Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 03/07/2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 03/07/2016

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2016: Year of the Blessing
    Journeying the 14 Stations of the Cross…

I’d like you to go on a journey with me, a journey using our imagination, a journey dating back to the 1500’s a journey of The 14 Stations of the Cross that has been a mainstay of the Catholic Church spiritual exercise during the Easter Season. While we may not be members of the Catholic Church Jesus has journeyed with us all of our entire life and I think it’s appropriate for us to join him on an imaginary journey from his trial to the tomb. We will be using Creighton Universities webpage titled “The Stations of the Cross” (click for the webpage) as our guide.

In case you’re wondering, what can come from doing The 14 Stations of Cross Journey, Creighton University provides the answer. “The most important reason for reviving the practice of making the Stations of the Cross is that it is a powerful way to contemplate, and enter into, the mystery of Jesus' gift of himself to us. It takes the reflection on the passion out of my head, and makes it an imaginative exercise. It involves my senses, my experience and my emotions. To the extent I come to experience the love of Jesus for me, to that extent the gratitude I feel will be deep. Deep gratitude leads to real generosity and a desire to love as I have been loved.”**

To be honest this is a first for me. I’ve heard of the Stations of the Cross but have never really been serious about digging deeper into them or even writing about them. But out of my hunger and thirst for a deeper relationship with Jesus I think it’s time for me to walk with him (as best I can) through the darkest days of his short life on earth. Even though on the surface they appear to be dark days they are actually days of Light, Light we can use to both light and enlighten our days.

Holy Spirit, we are embarking on a journey, not a perilous journey filled with danger at every turn but a journey to the dark side of humanity one where we might even run into ourselves. It is a journey of sacrifice and forgiveness, a forever journey of death and life. A journey we need to make. Strengthen and accompany us every step of the way. Bless us with insight, a deeper relationship with Jesus and a deeper appreciation for God. Amen!

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you would like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

If you would like inspirational music playing as you read this Glory Seed may I suggest clicking on this link: http://www.abidingradio.org/listen/

Scripture quotations marked ESV "Are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved."

**http://onlineministries.creighton.ed.../stations.html. Used with permission.

Amen Gary!!!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X