Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 12/31/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 12/31/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    2016 Year of More Light and Truth…

“We limit not the truth of God to our poor reach of mind, to notions of our day and place, crude, partial, and confined: No, let a new and better hope within our hearts be stirred: O God, grant yet more light and truth to break forth from your Word.” Those words are the first verse of a hymn written over 160 years ago by a man named George Rawson. With 2015 ending and 2016 ready to take over we need to take them to heart looking beyond our own limitations, the limitations of the world with its hi-tech gadgets and stuff and open ourselves up to unlimited resources of God.

I found a prayer in Paul’s Letter to the Ephesians I don’t think Paul would mind if we applied it to our lives at the threshold of a new year. “I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God. Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.” (Ephesians 3:16–20, NLT)

At the close of the Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise may not only Paul’s prayer but also the words of “We Limit Not the Truth of God” third verse open the eyes of our hearts to God’s unlimited Light and Truth. “Eternal God, incarnate Word, Spirit of flame and dove: enlarge, expand all living souls to comprehend your love; And help us all to seek your will with wiser powers conferred: O God, grant yet more light and truth to break forth from your Word.”

AMEN!

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    “For I hold you by your right hand— I, the LORD your God. And I say to you, ‘Don’t be afraid. I am here to help you.” (Isaiah 41:13, NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you’d like some inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X