Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 02/09/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 02/09/2016

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing
    From Hope to Reality – the Resurrection Story…

Tomorrow the Easter Season officially begins with Ash Wednesday, I like to think of it as Ask Wednesday. The Psalmist not only asks to spend eternity with the LORD but in so doing he expresses his greatest hope. “The one thing I ask of the LORD— the thing I seek most— is to live in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, delighting in the LORD’s perfections and meditating in his Temple. For he will conceal me there when troubles come; he will hide me in his sanctuary. He will place me out of reach on a high rock.” (Psalm 27:4–5, NLT)

As you no doubt know Ash/Ask Wednesday is the beginning of Lent, which is a 40-day period of personal preparation to celebrate Jesus’ death and resurrection. Another way of looking at Lent is a time to get our “house” in order so we can move into the House of the LORD. In some Christian circles our preparations for Holy Week include giving up something as a symbol of our desire to deepen our relationship with God. One of the questions I am frequently asked is, “What are you giving up for Lent?” So, “What are you giving up for Lent?” Haven’t thought about it? May I make a suggest something of great value, something you can quite easily give up for Lent?

Time. There is nothing more valuable than time. Time is perhaps the only commodity existing that cannot be replaced. The few minutes you’ve spent reading this are gone forever, you can never get them back. So for the next 40 days (beginning tomorrow) why not “give up” 40 minutes of every day to spending time divided in prayer, reading, studying, and meditating in your bible, reading a Glory Seed or other devotional. You can divide the 40 minutes throughout the day any way you want to.

How much is 1600 minutes (26.6666 hours) of your life worth to you? Go ahead take your present wage per hour and do the math, now put a price tag on spending eternity in the LORD’S House. There is NOTHING more valuable in this world/life more valuable than your relationship with God! There is NOTHING in God’s World/Life more valuable than His relationship with you! God gave His Son the prove it. Jesus gave his life to turn hope into a reality.

Welcome to the House of the LORD!

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X