Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

Batman V Superman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rational Gaze View Post
    Superman could kill Batman in one second. He doesn't because he chooses not to. No contest.
    Superman actually has killed numerous times and in this film franchise alone.

http://www.newsarama.com/19848-world...r-enemies.html
    "Look at what happened after the European peoples succeeded in removing the clergy from public life and restricting them to their churches. They built up human being promoted enlightenment, creativity and rebellion. States which are based on religion confine their people in the circle of faith and fear."-Raif Badawi

Comment

Originally posted by Secular Liberation View Post
      I'm talking exclusively about the fight between Batman and Superman. In the trailer he says: "Stay down. If I wanted it, you'd be dead already."

QED.
      My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Originally posted by Secular Liberation View Post

http://www.newsarama.com/19848-world...r-enemies.html
        Evil Kryptonians don't count. Name a single version of Superman that would kill Batman and still be a good guy.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          Evil Kryptonians don't count. Name a single version of Superman that would kill Batman and still be a good guy.
          when supes kills the evil batman!!!

Comment

batman hangs around at night.
            he is the DARK knight.
            a jedi is a knight.
            a dark jedi is a sith lord.
            batman is a sith lord and is evil and wants to take over the universe and kill superman.

therefore superman must kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              when supes kills the evil batman!!!
              Maybe if it was a dire situation where mercy killing Batman was the only option? If Batman was turned into a zombie? But Clark could just capture zombie!Batman and keep him as a pet zombie.

Comment

For some insane reason I'd like to see a super hero version of the three billy goats gruff. With Superman being the biggest billy goat, who should be the troll and the other billy goats?

Comment

For some insane reason I'd like to see a super hero version of the three billy goats gruff. With Superman being the biggest billy goat, who should be the troll and the other billy goats?
                  Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Darkseid.

Comment

Why does Alfred say it would be suicide for Batman to fight Superman? It would only be potentially lethal for Batman if he was correct about Superman being a potential threat. Since Bruce is wrong and Clark really is one of the good guys, Batman just got an opportunity to fight a Kryptonian and live to tell the tale.

Comment

I think I'll just do the three billy goats gruff with the Dynamic Duo and Superman. Just because.

One sunny day, Superman, Batman, and Robin were unexpectedly teleported(by Mr. Mxyzptlk, I'm just trying to get them in this crazy situation somehow) into a different dimension where the only way back home was through a dimensional tunnel that was guarded by a powerful troll. The troll was more powerful that a thousand bears. The tunnel entrance was only wide enough for our heroes to enter one at a time. The mischievous imp had informed the three super heroes about the troll and the fact they could only enter one at a time. And the troll was very aggressive and hungry.
                      Batman said, "This is crazy. Don't we just need to trick that imp into saying his name backwards?" Mxy then said that he just wanted to prank them and would be soon leaving. After all, he just wanted to annoy Superman. And he had done just that. Robin then noted, "Hey, this sounds like the three billy goats gruff with the troll and the passage that can only be transversed one at a time! I got this! Bye!" Batman wanted Robin to wait, but Dick Grayson the boy wonder had already skipped into the tunnel.
                      Halfway through the passage, the troll showed up and said that he would eat him(all inter-dimensional trolls come with universal translators). Robin said, "Oh, you don't want to eat me. I'm too scrawny. But someone bigger should be coming through next. If you let me go, he might think it's safe and you might have him for supper." The greedy troll then decided to let Robin by. Batman then told Superman to let him go next. Clark thought that made sense, for he was also familiar with the tale. The two also wanted to ensure that Batman made it safely across. Superman could easily take care of himself, after all.
                      Batman then stealthily sneaked through the tunnel entrance. Halfway through the passage, the troll confronted him. The troll said that he was hungry and was going to eat him. Batman said, "I'm not meaty enough for you. And I have a Kryptonian buddy who is about to come through. Don't attack me and he won't severely hurt you." The troll didn't think the next guy would be too much trouble and would make a decent meal. Trolls are not known for being intellegent. In case the troll changed his mind, Batman threw a smoke pellet and ran the rest of the way back home.
                      Superman then went through the tunnel. The troll said that he would eat him and Superman punched the troll back into the other dimension where the troll would never bother anyone again. He also tricked Mxy into going back to his dimension.
                      The End

Comment

Is anyone planning on seeing this movie? I'm not seeing it because it's too dark. And it may not be that good. Not terrible, but not good either.

Comment

My friend from work just got out of the movie theater and he said it was really good.
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The only person I know who has seen it said he thought the plot was muddled.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              The only person I know who has seen it said he thought the plot was muddled.
                              If you go to a superhero smack down movie looking for a plot, you get what you deserve
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Is anyone planning on seeing this movie? I'm not seeing it because it's too dark. And it may not be that good. Not terrible, but not good either.
                                I saw it, and I liked it. It's far from a perfect film. It has some incredibly erratic editing, and a lot of the characters motivations don't make sense. Really the film feels like it's a 4 hour film packed into 2 and a half. I imagine ton of material landed on the cutting room floor, and feel like it would have been better as a 2 part-er.

But...I liked it. The good, which includes the atmosphere, the acting, the stunts, the FX, and most of all the score was some of the best I've seen in this genre.

A few key things helped me enjoy this film. 1.) I didn't see more than the first trailer, so I went in sort of cold. 2.) I went in with adjusted expectations based on the incredibly negative reviews. 3.) I'm familiar with the source material. 4.) I wasn't bored, and not being bored is sort of my litmus test for a watchable film. I don't mind bad films, just don't be boring.

My feeling about the film's characters? This is still largely Superman's movie, and so, for me, this felt very connected to Man of Steel, which I liked, but didn't love. Wonder Woman's intro was fantastic, and fan hate over the fact that she looks like a supermodel rather than a buff bodybuilder seemed ridiculous. Lex Luthor is completely unlike his source material character. Eisenberg's characterization of him was completely weird and much closer to his Zuckerberg character in The Social Network than any Luthor I'm familiar with. Affleck's Batman was much closer to his original incarnation, and also a direct lift from Miller's Batman in The Dark Knight Returns.

All in all, I liked it. Snyder's direction leans Michael Bay-ish here and there, and again the editing is crazy, but it's a fun film. I'm looking forward to a cut of it that fills the film out a bit and makes it feel more like the film I'm assuming they originally had before the studio interfered.

Comment