Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Six dead in Chicago Mass Murder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
    You have to remember Sylas is in Australia and doesn't have OUR frame of reference.
    I have friends in Australia who are well able to see through the nonsense rhetoric. Reason is no different in Australia than it is here.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      There must be an awful lot of "sick people" in the US than in say, Australia where homicides are a fraction of that in the USA. Presumably Australia's very strict gun control laws played no part in this. <sarcasm>
      I have to agree that it is not "sick" people who commit these atrocities, it is "evil" people who do.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        There are. Our gang violence far exceeds Australia's.
        I would suggest that the violent gang culture is the result of gross income inequity in the US, as contrasted with Australia, resulting in a ghetto mentality among large numbers of disadvantaged and disaffected youth.

So does our mental health problem percentages
        Greatly exacerbated by the lack of free, government funded, fully staffed community health centres (comprising doctors, nurses, psychologists, social workers etc)…again as contrasted in Australia where they are standard practice.

It plays no part in it.
        The statistics speak for themselves.

http://www.cfr.org/society-and-cultu...arisons/p29735

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
        I have to agree that it is not "sick" people who commit these atrocities, it is "evil" people who do.
        So you're saying that there are a lot more "evil people" in the highly religious US than in say, highly secular Australia where homicides are a fraction of that in the USA. Interesting! "By their fruits ye shall know them."
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
          According to you, what's the difference?

Comment

I would suggest that the violent gang culture is the result of gross income inequity in the US...
            wow
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              I'll be in Chicago tonight!
              Well, I got to and from Chicago, had a great time, and I didn't get murdered. EVERY single service provider (hotels, restaurants, etc) was absolutely stellar in friendliness, efficiency and value.

The only thing I noticed - having done a LOT of walking - people on the street don't make eye contact. It's like... "if we don't see you, we don't have to talk to you" or something.

But, safely back in Texas!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                That's too close to buffoon which is waaay to close to his nickname.

yeah! er.. what?

Comment

Originally posted by sylas View Post
                  You do not have a problem with knives in the way you have a problem with guns. If you had weekly knife events then all the stupid comparisons being made in this thread would not be so ridiculous..
                  um, actually we do.

http://www.indy1500.com/

http://www.exponm.com/events/2015/nm...fe-show%282%29

http://www.bladesports.org/WP/

Comment

I would suggest that the violent gang culture is the result of gross income inequity in the US, as contrasted with Australia, resulting in a ghetto mentality among large numbers of disadvantaged and disaffected youth.

Greatly exacerbated by the lack of free, government funded, fully staffed community health centres (comprising doctors, nurses, psychologists, social workers etc)…again as contrasted in Australia where they are standard practice.

The statistics speak for themselves.

http://www.cfr.org/society-and-cultu...arisons/p29735

So you're saying that there are a lot more "evil people" in the highly religious US than in say, highly secular Australia where homicides are a fraction of that in the USA. Interesting! "By their fruits ye shall know them."
                    the population density is a lot less in a Australia. it is the size of the US but only has 23 million compared to the USA's 300 million

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      the population density is a lot less in a Australia. it is the size of the US but only has 23 million compared to the USA's 300 million
                      Considering that our population is now between 320 and 321 million it is more accurate to say that we have nearly 300,000,000 more people or roughly 14 times as many people

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Considering that our population is now between 320 and 321 million it is more accurate to say that we have nearly 300,000,000 more people or roughly 14 times as many people
                        but the extra 21 million are illegal aliens who have snuck into hollywood from Canada, so they dont count

Comment

So how does population size affect the statistics? Answer: it doesn't.
                          “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

So how does population size affect the statistics? Answer: it doesn't.
                            More people = more criminals and more crazy people = more crimes. Also if you put more people into a smaller area you raise the tensions quite a bit.

Comment

More people = more criminals and more crazy people = more crimes. Also if you put more people into a smaller area you raise the tensions quite a bit.
                              not to mention that just the plain numbers won't give you the necessary data to really understand what is going on. You need to figure out the per capita rate after all 10% is 10% whether you are talking about 1 out of 10, 2 out of 20, or 10 out of 100. So lets say that out of 10 people 3 of them are blue eyed but in another group of say 100 there are only 10? which has the higher per capita rate HMM? gee I wonder if Tass will get the answer right or did he flunk basic math?
                              Last edited by RumTumTugger; 02-08-2016, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RumTumTugger View Post
                                not to mention that just the plain numbers won't give you the necessary data to really understand what is going on. You need to figure out the per capita rate after all 10% is !0% whether you are talking about 1 out of 10 2 0ut of 20 or 10 out of 100 so lets say that out of 10 people 3 of them are blue eyed but in another group of say 100 there are only 10? which has the higher per capita rate HMM? gee I wonder if Tass will get the answer right or did he flunk basic math?
                                You really need to work on your punctuation.

Comment