Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Is the Earth Flat? - Some Evidence Presented

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnMartin View Post
    Show me the error. It should be easy.
    For the thrusters? You push stuff out one end, you move in the opposite direction. It's a direct application of Newton's Third Law. It's just that simple. We do it all the time.

You keep trying to complicate it. Don't do that.
    Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

It is easy. Or rather it would be easy if you weren't completely incapable of understanding the simplest of concepts.

Satellite thruster rockets work exactly the same way as a released balloon.

Cue complete failure to understand or accept the obvious in 3... 2... 1...
      Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
      MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

JM
        Your errorS have been shown multiple times.

At this point I have to conclude that your are seriously mentally ill, or (as per Sparko) a poor excuse for a troll.

Comment

Just tell me Jim.

Please.

JM
          He HAS, Troll -- many, many times.

Comment

• Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
            How does the speed of dark compare with the speed of light?

Maybe JohnM can work out the maths for the speed of dark in the Magick Aether?

Is the instrument used to project onto the Moon and Sun called a "dark" instead of a "light"?
            dark is caused by particles of anti-photons called darkons. its speed is negative 187K miles/second.

Comment

Jim has no answer to the problem of steering in space. He will never admit it of course.

JM
              Jim has answered you correctly many times.

You will never admit he has.

Geo has failed.

Flat-Earthism has failed.

p.s. Nelson_Ha-Ha.jpg
              Last edited by klaus54; 02-13-2016, 12:05 PM. Reason: p.s.

Comment

The interior light source could be designed by God to partially illuminate the moon during its phases.

You think the FE model is complicated and therefore a joke. Maybe you are right.

Lets put your thesis to the test with the Helio model which says sun light is reflected off the moon. The suns reflected light off the moon is intense, yet the moon is composed of dull moon rock and dust and in a concave shape. Such composition and moon shape points to light from the sun being both absorbed by the moons surface and/or dispersed form the moons surface. Yet we see the moon light, both bright and not dispersed from the lunar surface.

The Helio model sees the dull, concave moon surface which points to lunar light absorption and dispersion, yet the model has to account for lunar light that is strong and focused (not dispersed) when seen from the earth.

I think the Helio model is a collection of ad hoc physics that requires faith in modern science.

JM
                the moon is not concave. and it is not dull as you can see.

so now god has to have variable lights in the moon to account for phases and eclipses. and i suppose the sun does too to account for eclipses and night time. do you realize how absurd that is? why would God want to fool people into thinking the earth is round and rotating and the moon just reflects sunlight. you are making god into a liar. someone who purposefully fools his creation with tricks and then punishes them for believing the tricks.

the simplest explanation is that the earth is a sphere, it rotates and it orbits the sun. and God gave us brains to figure it out and he is not a liar.
                Last edited by Sparko; 02-13-2016, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  dark is caused by particles of anti-photons called darkons. its speed is negative 187K miles/second.
                  Does Satan communicate via Darkons similar to the manner in which Mormons communicate with Kolob via Tachyons?

Comment

Does Satan communicate via Darkons similar to the manner in which Mormons communicate with Kolob via Tachyons?
                    I dont know about satan but the sith use darkons all the time.

Comment

Your errorS have been shown multiple times.

At this point I have to conclude that your are seriously mentally ill, or (as per Sparko) a poor excuse for a troll.
                      I go with the seriously mentally ill excuse myself. Might explain why he disappears for months at a time too. Those are the times the meds start kicking in.
                      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        Please don't lie John - the answer has been given to you over and over. Simple reaction motors which generate thrust. The same kind that launch the rockets in the first place. You refuse to admit that is the answer, but that does not change the fact that is the answer, and it does not change the fact you've been told that over and over. So to say I have no answer is a lie John. Stop Lying John.

Jim
                        So what do these thrusters thrust against in space? Show how space is both a vacuum and thrusters steer pods in space in accord with Newtons three laws.

When I stated you had no answer, I was referring to our recent conversation in which you refused to give a direct answer. I did not lie.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                          For the thrusters? You push stuff out one end, you move in the opposite direction. It's a direct application of Newton's Third Law. It's just that simple. We do it all the time.

You keep trying to complicate it. Don't do that.
                          There is nothing to thrust against in space.

JM

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            the moon is not concave. and it is not dull as you can see.

so now god has to have variable lights in the moon to account for phases and eclipses. and i suppose the sun does too to account for eclipses and night time. do you realize how absurd that is? why would God want to fool people into thinking the earth is round and rotating and the moon just reflects sunlight. you are making god into a liar. someone who purposefully fools his creation with tricks and then punishes them for believing the tricks.

the simplest explanation is that the earth is a sphere, it rotates and it orbits the sun. and God gave us brains to figure it out and he is not a liar.
                            No answer to the problem of reflected light from the sun.

JM

Comment

No answer to the problem of reflected light from the sun.

JM
                              stop ignoring your problem of no eclipse in the flat earth and no sunlight reaching the moon if the sun acts like a spotlight.

there is no problem in the round earth theory of reflected sunlight. sun light reaches moon and reflects off. no problem. you can go outside and see for yourself. use a telescope and you can even see light and shadows on the craters and mountains showing where the sunlight hits them. obviously they are not lit from inside. just look for yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                No, it shows you're a nutcase that doesn't understand basic science.

Again nutcase, your 'experiment' wouldn't show that anyway because it is based on your own ignorance of gravity and how it works.

Again nut job, your 'experiment' wouldn't show that anyway because you keep forgetting about the earth's gravity being much stronger than the table's gravity. Here's the problem, you're a nutcase that can't admit he's wrong about anything and tries to cover up his own stupidity by reasoning that makes no sense, to anybody, but himself.

AKA you're a nut job that doesn't know what he's talking about.

Wrong again nut job, keep trying.
                                All this has been explained before. The Helio model remains invalidated.

JM

Comment