Mercury - Who Knew!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mercury - Who Knew!!!!

remember when we were kids and played with mercury in science class, rolling it from one hand to another, then letting it roll onto the desk....

Who knew it could KILL you?

I mean.... we all turned out alright! Right?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

And in science class if someone dropped a thermometer the teacher just cleaned it up. Now the skewl gets evacuated.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      And in science class if someone dropped a thermometer the teacher just cleaned it up. Now the skewl gets evacuated.
      yeah - in't that a hoot!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Didn't they quit using mercury in thermometers?

I still have the one my parents were given when I was born to take my temperature.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          Yes, though I think you can still get them from China and other countries.

I still have the one my parents were given when I was born to take my temperature.
          That explains a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

That explains why kids aren't "dropping" them in the hallway every day there is a pop test.

Everyone I see nowadays is electric

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That explains why kids aren't "dropping" them in the hallway every day there is a pop test.

Everyone I see nowadays is electric
              They actually have electronic ones, too!

Comment

I've known for years that mercury is poisonous.

You guys all live in a news bubble or something?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I've known for years that mercury is poisonous.

You guys all live in a news bubble or something?
                  It's just that it went from "don't mess with that" to "run for your lives."

Comment

I guess.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      remember when we were kids and played with mercury in science class, rolling it from one hand to another, then letting it roll onto the desk....

Who knew it could KILL you?

I mean.... we all turned out alright! Right?

I remember back in the Sixties we used to get quarters and soak them in a drop of mercury. It made the quarters shiny and slippery.
                      When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                        I remember back in the Sixties we used to get quarters and soak them in a drop of mercury. It made the quarters shiny and slippery.
                        Which is why you died a couple years ago.

Comment

Sort of like CO2, then?

Comment

You should see how the government treats mercury switches and contractors that we have occasionally found. We have a sealed 5 gallon bucket, for anything that contains mercury.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                              You should see how the government treats mercury switches and contractors that we have occasionally found. We have a sealed 5 gallon bucket, for anything that contains mercury.
                              Good old mercury switches. I used to attach them to door knobs so when they were turned they set off an... um, alarm. Yeah, that's it. Alarms

Comment