Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Freezer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
    Just make sure you put the date on the wrapping for when you caught the possums.
    Possums are much better cooked fresh, not frozen*.

*in the case of Canada, if they're run over at any other time than "construction", they may be frozen already when you scoop them up.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Also, I would recommend one of the food saver products - the ones that vacuum the air out of the 'cut to size' plastic freezer bags. After a while, steaks, for example, get freezer burn, and it really affects the taste. We've been using the food saver to buy in bulk, divide the bulk product into individual or "two fer" packages, and clearly label and date them.

Something like this, but there are often better deals on Amazon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12253[/ATTACH]

You can clearly see what it is you have frozen (as opposed to butcher paper).
      I want!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I've looked at those, but it's just one of me, so IDK if I really need to...
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          I've looked at those, but it's just one of me, so IDK if I really need to..m
          Well, there's just two of us, and good steaks or salmon are often sold in twos or threes, so you could individualize them.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We got one last night: a 7.2 cubic foot Kenmore chest freezer. Seemed decent to me.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              We got one last night: a 7.2 cubic foot Kenmore chest freezer. Seemed decent to me.
              Now you get to fill it!

Comment

Now you get to fill it!
                Remember - a full freezer is a happy freezer. And the fuller it is, the less likely it's going to "thaw" in a power outage.

Comment

From a store or a private party?

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                    From a store or a private party?
                    We got it from Kmart, and for 20 bucks less than the same freezer at Sears.
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Interesting that you got it from KMart. Lifetime parts guarantee?

ETA: LOL....of course. Sears and KMart are owned by a Sears Holdings company....sort of a merger.
                      Last edited by DesertBerean; 01-08-2016, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Remember - a full freezer is a happy freezer. And the fuller it is, the less likely it's going to "thaw" in a power outage.
                        So... stick a couple 10 lb. bags of ice in it if you don't have enough food to put in it?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          So... stick a couple 10 lb. bags of ice in it if you don't have enough food to put in it?
                          Sure!

Comment