Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arguments from Bacon

Two Dozen (or so) Arguments from Bacon

The divine command argument from bacon: God told Peter eating bacon is morally permissible (cf. Acts 10); therefore, veganism is false

The ethical egoism argument from bacon: Eating bacon is clearly in my own self-interest; therefore, veganism is false.

The moral relativism argument from bacon (subjectivism version): I deem it morally right for me to eat bacon; therefore, veganism is false.

The moral relativism argument from bacon (cultural relativism version): According to my culture, eating bacon is morally permissible; therefore, veganism is false.

The natural law argument from bacon: The proper end of pig is to be eaten as bacon; therefore, veganism is false.

The argument from bacon from Hitler: Hitler was a vegetarian, hence he didn’t eat bacon, don’t be like Hitler; therefore, veganism is false.

The moral exemplar argument from bacon: Saint Anthony Abbot (patron saint of bacon) ate bacon; therefore, veganism is false.

The moral nihilism argument from bacon: Nothing is wrong, so eating bacon can’t be wrong; therefore, veganism is false.

The metaphysical nihilism argument from bacon: There are no pigs, so there is no bacon, so eating bacon can’t be wrong; therefore, veganism is false.

The utilitarian argument from bacon: The pleasure gained from eating bacon >>> the pain the pig feels being killed for its tasty bacon; therefore, veganism is false.

The aesthetic argument from bacon #1: Eating bacon produces an elegant, simple and hence, beautiful, savory symphony in the mouth of the one who eats it; therefore, veganism is false.

The aesthetic argument from bacon #2: The form of the average tofu fed person is objectively uglier than the form of the average bacon fed person; therefore, veganism is false.

The Bayesian argument from bacon: Let s be the proposition that you are moral scum, e be the proposition that you eat bacon, and t be the proposition that bacon has an amazing taste, then P(~s|e&t) >> P(s|e&t); therefore, veganism is (likely) false.

The consensus gentium argument from bacon: There is a certain presumption of the truth of any opinion held by many human minds, many minds are and have been of the opinion that there is nothing wrong with eating bacon; therefore veganism is false.

The Rawlsian argument from bacon: If the people in the original position were given a menu of food items to choose from, bacon would be on the list and they would select bacon; therefore, veganism is false.

The Kantian argument from bacon: Pigs would consent to being eaten and so aren’t mere means to an end; therefore, veganism is false.

The Western Culture argument from bacon: Islamic terrorists do not eat bacon; therefore, veganism is false.

The Moorean shift argument from bacon: If veganism is true, eating bacon is immoral, but eating bacon is not immoral; therefore, veganism is false.

The dialetheism argument from bacon: eating bacon is immoral and not immoral; therefore veganism is false.

The eudaimonian argument from bacon: Bacon is necessary for true human flourishing (just look at those who don’t eat it); therefore veganism is false.

The low-T argument from bacon: Science shows that the saturated fat in meats like bacon are important for healthy testosterone levels; therefore, veganism is false.

The longevity argument from bacon: The oldest woman in the world eats bacon daily; therefore, veganism is false.

The cognitive dissonance argument from bacon: Vegan tells herself that she doesn’t like bacon, “But I do…wait, I don’t…but I do…no, I don’t…yes, I do” [smoke comes out of ears]; therefore, veganism is false.

The dilemma argument from bacon: Either anemia or bacon, not anemia, so bacon; therefore, veganism is false.

The direct inference argument from bacon: Bacon; therefore veganism is false.

https://argumentfrombacon.wordpress.com/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

who needs arguments to show bacon is good and veganism is bad? It is self evident.

I think the only reason God forbade men from eating bacon in the old testament was that he wanted to give pigs a chance to proliferate. If the ancients were allowed to eat bacon, pigs would have become extinct before they invented farming and the world would now be baconless.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      who needs arguments to show bacon is good and veganism is bad? It is self evident.

I think the only reason God forbade men from eating bacon in the old testament was that he wanted to give pigs a chance to proliferate. If the ancients were allowed to eat bacon, pigs would have become extinct before they invented farming and the world would now be baconless.
      0000000000can't disagree.jpg

I think I'll just go scarf down a couple platters full of bacon to whet my appetite for my bacon and bacon dinner.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment