Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Because I Said So!

Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think the parent should always give an explanation when ever possible. And of course be age appropriate. So to be understood . And should be out of love for the child. And the parent should make that point that it is out of love for them. And there can be more to this.
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Because being a parent is hard, and people are lazy, basically.

My daughter is four years old. Sometimes, I'll say something like, "Because I said so! Just...stop asking me questions for a while. Please." Undoubtedly hypocritical on my part, as well as lazy, negligent, etc.

Being a parent is something that I've come to believe there's no real preparation for. Sometimes just barely staying afloat is about all you can do.
    Last edited by Zymologist; 09-21-2016 at 03:23 PM.
    Hofstadter's Law: It will always take longer than you expect, even if you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

"Metal is an apple--everything's good but the core."

Theologyweb's Official Grandfather Jedidiah's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by 37818 View Post
    I think the parent should always give an explanation when ever possible. And of course be age appropriate. So to be understood . And should be out of love for the child. And the parent should make that point that it is out of love for them. And there can be more to this.
    That works for the first one or two questions. But they often lead to an endless series of questions.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    That works for the first one or two questions. But they often lead to an endless series of questions.
    Tell them to go do their own research in a book if they know how to read. If they are old enough to use the internet, tell them to look up the answer to their questions.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Faith
    Nontraditional Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah View Post
    . . . the Gospel of Christ, for it is [the] power of God to salvation to every [one] believing, . . . -- Romans 1:16.

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3, 4.

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1.

6. Amen TheWall amen'd this post.