Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Your best life now???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    No permission granted. I merely wish to discuss an aberrant idea with other Christians.
    He needs permission from a mod, sweetie.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Reply:

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: ke7ejx

Arguing with moderation isn't allowed. If you have a problem with a decision, you can take it up in the Padded Room

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
      Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by ke7ejx; 04-18-2017, 11:21 AM. Reason: Arguing with Moderation isn't allowed.

Comment

I know, can you please get James to stay on topic?
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          exactly!
          The prosperity gospel is foolish! If it were true, then I'd have a green lantern ring(not literally, just that I can think of more awesome stuff than merely health and wealth if God were really like what the prosperity gospel hacks claim)! I don't. So it is false!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The problem is the fact that prosperity gospel (what Osteen and other Televangelists preach) is very dangerous. While God can and does bless people profusely and even beyond their wildest dreams, we're not entitled to it nor are we guaranteed to have it even if we give x amount of money to their causes. Such teachings can fracture a person's relationship with God.
            I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
              The problem is the fact that prosperity gospel (what Osteen and other Televangelists preach) is very dangerous. While God can and does bless people profusely and even beyond their wildest dreams, we're not entitled to it nor are we guaranteed to have it even if we give x amount of money to their causes. Such teachings can fracture a person's relationship with God.
              It is very sad that people think God has broken a promise, when in fact He did no such thing. False teachers have claimed promises that God did not actually promise. Is there anyone on tweb that really believes the prosperity gospel horse manure?

Comment

Originally posted by ke7ejx View Post
                Very true. And some of the most dangerous of this teaching is that WE can bring about our own "best life now" just by thinking and speaking it. And treating the Creator of all there is as a sort of cosmic genie just waiting for our permission to work.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Very true. And some of the most dangerous of this teaching is that WE can bring about our own "best life now" just by thinking and speaking it. And treating the Creator of all there is as a sort of cosmic genie just waiting for our permission to work.
                  Bingo.
                  I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Indeed. Prayer is not a Green Lantern ring/ magic ring/lamp that will bring your imagination to fruition. God is not a genie!!!! Talk about foolishness! Imagine if Jesus were to give a prosperity preacher a lecture. Not fun for the prosperity teacher.

Comment

They'll get their lecture one day. Along the lines of, "depart from Me, I never knew you".

Comment

" Prayer does not change God but it changes he who prays" Soren Kierkegaard.
                        sigpic

Comment

They'll get their lecture one day. Along the lines of, "depart from Me, I never knew you".
                          Ouch...

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                            It is very sad that people think God has broken a promise, when in fact He did no such thing. False teachers have claimed promises that God did not actually promise. Is there anyone on tweb that really believes the prosperity gospel horse manure?
                            We had a member named Ty Rockwell that went in for all that nonsense. He would defend Benny Hinn and the like.

Comment

I can think of one here now, but I won't name names.

Comment

I can think of one here now, but I won't name names.
                                Because they'll come here and whine about us being mean?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X