Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Zika virus - firstfloor free discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zika virus - firstfloor free discussion

Let this be the thread where we actually discuss the news of this virus, rather than anti-christian polemics.

So anyone know what the deal with it is?

*It goes without saying that firstfloor is not allowed to post here.

Expect whag, Tassman, Jichard, maybe even Starlight to show up instead......

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      Let this be the thread where we actually discuss the news of this virus, rather than anti-christian polemics.

So anyone know what the deal with it is?

*It goes without saying that firstfloor is not allowed to post here.
      Are you asking what the virus is about?

Spread by mosquito, causes babies to be born with too-small heads, mostly confined to South America, 2 cases have shown up in my province in women who have travelled to an affected country while pregnant, Canada discouraging pregnant women from travelling to those countries or take extra precautions against mosquitos.

As for the encouragement to abort, that is laid out in the other thread.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I'm mildly concerned about it for fairly obvious reasons but I have hopes it can be contained to a relatively small population once it does hit the US.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          causes babies to be born with too-small heads
          So it causes atheists?

Comment

We did have one case of a person contracting it in Denmark. Apparently the symptoms are flu-like.

Comment

So now they are saying that Zika can be spread through sex. Do you think that will stop people from having sex and risking getting the virus?

And Canada has changed their laws for accepting blood from anyone who has been to an affected country for 3 weeks after their return to Canada.

The next "state of fear"...........

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                So now they are saying that Zika can be spread through sex. Do you think that will stop people from having sex and risking getting the virus?

And Canada has changed their laws for accepting blood from anyone who has been to an affected country for 3 weeks after their return to Canada.

The next "state of fear"...........
                It's really important that any decisions be made based on the advice of qualified medical professionals. I should hope we have learned from the circus the media made out of the ebola outbreak.

Comment

There are some cases of Zika reported in Florida. Five, I think, and none of them pregnant.
                  Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment