Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Question about Pro-Life Activism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Pro-Life Activism

How would you respond to people who say that it is a waste of time being involved with pro-life activism? They say that Christians should be focused on telling other people about how God saves people from their sins. They would also say that it does no good to convince someone that abortion is wrong if they are going to wind up in hell when they die. I have heard people say these things and I just wanted to know how you would respond to that?

By that logic, we shouldn't argue against any social ill or criminal action.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

People do two things regarding the laws:
      They get an indication that something might be acceptable because it isn't illegal
      or
      They get avoid doing something which might be harmful because it is illegal

The activism can help steer people away from a casual decision to act in sin. So the ministry of pro-life activists may be a step in the right direction in saving a person from their sins.

The issue about 'hell' doesn't make sense in that we don't know whether (or when) a person will come to Christ. And many Christians, even when trying to evangelize, don't directly see many people come to the Lord. So, we always ought to spend our time as best as we can with the abilities that God has given us -- that can be in pro-life activities -- which also can be outreach for people's salvation.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaxb View Post
        How would you respond to people who say that it is a waste of time being involved with pro-life activism?
        It's my life.

They say that Christians should be focused on telling other people about how God saves people from their sins.
        We should do that in ADDITION to our other pursuits - it's not an either/or.

They would also say that it does no good to convince someone that abortion is wrong if they are going to wind up in hell when they die.
        I have, personally, and as part of a group, convinced numerous women not to abort their babies, and some of these have actually accepted Christ as Savior, and will be raising their babies as Christians.

I have heard people say these things and I just wanted to know how you would respond to that?
        I must be about my Father's business.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We are to be a good influence on the world we live in. If we were not supposed to interfere and change the world, God wouldn't have put us here.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            We are to be a good influence on the world we live in. If we were not supposed to interfere and change the world, God wouldn't have put us here.
            Salt & Light
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Salt & Light
              or Salted Bacon.

Comment

How would you respond to people who say that it is a waste of time being involved with pro-life activism? They say that Christians should be focused on telling other people about how God saves people from their sins. They would also say that it does no good to convince someone that abortion is wrong if they are going to wind up in hell when they die. I have heard people say these things and I just wanted to know how you would respond to that?
                I'm supposed to be caring about the weakest members of society according to the Bible and I believe that includes the very young and the very old.
                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  It's my life.

We should do that in ADDITION to our other pursuits - it's not an either/or.

I have, personally, and as part of a group, convinced numerous women not to abort their babies, and some of these have actually accepted Christ as Savior, and will be raising their babies as Christians.

I must be about my Father's business.
                  You're right. People can do both- pro-life activism and evangelism.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                    I'm supposed to be caring about the weakest members of society according to the Bible and I believe that includes the very young and the very old.
                    That reminds me of the widows and orphans being cared for in the Book of James.

Comment

Unless these people are involved in eating, sleeping, and otherwise 24/7 evangelism and nothing else, they have no room to speak, and I doubt they are.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                        Unless these people are involved in eating, sleeping, and otherwise 24/7 evangelism and nothing else, they have no room to speak, and I doubt they are.
                        They wouldn't be able to do evangelism 24/7. It's physiologically impossible!
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

This is getting close to debate. Careful folks.
                          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

This is how I would respond.
                            Silence-in-the-face-of-evil.jpg

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X