Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 03/02/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 03/02/2016

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing
    Waiting in faith…

In today’s Creighton University’s Daily Lent Prayer Steve Scholer writes, “Living our faith is so much more difficult than simply professing it; but, the personal rewards are so much greater for us; and, the positive impact it has on those we interact with speaks volumes about the importance of our faith and our relationship with God.” When I first read living our faith is difficult (something I’ve already had some experience with) I said to myself, “Boy! Ain’t that the truth?” However, the more I thought about it I discovered waiting in faith is another story.

While the difference between living our faith and waiting in faith may be ever so slight nevertheless it is worth pointing out. Living our faith means moving through life based on our belief in our relationship with God and His relationship with us. Waiting in faith means allowing the “storms” that rage around us to bolster our faith. Waiting in faith is how our faith is strengthen and deepened. Perhaps the following story will shed some light on what I am trying to say. “When Jesus woke up, he rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Silence! Be still!” Suddenly the wind stopped, and there was a great calm. Then he asked them, “Why are you afraid? Do you still have no faith?” The disciples were absolutely terrified. “Who is this man?” they asked each other. “Even the wind and waves obey him!”” (Mark 4:39–41, NLT)

The bible does not say how long the disciples struggled against the storm however there were seasoned fishermen accustomed to rough seas so they probably did not awake Jesus at first, but when their efforts proved futile they didn’t hesitate to call on Jesus. Jesus’ question, “Do you still have no faith?” seems to indicate the disciples had no faith, nevertheless they must have had some faith because they turned to Jesus when their efforts failed. However, what do you supposed happened to their faith level when suddenly the storm subsided at Jesus’ command?

14 men living out their faith set sail on calm waters later 13 of them found themselves waiting in faith as the danger of sinking intensified then calling on the 14th man they discovered faith at a deeper level then otherwise would not have been possible. You’ll notice I added one more person to the story, there were 12 disciples, 1 Savior, and YOU! On a personal note, out of this story the Holy Spirit has also taught me not to panic when storms do arise because even if Jesus is silent I still all under his protection.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”

Amen Gary!!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X