Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

My Crackpot Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Crackpot Theory

I've been inspired by a certain other twebber to describe my very own crackpot theory. This is something I've labored on for hours, or at least quite a few minutes, armed with none of that fancy math or scientific formulae.

The known universe is expanding at an increasing rate because of... light pressure!!!

No, really. Light pressure!!!

Under Relativity, the distance between objects decreases as you approach the speed of light relative to those objects. The time it takes you to pass between those objects decreases. For light itself, there is no distance between objects. A photon is at its origin and destination simultaneously, from its own perspective. It does not experience the passage of time, and therefore cannot decay during transit. We see a time difference, but the photon does not.

This implies that the photon needs a destination! It can't just fly off into empty space. There must be a particle of matter to be its destination. In fact, I submit that there really is no such thing as a photon particle. Since there is no distance from the light's perspective, there is simply a direct transfer of energy from one particle to another. This transfer gives the appearance of a wave, and imparts a momentum similar to the impact of a particle, and there is a time difference perceived by observers, but there is no actual particle traveling from one point to another.

Why is this important? It is very simple. The light cannot simply radiate beyond the known universe. It must transfer to particles within the known universe. Unless there is matter beyond the known universe... which could be pulling on the matter in our known universe to speed it up... But no! That's for someone else's crackpot theory. My crackpot theory will have none of that outside matter. Anyway. Since the known universe is roughly a sphere, with the matter spread around the surface of that sphere, the light must transfer from point to point on the surface of that sphere. And so the momentum imparted by the light serves to push the matter ever faster outward.

Now, I'm sure there are other explanations that may seem perfectly reasonable, but they are, of course, simply part of a conspiracy against me.
    Last edited by Yttrium; 02-17-2016, 02:26 PM.
    Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

How do you explain the problem of the darkons? Space is mostly dark because of darkons. They would cause the universe to collapse as they would require an antidestination, and of course you know what that means. Right! The destinations would disappear! Meaning that for every darkon a bit of matter vanishes, causing the mass of the universe to decrease and the universe to get smaller. And there are a heck of a lot more darkons than photons, mister. A heckava lot more. Therefore the universe would have collapsed into nothingness long ago. Which proves that this universe does not exist. At all. Poof! We are figments of our own imaginations!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Which proves that this universe does not exist. At all. Poof! We are figments of our own imaginations!
      I'm pretty sure that Tassman is a figment of my imagination.
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Intelligent Expansion

Comment

This actually makes more sense than John Martin's flat earth stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by klaus54 View Post
            Intelligent Expansion
            quantum criticism!

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
              I've been inspired by a certain other twebber to describe my very own crackpot theory. This is something I've labored on for hours, or at least quite a few minutes, armed with none of that fancy math or scientific formulae.

The known universe is expanding at an increasing rate because of... light pressure!!!

No, really. Light pressure!!!

Under Relativity, the distance between objects decreases as you approach the speed of light relative to those objects. The time it takes you to pass between those objects decreases. For light itself, there is no distance between objects. A photon is at its origin and destination simultaneously, from its own perspective. It does not experience the passage of time, and therefore cannot decay during transit. We see a time difference, but the photon does not.

This implies that the photon needs a destination! It can't just fly off into empty space. There must be a particle of matter to be its destination. In fact, I submit that there really is no such thing as a photon particle. Since there is no distance from the light's perspective, there is simply a direct transfer of energy from one particle to another. This transfer gives the appearance of a wave, and imparts a momentum similar to the impact of a particle, and there is a time difference perceived by observers, but there is no actual particle traveling from one point to another.

Why is this important? It is very simple. The light cannot simply radiate beyond the known universe. It must transfer to particles within the known universe. Unless there is matter beyond the known universe... which could be pulling on the matter in our known universe to speed it up... But no! That's for someone else's crackpot theory. My crackpot theory will have none of that outside matter. Anyway. Since the known universe is roughly a sphere, with the matter spread around the surface of that sphere, the light must transfer from point to point on the surface of that sphere. And so the momentum imparted by the light serves to push the matter ever faster outward.

Now, I'm sure there are other explanations that may seem perfectly reasonable, but they are, of course, simply part of a conspiracy against me.
              Your's is more 'coherent' than John's - just don't let it go to your head!

JIm
              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

JIm
                but the universe is flat

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

JIm
                  Pretty darn low bar you established there.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Pretty darn low bar you established there.
                    at least he didn't say magellan2004

Comment

at least he didn't say magellan2004
                      Poor starfish.
                      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Which proves that this universe does not exist.
                        Finally, recognition that I am indeed one with everything.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          I'm pretty sure that Tassman is a figment of my imagination.
                          Well just stop it. You are a sick man imagining someone like that. At least imagine that he haunts a different board.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

If we are figments of our imaginations, then my imagination removes the darkons. Consequently there is no darkon problem in my theory.

So no one has been able to credibly dispute my theory. This proves that it is true!
                            Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Yttrium View Post
                              If we are figments of our imaginations, then my imagination removes the darkons. Consequently there is no darkon problem in my theory.

So no one has been able to credibly dispute my theory. This proves that it is true!
                              not quite! you also forgot about the gravity vortexes and quasar repeaters. Because of them, it is obvious that the dark pool matter sinks would keep the photonic expansion at a negative spatial coefficient.

Let the toroidal inverse flux be represented by DKN and the gravity content be represented as DNTS. Then DKN^DNTS When paired with CoF-E (the Coeficient of Flux-Energy) equals WaiST (Wait-time Spacial Tesseract) Expansion. As can be measured at Orion's Belt.

DKN ^ DNTS + CoF-E --> WaiST Expansion.

Comment