Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Pro-Life Activism

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Question about Pro-Life Activism

How would you respond to people who say that it is a waste of time being involved with pro-life activism? They say that Christians should be focused on telling other people about how God saves people from their sins. They would also say that it does no good to convince someone that abortion is wrong if they are going to wind up in hell when they die. I have heard people say these things and I just wanted to know how you would respond to that?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    By that logic, we shouldn't argue against any social ill or criminal action.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

3. Amen LostSheep, DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    People do two things regarding the laws:
    They get an indication that something might be acceptable because it isn't illegal
    or
    They get avoid doing something which might be harmful because it is illegal

The activism can help steer people away from a casual decision to act in sin. So the ministry of pro-life activists may be a step in the right direction in saving a person from their sins.

The issue about 'hell' doesn't make sense in that we don't know whether (or when) a person will come to Christ. And many Christians, even when trying to evangelize, don't directly see many people come to the Lord. So, we always ought to spend our time as best as we can with the abilities that God has given us -- that can be in pro-life activities -- which also can be outreach for people's salvation.

5. Amen LostSheep amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxb View Post
    How would you respond to people who say that it is a waste of time being involved with pro-life activism?
    It's my life.

They say that Christians should be focused on telling other people about how God saves people from their sins.
    We should do that in ADDITION to our other pursuits - it's not an either/or.

They would also say that it does no good to convince someone that abortion is wrong if they are going to wind up in hell when they die.
    I have, personally, and as part of a group, convinced numerous women not to abort their babies, and some of these have actually accepted Christ as Savior, and will be raising their babies as Christians.

I have heard people say these things and I just wanted to know how you would respond to that?
    I must be about my Father's business.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    We are to be a good influence on the world we live in. If we were not supposed to interfere and change the world, God wouldn't have put us here.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    We are to be a good influence on the world we live in. If we were not supposed to interfere and change the world, God wouldn't have put us here.
    Salt & Light

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

9. Amen DesertBerean, LostSheep, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Salt & Light
    or Salted Bacon.

Faith
    Ecumenical Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxb View Post
    How would you respond to people who say that it is a waste of time being involved with pro-life activism? They say that Christians should be focused on telling other people about how God saves people from their sins. They would also say that it does no good to convince someone that abortion is wrong if they are going to wind up in hell when they die. I have heard people say these things and I just wanted to know how you would respond to that?
    I'm supposed to be caring about the weakest members of society according to the Bible and I believe that includes the very young and the very old.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    It's my life.

We should do that in ADDITION to our other pursuits - it's not an either/or.

I have, personally, and as part of a group, convinced numerous women not to abort their babies, and some of these have actually accepted Christ as Savior, and will be raising their babies as Christians.

I must be about my Father's business.
    You're right. People can do both- pro-life activism and evangelism.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Catholicity View Post
    I'm supposed to be caring about the weakest members of society according to the Bible and I believe that includes the very young and the very old.
    That reminds me of the widows and orphans being cared for in the Book of James.