Good News Clubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good News Clubs

Good News Clubs are Bible clubs sponsored by the Child Evangelism Fellowship. These clubs meet in public elementary schools and they require parental permission for the children to attend. Some people say that public elementary schools should not allow Good News Clubs to be on their campuses because it is wrong for the government to take taxpayer money and use it to support religious groups that some people do not agree with. What do you think about this?

I think if the government forces even private schools to set up and accept clubs for gay-straight alliances they should allow every other club that wants to be in the school.

This has happened just recently in my province. Even Catholic and private Christian schools, as well as public, are being forced to allow the GSA clubs. You can choose whether to support public or private schools here with your property taxes. But it doesn't matter now, as you are paying for these clubs that many people don't agree with in either system.

But you can bet your boopy that the Christian clubs will not be allowed.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I don't remember where I attended them, but it certainly wasn't in a public school.

I don't see them being treated any differently than boy scout troops, which were pretty much all chased away from public buildings because of their (then :sigh) stance against gay scout leaders.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment