Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Six dead in Chicago Mass Murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six dead in Chicago Mass Murder

Unlike recent news, this one involves a knife not a gun.

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Looks like it's time to start clamping down on knife ownership. We must close the knife show loop hole and demand stricter waiting periods for knife purchases. We also have to look at the design of this knife and make sure it wasn't an assault or an automatic knife...

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2016...-officials-say
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    Unlike recent news, this one involves a knife not a gun.

For the sarcastically impaired the following is said in jest

Looks like it's time to start clamping down on knife ownership. We must close the knife show loop hole and demand stricter waiting periods for knife purchases. We also have to look at the design of this knife and make sure it wasn't an assault or an automatic knife...

https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2016...-officials-say
    Who ever did this was a sick and brutal SOB.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

A male and female undergrad at Virginia Tech recently (last week) lured a teenage girl out of her home and slit her throat. The male had had sexual contact with the teen. The female helped because she wanted to do something "secretive and exciting."
      Last edited by One Bad Pig; 02-05-2016, 08:47 AM.
      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
      sigpic
      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
        A male and female undergrad at Virginia Tech recently (last week) lured a teenage girl out of her home and slit her throat. The male had had sexual contact with the teen. The female helped because she wanted to do something "secretive and exciting."
        I posted a previous article on FB about the victim using social media to remind my friends to supervise their kids' Internet activities! It's sickening how exposed they are! And this article you found...if accurate, those details of that girl scares me.
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
          I posted a previous article on FB about the victim using social media to remind my friends to supervise their kids' Internet activities! It's sickening how exposed they are! And this article you found...if accurate, those details of that girl scares me.
          I live pretty close to where the little girl was from. It's all over the news here. The more that is discovered, the sicker it becomes. Both of these stories should be pretty clear indicators that sick people kill, not guns or knives themselves.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Mass Stabbing in Chicago Leaves 6 Dead
            CHICAGO — Six people, including at least one child, were found stabbed to death in their Gage Park home Thursday afternoon.
            Police officials said they are considering it a death investigation, and not yet a homicide investigation

derp. I guess there could have been an earthquake that made the knives jump off the counter and stabbed everyone to death...

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              derp. I guess there could have been an earthquake that made the knives jump off the counter and stabbed everyone to death...
              They got the whole thing on video...

That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I'll be in Chicago tonight!
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  I'll be in Chicago tonight!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    I live pretty close to where the little girl was from. It's all over the news here. The more that is discovered, the sicker it becomes. Both of these stories should be pretty clear indicators that sick people kill, not guns or knives themselves.
                    Except that for the most part I would change "sick" to "evil." There are exceptions, but I see most such horrible crimes as revelations of evil not sickness.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

If it was the instruments that killed folks you'd think obama would be calling for stricter knife control laws don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                        If it was the instruments that killed folks you'd think obama would be calling for stricter knife control laws don't you?
                        Only if conservatives were members and supporters of the NKA.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

i think we should ban sporks. they creep me out and their name is waaay too close to mine.

Comment

Mass Stabbing in Chicago Leaves 6 Dead
                            CHICAGO — Six people, including at least one child, were found stabbed to death in their Gage Park home Thursday afternoon.
                            Police officials said they are considering it a death investigation, and not yet a homicide investigation

Or maybe it was a suicide Pact... Really? If this have been a gun mass killing, it would be all over the news everywhere. And a press conference by the Chief of Police, Mayor etc...
                            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

i think we should ban sporks. they creep me out and their name is waaay too close to mine.
                              TyiQLmN.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment