Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

God is good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• God is good

Early last month I was involved in a fairly bad car wreck that left me in excruciating pain for several days. Both vehicles were totaled (I was driving my girlfriend's SUV) and it was the other driver's fault (he is 16, an illegal alien with neither parent in the country, had been drinking and went out joy riding -- stole -- a neighbor's car). mossy was the only one here that I told about this and asked her not to mention it.

Well I recovered after missing nearly two weeks work and all was good (my girlfriend was actually glad to get rid of the SUV which she never liked).

A week or two later the back portion of my left calf was a little sore but not worth worrying about and I dismissed it as just one of those things about growing older. Then this past Monday I found myself stuck moving some heavy equipment on a pallet jack by myself. While pulling it while walking backwards I could feel the strain on my legs and worked up a sweat. But later that afternoon while at home my left calf started swelling up and hurting so bad that I actually needed a cane to walk.

It was better the next day but still swollen and I limped quite noticeably. But by Wednesday evening it had increased swelling quite noticeably so I went to the doctor.

The immediate suspicion was a blood clot and a substantial one especially when I told him about how after the accident I spent a great deal of time sitting at the computer with my ankles crossed under the chair which pressed against the back of my left calf -- close to where the sorest part on my leg was. Sitting was about the only thing I could do where I was even remotely comfortable.

I scheduled an appointment for an ultrasound check which was going to be Tuesday morning. But when I woke up this morning my calf was even bigger and showed discoloration (like light green bruising). Not wanting to wait and chance it I went to the ER this morning.

Everyone that looked at it immediately agreed that I had a significant blood clot.

Then when I had the ultrasound the tech said she saw no signs of any blood clots and the doctor who later reviewed it agreed. They diagnosed it as a slight tear in a muscle along with an infection (apparently I had a slight fever and didn't realize it).

Whew. That was a relief.

So I was given a prescription for antibiotics and told to come back if the swelling hadn't gone down in the next week to ten days.

Now the only problem (aside from a splitting tension headache) is how will I pay for this emergency room visit. The auto insurance (mine and my girlfriend's paid for the accident -- mostly). But when I called the home office of the place I work for to get an insurance number (I signed up for it last year) they said they never got the paperwork and I had no insurance.

They have a habit of "forgetting" to send things so when I never got an insurance card I put it down to just their typical ineptness. And since I have direct deposit I never realized they weren't deducting anything from my check. Yeah, shoulda been more observant

Well, it appears that considering how little I make (due to only having a few hours a week), I'm actually exempt from Obamacare. Thank God my expenses are low (less than $500/mth mortgage).

Anyhow, I'm going to have to apply for financial relief with the hospital and probably make payments. Still, it could have been much worse. I could have had some serious blood clots, and that is why I'm saying (and for so many other reasons), God is good.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Been praying.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

All the time!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

ing for you!

Comment

Thank you everyone

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

ing for you rogue!
              3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  ... Whew. That was a relief.
                  Yes, indeed. I had multiple severe pulmonary embolisms from a blood clot a few years ago and it is not fun.

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  ... But when I called the home office of the place I work for to get an insurance number (I signed up for it last year) they said they never got the paperwork and I had no insurance.

They have a habit of "forgetting" to send things so when I never got an insurance card I put it down to just their typical ineptness. And since I have direct deposit I never realized they weren't deducting anything from my check. Yeah, shoulda been more observant ...
                  Can you document that you gave them the paperwork? Have you asked if they will take responsibility for their screw-up? My wife had some unusual health-care expenses a few years ago, which were uncovered by our new insurance plan, and my company was willing to assume the costs, even 'though it was not their fault in any legal sense.

Glad to hear you're OK!
                  βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                  ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                      Yes, indeed. I had multiple severe pulmonary embolisms from a blood clot a few years ago and it is not fun.

Can you document that you gave them the paperwork? Have you asked if they will take responsibility for their screw-up? My wife had some unusual health-care expenses a few years ago, which were uncovered by our new insurance plan, and my company was willing to assume the costs, even 'though it was not their fault in any legal sense.

Glad to hear you're OK!
                      I filled out the paperwork and mailed it in. Since I have my checks direct deposited (they don't give you a choice) I never noticed that they weren't deducting anything for health care.

And again, thanks everyone.

Comment

i have a spare pegleg you can borrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          i have a spare pegleg you can borrow.
                          rogue tech has designed one more fitting with personality if I need it.

tumblr_mfbvttNUzS1rf2m3xo1_500.gif tumblr_m5vdq6xnrC1ryytvwo1_500.gif

And no I don't have to wear the same outfit

Comment

Healing up pretty well but now to add insult to injury I discovered that my hot water heater burst last night and I have a flooded basement

Now I have to buy a hot water heater, install it, get a wet vac (I used a squeegee to move about 5 gallons out through the door but going over carpet it is basically futile). No running water for the next couple of days

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment