Announcement

Collapse

Deeper Waters Forum Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

Deeper Waters is founded on the belief that the Christian community has long been in the shallow end of Christianity while there are treasures of the deep waiting to be discovered. Too many in the shallow end are not prepared when they go out beyond those waters and are quickly devoured by sharks. We wish to aid Christians to equip them to navigate the deeper waters of the ocean of truth and come up with treasure in the end.

We also wish to give special aid to those often neglected, that is, the disabled community. This is especially so since our founders are both on the autism spectrum and have a special desire to reach those on that spectrum. While they are a special emphasis, we seek to help others with any disability realize that God can use them and that they are as the Psalmist says, fearfully and wonderfully made.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Book Plunge: Can Christians Prove The Resurrection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Apologiaphoenix;553328]
    Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post

If you mean one like Jesus, sure, but that's not really a problem. We have plenty of evidence of miracles and we have evidence of theism and that's all we need.
    Miracles presupposes God but historians do not do so. When history is taught in schools, resurrection is not taught as a historical fact.

Comment

• I don't presuppose God. I have arguments for him.

But if public schools are the standard and we should reject miracles....

Then please reject Islam. It says that Jesus did miracles. Go with the public school system.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
        I don't presuppose God. I have arguments for him.

But if public schools are the standard and we should reject miracles....

Then please reject Islam. It says that Jesus did miracles. Go with the public school system.
        Yes, history in universities donot teach history based on miracles because a miracle like a resurrection are not present and observeable data.

Faith factors in GOD but history does.

Comment

• I have no idea what that last sentence means....

Comment

I have no idea what that last sentence means....
            The intended sentence was:

"Faith factors in GOD but history does not factor in God".

Thanks for flagging this out

Comment

• Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
              The intended sentence was:

"Faith factors in GOD but history does not factor in God".

Thanks for flagging this out
              If I have evidence for God from philosophy I deem compelling, why can I not be open to Him being in history?

This is assuming history has to act according to naturalism. The majority of NT scholars today would agree that Jesus had a reputation as a miracle worker.

Comment

If I have evidence for God from philosophy I deem compelling, why can I not be open to Him being in history?

This is assuming history has to act according to naturalism. The majority of NT scholars today would agree that Jesus had a reputation as a miracle worker.
                I understand what you are saying. The reality is that historians , for example when lecturing audience, donot factor in God.

Comment

• Then Islam is under the same problem.

However, there are plenty of historians who do factor in God. I know. I talk to them on a regular basis. I interview many of the best NT scholars and they have no problem factoring in God.

Comment

• Originally posted by Same Hakeem View Post
                    I understand what you are saying. The reality is that historians , for example when lecturing audience, donot factor in God.
                    Tell that to those who write and speak about the historical Jesus.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• I'm aware that 99% of this thread is from almost 3 years ago, but I wanted to note something. One of Gary's repeated arguments was the classic "well, what about healings of amputees?" While I doubt he'd be satisfied, I'm still surprised no one brought up The Miracle of Calanda as a rebuttal. (I suppose it's possible someone did, I didn't read every page, but a thread search for "Calanda" shows nothing turning up)

Comment