Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Protesters smear fake blood on faces at blogger Milo Yiannopoulos' Rutgers talk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fact that these pinheads came with the fake blood in hand shows that they had every intention of making an ass of themselves, regardless of what this gentleman had to say.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
      Do you ever pay attention to Bill Maher?
      does anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by The Thinker View Post
        Do you ever pay attention to Bill Maher?
        Not if I can help it.

His "Politically Incorrect" show was a continual attack on conservatives and traditional morality. IOW, it was as Politically CORRECT as a liberal could be.

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          Interesting because I always thought colleges were a place to be introduced to new ideas and not be suck in an echo chamber of your own thoughts.
          That is conservative wacko talk. Shame on you.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Echo chambers are bad. Conservatives should be ashamed of them.

Conservatives shouldn't be allowed to speak at educational institutions. Nobody should have to listen to that nonsense.
            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Echo chambers are bad. Liberals should be ashamed of them.

Liberals shouldn't be allowed to speak at educational institutions. Nobody should have to listen to that nonsense.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                Echo chambers are bad. Liberals should be ashamed of them.

Liberals shouldn't be allowed to speak at educational institutions. Nobody should have to listen to that nonsense.
                I was being sarcastic. I just don't like the sarcasm tags.
                I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                  I was being sarcastic. I just don't like the sarcasm tags.
                  I got it. I have seen other posts of yours. I just felt it should show both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychic Missile View Post
                    There's a middle ground between echo chamber and open mic night.

If you don't like who's speaking; don't go to the show. What's so hard about that?
                    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

If you don't like who's speaking; don't go to the show. What's so hard about that?
                      But today's liberals do not want any dissenting voices heard by anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        You don't seem to have a problem expressing your own thoughts. Why do you have a problem with others doing the same?

The American people do not have a right to have a university host a lecture for anyone with an opinion. Any given speaker welcomes to lecture should provide some academic value.

Comment

The American people do not have a right to have a university host a lecture for anyone with an opinion. Any given speaker welcomes to lecture should provide some academic value.
                          could you try that again, in English?

Comment

And Milo offered plenty of academic value in his speech. These pinheads didn't like his message beforehand, and plotted to make an ass of themselves. Mission was accomplished.
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

And what sort of 'academic value' is offered in:

- College spots
                              - College stores
                              - Fraternities/sororities

By the logic you present here, we should rid these things from every university campus, correct?
                              "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

That would eliminate all lecturers/profs in Liberal Arts, which is all opinion and no hard science at all.
                                Near the Peoples' Republic of Davis, south of the State of Jefferson (Suspended between Left and Right)

Comment