Announcement

Collapse

Admissions Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the TheologyWeb Community. Here in the Admissions Dept. we welcome all the newcomers. This section is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new resident. Be sure to be welcomed or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is slacking.

Forum Rules: here

Wow! You made it! Here you are in the Admissions and Orientation Department of Tweb! This is where the rubber first hits the road; where the pedal first hits the metal; where the nuts come out of the woodwork to make sure you feel at home here.

The Admissions area is only for welcome posts to announce the arrival of a new inmate resident, and we encourage you to leave here and head out into the great big wide world of Tweb as soon as you feel comfortable in your new username.

Be sure to reply to your welcome thread, or introduce yourself if our welcome committee is out to lunch or painting their living room.
See more
See less

Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello!

Hi! :)

My name is Isaac, I'm new here. I've been reading a few threads over the last few days and decided to 'check in' :D. This looks like a great place to learn and share all kinds of things related to faith with you all so I liked it very much :-)

Ok, about myself: spiritually speaking, I'm a Christian and the son of a pastor, raised in an Evangelical, Pentecostal-style Church (added the '-style' because we're not too focused on a 'denomination' issue). Over the last few years I've tried to learn and study more on the Bible, faith, etc. and haven't really stopped (thank God!), which is in part how I got here.

Naturally speaking, I'm an Industrial Engineering student, with an interest in management and economics -- and a liking for comparing management theories with the organic 'Body model' used to describe the Church in the NT :P. As for age, I'm 23.

So, hello to you all!!

PS: English isn't my first language, so maybe you'll find some weirdness in my writing at some point. Corrections would be greatly appreciated!
    We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'
    - 2 Corinthians 5:20.
    In deviantArt: ll-bisto-ll.deviantart.com
    Christian art and more: Christians.deviantart.com

Welcome to TWeb.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Welcome, Isaac!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Welcome to Tweb

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Howdy, Isaac.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Hi, Isaac. It's nice to have you here.
            ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Hi Isaac! Welcome aboard!!
              3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Hello Isaac! Welcome to TWeb!
                That's what
                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Welcome to Hotel California Tweb.

Comment

Welcome!
                    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Welcome to Hotel California Tweb.
                      smiley shhh.gif Wait until the doors close behind him smiley rub hands.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thank you all for your welcome!! :)

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]13726[/ATTACH] Wait until the doors close behind him [ATTACH=CONFIG]13727[/ATTACH]
                        ...where was the door again?
                        We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore on Christ's behalf: 'Be reconciled to God!!'

Comment

Hello again.

I joined months ago and stopped posting a while after, to focus on college. I've still come and read every once in a while, and now that the rhythm in college has lowered again, I thought about logging back in. So, hi

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X