Announcement

Collapse

Pro-Life Activism 301 Guidelines

This area is for pro-life activists to discuss issues related to abortion. It is NOT a debate area, and it is not OK for pro-choice activists to post here.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Pro-Life Feminists Make the Front Page of the NYT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro-Life Feminists Make the Front Page of the NYT

This gave me a chuckle.

On March 3rd, members of the pro-life feminist group New Wave Feminists were featured on the front page of the New York Times, much to the chagrin of pro-choice activists:

"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

Weighted Glory | Christians for Biblical Equality | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable

The pro-abortion crowd was beside itself complaining that they had a bigger turn out so they should have gotten the front page coverage sort of forgetting how the media, including the Times, tends to completely ignore events like the annual March for Life rallies where the pro-life activists vastly outnumber the pro-abortion supporters

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Wah!!! poor pro choicers

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        The pro-abortion crowd was beside itself complaining that they had a bigger turn out so they should have gotten the front page coverage sort of forgetting how the media, including the Times, tends to completely ignore events like the annual March for Life rallies where the pro-life activists vastly outnumber the pro-abortion supporters
        I agree. I think that they also forget that the media gets more clicks / readers / interest if it generates controversy. The phrase "pro-life feminist" generates controversy in ways that "pro-life supporter" and "pro-choice supporter" never will. It's kind of the pro-choice movement's own fault on account of their endless need to argue that you can't be pro-life and feminist (Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Alice Paul called, they want their movement back).
        "It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

Weighted Glory | Christians for Biblical Equality | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable

Comment

Aren't there stories of men forcing the women in their lives to get abortions? And abortion kills males and females.
          If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Well, apart from that, a bunch of feminists shouting pro-abortion slogans isn't "news". I mean... "McDonald's sold hamburgers yesterday!"
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X