Announcement

Collapse

Christianity 201 Guidelines

orthodox Christians only.

Discussion on matters of general mainstream evangelical Christian theology that do not fit within Theology 201. Have some spiritual gifts ceased today? Is the KJV the only viable translation for the church today? In what sense are the books of the bible inspired and what are those books? Church government? Modern day prophets and apostles?

This forum is primarily for Christians to discuss matters of Christian doctrine, and is not the area for debate between atheists (or those opposing orthodox Christianity) and Christians. Inquiring atheists (or sincere seekers/doubters/unorthodox) seeking only Christian participation and having demonstrated a manner that does not seek to undermine the orthodox Christian faith of others are also welcome, but must seek Moderator permission first. When defining “Christian” or "orthodox" for purposes of this section, we mean persons holding to the core essentials of the historic Christian faith such as the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment. Persons not holding to these core doctrines are welcome to participate in the Comparative Religions section without restriction, in Theology 201 as regards to the nature of God and salvation with limited restrictions, and in Christology for issues surrounding the person of Christ and the Trinity. Atheists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Additionally and rarely, there may be some topics or lines of discussion that within the Moderator's discretion fall so outside the bounds of mainstream orthodox doctrine (in general Christian circles or in the TheologyWeb community) or that deny certain core values that are the Christian convictions of forum leadership that may be more appropriately placed within Unorthodox Theology 201. NO personal offense should be taken by such discretionary decision for none is intended. While inerrancy is NOT considered a requirement for posting in this section, a general respect for the Bible text and a respect for the inerrantist position of others is requested.

The Tweb rules apply here like they do everywhere at Tweb, if you haven't read them, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

What Sermon Topics are Typical in Your Church?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was not addressed, but I have the same feelings as phat, so maybe I should answer as well?
    Originally posted by Wildflower View Post
    phat, I wonder if I may ask you a couple questions that really may seem inappropriate so please don't answer if these questions make you feel uncomfortable...but, if I may ask:

How long have you been attending church as a volitional adult?
    I was saved four years ago and have been attending regularly since then, usually twice a week, and often serving.
    How many churches (or denominations) have you been a member?
    Two churches. The one I was saved in, and the one I just joined because I moved across state for college.

I hope I too could help satisfy your curiosity.
    Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

Thanks Pentecost :)

And thanks for all the replies. There are like three separate threads I'd like to start based on some of replies. Only time constrains me at present.

Thanks again!
      Aragorn: What do you fear, my lady?

Eowyn: A cage. To stay behind bars until use and old age accept them and all chance of valor has gone beyond recall or desire.

Aragorn: You are a daughter of kings, a shield maiden of Rohan. I do not think that will be your fate.

Comment

phat, I wonder if I may ask you a couple questions that really may seem inappropriate so please don't answer if these questions make you feel uncomfortable...but, if I may ask:

How long have you been attending church as a volitional adult?

As an volitional adult -- fully bought in -- it has been about 11 years now.

How many churches (or denominations) have you been a member?
        I have since the time of rededicating my life (I grew up in church), I have been a part of two different churches. The first one I was a part of for about 8 years, and the one I am currently at, it has been a little over 3 years now.

My wife and I left our other church -- not because of anything we had against it (it is a great church, and it was a hard decision), but rather because we felt God calling us to our new church for further continued growth in the faith.

Comment