Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

From 2009 ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From 2009 ...

This is from 2009 but somehow escape my attention until today.

I just had to share it with the folks here - it is sooooo spot on!!!

http://crev.info/wordpress/wp-conten...arwinDodos.jpg

The image speaks for itself - literally.

Jorge

Well, I'm convinced now.

Boy howdy don't I feel the fool.
    "The Lord loves a working man, don't trust whitey, see a doctor and get rid of it."

Navin R. Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Jorge View Post

Jorge
      Looks like the circus is back in town.

8018029096_7d4ba63ed6_o.jpg

Comment

http://crev.info/wordpress/wp-conten...arwinDodos.jpg

Jorge
        Here are a few more to consider

After all, why should we limit what we teach to things that we actually have evidence for?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12438[/ATTACH]

Hey! I bet that's photoshopped!!!!

(Or MS Painted, or something)
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            After all, why should we limit what we teach to things that we actually have evidence for?
            You're saying we never made it to the moon, and that's why JFK was shot?
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12452[/ATTACH]
              There's another theory?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Hey! I bet that's photoshopped!!!!

(Or MS Painted, or something)
                Nothing ever gets past you.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                You're saying we never made it to the moon, and that's why JFK was shot?
                As I said above...

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by lao tzu View Post
                  There's another theory?
                  Of course silly. Sonic vibrations caused by chanting levitated the blocks into place. No flying saucers needed. And you call yourself an educator

Comment

Here are a few more to consider

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12439[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12440[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12441[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12442[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12444[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12445[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12446[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12453[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12447[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12448[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12449[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12450[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12451[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12443[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12452[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12454[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]12455[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12456[/ATTACH]

You know very well that I have long stated here on TWeb that you are unquestionably THE Master of Straw Men here. You supply more ammo to prove my point than I could possibly hope for. The above post illustrates that splendidly.

I doubt it but perhaps you are unaware of your hero's views on presenting BOTH sides of an argument equally and fairly. Here it is in your hero's own words:

Darwin wrote in On the Origins of Species that when considering the evidence for evolution, “a fair result can be obtained only by fully stating and balancing the facts and arguments on both sides of each question.”

Of course, TEs have very long since abandoned such archaic thinking. For quite some time now - at least 40 years - the quickest ticket out of a job, out of being regarded as a scientist, out of having any credibility or respectability, out of being considered scientifically literate ... etc ... etc ... the fastest ticket out of all of that and more was obtained by simply questioning the Sacred Cow of Evolutionism.

TEs are p-a-t-h-e-t-i-c which is why in a recent post I stated - and here repeat - that Atheists cannot hold a candle to the majority of Theistic Evolutionists. TE's went from being mere allies of Atheists to being their most valued offensive and defensive asset. Heck, Atheists can sit by the pool sipping on margaritas and allow the TEs to do all the heavy lifting!

Way to go, R06 ... good show!!!

Jorge

Comment

More bad stand-up comedy from ol' Jorgey Porgie. He'll never make it into the business at this rate.
                      "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12438[/ATTACH]
                        Hey, that's a fairly handsome gentleman there!
                        Too bad some ghetto ruffians had to practice their graffiti on his pic.

Oh well, we have to be politically correct by allowing the down-trodden,
                        uneducated masses to express themselves with their "art" as best they can.

Hey, Beagle Boy, they just built a new overpass bridge near downtown.
                        Grab yourself a few cans of cheap paint and sometime after midnight
                        you can do your graffiti-thing on that bridge. Go on, express yourself!

Jorge

Comment

“a fair result can be obtained only by fully stating and balancing the facts and arguments on both sides of each question.”

Jorge
                          The underlined is where you come up short.

I know, I know, you think I'm a moron.
                          "The Lord loves a working man, don't trust whitey, see a doctor and get rid of it."

Navin R. Johnson

Comment

Darwin wrote in On the Origins of Species that when considering the evidence for evolution, “a fair result can be obtained only by fully stating and balancing the facts and arguments on both sides of each question.”
                            Correct. And that was done over a century ago and creationism lost big time. Since then you guys haven't brought anything new to the table but instead keep digging up and trotting out the same hoary old PRATTs. Meanwhile, cross correlating, corroborating, consilient positive evidence from dozens of different and independent scientific disciplines continues to amass in support of evolution on literally a daily basis.

Of course, TEs have very long since abandoned such archaic thinking. For quite some time now - at least 40 years - the quickest ticket out of a job, out of being regarded as a scientist, out of having any credibility or respectability, out of being considered scientifically literate ... etc ... etc ... the fastest ticket out of all of that and more was obtained by simply questioning the Sacred Cow of Evolutionism.
                            Meanwhile, in the real world scientists have indeed been challenging the ToE for quite some time as new and more accurate information continues to come in and doing quite well.
                            • Like when Conrad Waddington proposed developmental evolution (evo-devo) in 1942

• Like when Willi Hennig proposed phylogenetic systematics (cladistics) in 1950

• Like when Motoo Kimura proposed the neutral theory of molecular evolution (genetic drift) in 1968

• Like when Lynn Margulis proposed Endosymbiotic theory in 1970

• Like when Niles Eldredge and Stephen Jay Gould proposed punctuated equilibrium in 1973

• Like when Søren Løvtrup proposed Epigenetics in 1974

• Like when Carl Woese proposed horizontal gene transfer in 1977

These are all (and not the only) examples of controversial theories when they came out as they accounted for observed biological changes that did not correspond to the expectations of the neo-Darwinian models derived from the New Synthesis (which itself over-turned pure Darwinian thought and theory and was developed in the mid 1930s through the mid 40s).

And how about Ford Doolittle? He raised questions about the Tree of Life concept -- IIRC, concerning the Last Universal Common Ancestor (LUCA). Was he run out of town? Marginalized and ridiculed? Only if that means being made a Professor Emeritus at Stanford and a member of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences.

You really need to start at least trying to fail better. Maybe it can be a belated New Year's resolution
                            Last edited by rogue06; 01-18-2016, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Oh, look, a quote-mine. Hey, Jorge! Did you chop off the rest of that sentence and put that misleading period there, or did you just copy that quote from somewhere other than Origins and pretend otherwise? My guess is the latter since you also got Darwin's title wrong, but you might want to clarify in case there's some-one out there who is wondering if you are dishonest or merely gullible.
                              Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                              MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment