Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 01/25/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 01/25/2016

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Expedition of Light and Truth
    Go for the yoke (not an egg yoke) but Jesus’ yoke…

I am sure you’ve at some point in your life you’ve heard the phrase “God doesn’t give us any more than we can handle.” Some say that’s true and others say it is not true. Personally, I lean very sharply to the belief side. I believe anything God gives us is for our own benefit that’s why we call what God gives us blessings or favor. However, what life dishes out is a different scenario because our lives are filled with hurricane Katrina’s and winter storms Jonas’ whose destructive power is often more than we can handle and we find ourselves flat-out-overwhelmed on a collision course with the 3D’s (discouragement, depression, and disconnectedness).

Whether God (just because I lean sharply to thinking God doesn’t give us more than we can handle doesn’t mean He won’t one thing I never do is second guess God) or life gives us more than we can handle we have this promise from Jesus. “If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest. Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me. I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest. This yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28–30, CEV)

There are a couple of things about what Jesus promised us that we must NEVER forget. Firstly, the yoke is HIS not ours. Secondly, we connect ourselves to Jesus and Jesus connects Himself with us. I know Jesus tells us to put HIS yoke on our shoulders and learn from him but here’s my take on what Jesus is saying, “Put my yoke on your shoulders and LEAN on Me.”

The one thing Jesus doesn’t say is the burden will go away. The 3 totally blocked arteries in my heart are NOT going away I will live with them the rest of my life but when I yoked my heart with Jesus’ heart He has enough good arteries in His heart not only for my heart but all our hearts as well. Proverbs puts it this way, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;” (Proverbs 3:5, NKJV)

When your life unravels before your eyes; when you say to yourself, “I can’t!” Remember God CAN!

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    “By faith we have been made acceptable to God. And now, because of our Lord Jesus Christ, we live at peace with God.” (Romans 5:1, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X