Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Batman V Superman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
    Only bad guys use kryptonite. Batman is not a bad guy.
    You haven't seen the musical. Not going to link it. In general it's pretty hilarious but lots of profanity.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
    "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
    Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

If Batman and Superman got in a prank war, who would win? Who would win at hide and seek, tag, Monopoly, or some other game?
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Only bad guys use kryptonite. Batman is not a bad guy.
        Not true. In the comics and in the animated TV series, Superman gave Batman a kryptonite ring in case Superman ever went rogue.
        My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Except, if Superman did turn evil, how would Batman have a chance to use the kryptonite if evil!Clark ambushes him and kills him in .0001 seconds?

Comment

All I know is that Batman loves the circus.

ETA: it's this tiny computer.
            Last edited by thewriteranon; 02-07-2016, 06:05 PM.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
            Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
              All I know is that Batman loves the
              Where's the object of the sentence?

Comment

It's this awful keyboard. Batman loves the circus.

Also he started out as Pterodactylman. But people laughed at him. Probably because he makes a huge bat, but he's a tiny pterodactyl.

Katniss Everdeen

Comment

Originally posted by thewriteranon View Post
                  It's this awful keyboard. Batman loves the circus.

Also he started out as Pterodactylman. But people laughed at him. Probably because he makes a huge bat, but he's a tiny pterodactyl.
                  They laugh at him in Germany too because the word for bat in german means flying mouse.

Comment

Lots of strange answers here based on bizarre and apocryphal comic book plot lines designed merely to sell comic books. The real Superman is George Reeves. He doesn't go rogue; kryptonite never has more than a minor, temporary effect on him; it is only used by bad guys; and everybody has a good laugh at Jimmy Olson at the end. These were the good ol' days of 1950s America when Eisenhower was president that you all here at TWeb are supposed to long for.
                    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Lots of strange answers here based on bizarre and apocryphal comic book plot lines designed merely to sell comic books. The real Superman is George Reeves. He doesn't go rogue; kryptonite never has more than a minor, temporary effect on him; it is only used by bad guys; and everybody has a good laugh at Jimmy Olson at the end. These were the good ol' days of 1950s America when Eisenhower was president that you all here at TWeb are supposed to long for.
                      Back before the war, when bacon was crispy.

Comment

I think you mean Christopher Reeve.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Back before the war, when bacon was crispy.
                          Before people had webbed knees.

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                            I think you mean Christopher Reeve.
                            No, I definitely mean George Reeves:

https://youtu.be/p0B1ufyXOds

Comment

No, I definitely mean George Reeves:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOHFCuLj2uI

Comment

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
                                No, it is you who are on the side of innovation and heresy. I stand firm with George Reeves on the side of Truth, Justice, and the American Way.

By the way, here's the best recap I've seen of the history of Superman and Batman together:
                                https://graemesliterarytimemachine.w...008-2011-2013/

Comment