Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Book Plunge: Can Christians Prove The Resurrection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gary View Post
    Regardless of why he created it, if he is all-knowing, he knew that the majority of mankind would end up suffering there for all eternity. So why did he create mankind to begin with if he knew most of us would suffer horrifically forever in his torture pit???

Sadist.
    ". . . For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: . . ." -- Matthew 7:2.
    You didn't answer my question:

"Can you be 100% certain that when you die you will not burn for all eternity in the Muslim Hell because you are a wicked infidel who never acknowledged that Allah is the only true God and that the Koran is the only true Word of God?"
    Of course I am absolutely certain that I will be in the presence of the prophet Jesus. The Apostle John being the last living prophet on the earth until the return of Moses and Elijah.
    Last edited by 37818; 05-13-2016, 02:13 PM.
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

• Originally posted by 37818 View Post
      ". . . For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: . . ." -- Matthew 7:2.
      Of course I am absolutely certain that I will be in the presence of the prophet Jesus. The Apostle John being the last living prophet on the earth until the return of Moses and Elijah.
      So you are absolutely certain that the Muslim exclusivist supernatural claims are false and I am absolutely sure that your conservative Christian exclusivist supernatural claims are false!

Just as you are not worried about spending eternity in the Muslim Hell, I am not worried about spending eternity in the conservative Christian Hell! So you can stop trying to use Pascal's Wager on me.

Comment

I am not worried about spending eternity in the conservative Christian Hell!
        Yes, you are. Your promotion of Christian universalism makes that obvious.
        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
        sigpic
        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

So you are absolutely certain that the Muslim exclusivist supernatural claims are false and I am absolutely sure that your conservative Christian exclusivist supernatural claims are false!
          What is the basis of your absolutely sure?

Just as you are not worried about spending eternity in the Muslim Hell, I am not worried about spending eternity in the conservative Christian Hell! So you can stop trying to use Pascal's Wager on me.
          I wouldn't be concerned about spending an eternity in a non-existent "conservative Christian Hell" either. But the lake of fire God made for the devil and his messengers, that should be a concern if one does not keep one's name in the Lamb's book of life [Revelation 3:5; Revelation 17:8; Revelation 20:15].
          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Well I was never told stories about the boogeyman. Though mentioned by others. I never really believe there was a Santa Claus or Easter Bunny or tooth fairy. I participated in those activities as if they were real. I believed in God as early as I can remember. I didn't like Sunday school home work. I had no use for it. It was the notion that one can know for sure about going to heaven - that I heard and understood the gospel message for the first time.

For you to claim that people who die will not perish in an eternal hell for an eternity - that it is a myth. I'll ask you this - do you know this with absolute certainty? How? You have to have something in its place that you know for sure about - without a doubt. Please explain.
            Oh yes!!! You were told of the 'boogeyman!' There are just different versions and different names of the boogeyman in ancient mythology that say, 'If you do not behave or follow the rules . . ., you will be whatever is nasty and unpleasant beyond whatever.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

What is the basis of your absolutely sure?

I wouldn't be concerned about spending an eternity in a non-existent "conservative Christian Hell" either. But the lake of fire God made for the devil and his messengers, that should be a concern if one does not keep one's name in the Lamb's book of life [Revelation 3:5; Revelation 17:8; Revelation 20:15].
              Oh
              my
              goodness...

Comment

Oh
                my
                goodness...

Comment

• McCullaghÂ’s criterion is “The statement, together, with other statements already held to be true, must imply yet other statements describing present, observable data.”

The present observable data test does not include a resurrection as no historian is able to observe JesusÂ’ "resurrection". Actual resurrection are not observable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
                    McCullagh’s criterion is “The statement, together, with other statements already held to be true, must imply yet other statements describing present, observable data.”

The present observable data test does not include a resurrection as no historian is able to observe JesusÂ’ "resurrection". Actual resurrection are not observable.
                    They're not?

So you have exhaustive data from all over the world that no miracle has occurred that involves someone coming back from the dead?

Comment

• Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                      They're not?

So you have exhaustive data from all over the world that no miracle has occurred that involves someone coming back from the dead?
                      As per McCullagh requirement that claim must be present and observable . A resurrection is not present and observable data and hence does not pass this test.

Comment

• So you know there have been no resurrections?

Comment

• Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                          So you know there have been no resurrections?
                          I know there have not been a present and an observable resurrection.

Comment

• Really? You have global knowledge of all going on in our world right now? Impressive.

Please tell me where I am right now omniscient one.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Apologiaphoenix;553199]Really? You have global knowledge of all going on in our world right now? Impressive.

Yes as no one has substantial evidence of a present and observable resurrection (not resucitation).

Comment

• [QUOTE=Same Hakeem;553255]
                                Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
                                Really? You have global knowledge of all going on in our world right now? Impressive.

Yes as no one has substantial evidence of a present and observable resurrection (not resucitation).
                                If you mean one like Jesus, sure, but that's not really a problem. We have plenty of evidence of miracles and we have evidence of theism and that's all we need.

Comment