Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Is the Earth Flat? - Some Evidence Presented

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnMartin View Post
    There is nothing to thrust against in space.

JM
    yes there is. the pod. the rocket exhaust pushes against the pod, pushing it away. duh. equal and opposite reaction.

Comment

So what do these thrusters thrust against in space? Show how space is both a vacuum and thrusters steer pods in space in accord with Newtons three laws.

When I stated you had no answer, I was referring to our recent conversation in which you refused to give a direct answer. I did not lie.

JM
      Explained many times over.

The expanding gases thrust against the rocket, just like a bowling ball you toss while ice skating will push against you.

Try it and see!

Comment

All this has been explained before. The Helio model remains invalidated.

JM
        Yes it has - to the detriment of the Geo "model" which was invalidated five centuries ago.

Comment

So what do these thrusters thrust against in space? Show how space is both a vacuum and thrusters steer pods in space in accord with Newtons three laws.
          There is no requirement to thrust against anything outside of the satellite. Newton's Third Law is very simple. Equal and opposite forces. You shoot stuff in one direction, you move in the opposite direction. That's it. As I said, every physicist on the planet will tell you the same thing. Don't try to make up your own version of physics. Obviously, you're very bad at it.
          Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            stop ignoring your problem of no eclipse in the flat earth and no sunlight reaching the moon if the sun acts like a spotlight.

there is no problem in the round earth theory of reflected sunlight. sun light reaches moon and reflects off. no problem. you can go outside and see for yourself. use a telescope and you can even see light and shadows on the craters and mountains showing where the sunlight hits them. obviously they are not lit from inside. just look for yourself.
            The reasons for the reflected sunlight being a problem were given and you avoided giving any solid answers to those problems. If moonlight is reflected sunlight, then light can reflect off a lunar sphere composed of dull rock and dull dirt and seem to be bright about 400,000 km away. The science tests performed to demonstrate that light can do this is what? Nothing. Helio assumes an action of light from the moon that is not permitted by spheres that disperse light and dull surfaces that absorb light. You think otherwise, then fess up with the science experiments to produce the evidence. If you have no science experiments then you have only assumed the moon light is reflected sun light, without science experiments to back your claims.

JM

Comment

Helio assumes an action of light from the moon that is not permitted by spheres that disperse light and dull surfaces that absorb light.
              ZOMG. I need to subscribe to these JohnMartin threads. This stuff is comedy gold.

Edit: Oh wait, I see the subscriptions are added automatically. Cool. I can add notifications to them if I want.
              Last edited by Yttrium; 02-13-2016, 05:49 PM.
              Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

If moonlight is reflected sunlight, then light can reflect off a lunar sphere composed of dull rock and dull dirt and seem to be bright about 400,000 km away. The science tests performed to demonstrate that light can do this is what? Nothing.
                A new sig at last! I weas beginning to wonder if I'd ever get one. Pity it won't be there longer than a week or two.
                Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

The reasons for the reflected sunlight being a problem were given and you avoided giving any solid answers to those problems. If moonlight is reflected sunlight, then light can reflect off a lunar sphere composed of dull rock and dull dirt and seem to be bright about 400,000 km away. The science tests performed to demonstrate that light can do this is what? Nothing. Helio assumes an action of light from the moon that is not permitted by spheres that disperse light and dull surfaces that absorb light. You think otherwise, then fess up with the science experiments to produce the evidence. If you have no science experiments then you have only assumed the moon light is reflected sun light, without science experiments to back your claims.

JM
                  The near side of the Moon has an albedo of about 11%, more than plenty to look bright in the night sky 400,000 km away from Earth.

How do explain lunar phases with your self-luminous "explanation"?

Comment

JM
                    prove that the moon is too dull to reflect sun light. and explain how you can have eclipses on a flat earth.

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
                      The near side of the Moon has an albedo of about 11%, more than plenty to look bright in the night sky 400,000 km away from Earth.

the moon is a big LCD screen that God programs to light up as he wants. I wonder if he sells advertising on it?

Comment

the moon is a big LCD screen that God programs to light up as he wants. I wonder if he sells advertising on it?

Too bad He waited til only recently to reveal LCD/LED technology to us yuman beans.

And He coulda been using that advertising space all along!

{ETA: I purport that it's some kind of Magick Aether Lighting (MAL), the technology of which is still unknown to us.}
                        Last edited by klaus54; 02-13-2016, 07:35 PM. Reason: ps

Comment

• i can convince you the earth is not flat john. just answer a few questions...

1. FE says that gravity does not exist. so what keeps us on the earth according to FE?

you can check the flat earth wiki if you need to look it up.

https://wiki.tfes.org/Gravity
                          Last edited by Sparko; 02-13-2016, 07:35 PM.

Comment

i can convince you the earth is not flat john. just answer a few questions...

1. FE says that gravity does not exist. so what keeps us on the earth according to FE?

you can check the flat earth wiki if you need to look it up.

https://wiki.tfes.org/Gravity
                            Acceleration of 980 gals due to Aetheric Wind, whatever that is.

But how does Earth do this when it has foundations?

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              A new sig at last! I weas beginning to wonder if I'd ever get one. Pity it won't be there longer than a week or two.
                              So says the closet Marxist. Or is it the secular humanist? Both of which are utterly insane worldviews.

Remember Roy, according to your worldview the moon is a superstition, just like everything else.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post

The underlying cause of the moon's albedo is what? Take into account the spherical shape and dullness of the surface.

JM

Comment