, her favorite candy, as she scarfed them down. Not only that, but when I brought a container full of the seeds to my girlfriend's Christmas dinner, her uncle devoured half of it by himself.

Too bad they are so expensive in New York.

How much are they in New York?

Comment

Pomegranates are wonderful. I used to get them often as a kid, but don't have the patience any more to take the time to enjoy them, and the containers of arils are costly.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

That was one of the fun things about being in Israel - just about everywhere we went, one could find a street vendor selling pomegranates and/or fresh squeezed pomegranate juice.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I love them, and they really make a fruit salad look pretty.
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

AND they are exceptionally good for you.

We used to get huge ones for a dime in the old days from the farmers market.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
              How much are they in New York?
              2 for $5

Comment

Originally posted by Knowing Thomas View Post
                2 for $5
                Yeah that is expensive. Treat yourself every now and then though.

Comment