Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Failures of the WOF doctrine and an Honorable Mention from Darwin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failures of the WOF doctrine and an Honorable Mention from Darwin.

So what happens when you try to recreate the Angel closing the Lion's mouth and sprint toward a pride of lions intentionally?

Well apparently God doesn't like the misuse of the Bible either and this so called "prophet" should end up with an Honorable mention Darwin award which is roughly
    The stupidity displayed by the participants
    in the following tales stops short of the ultimate
    sacrifice, but we salute their spirit and innovation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ocial-facebook

The above article shows what can happen when one misreads the Bible in a physical way. One can only begin to imagine what kinds of spiritual wounds are created by this level of misinterpretation.
    A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
    George Bernard Shaw

It seems that this "Christian prophet" never bothered to read the Bible
    "You shall not put the LORD your God to the test, as you tested him at Massah. --Deuteronomy 6:16

Jesus said to him, "Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’" --Matthew 4:7

And Jesus answered him, "It is said, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’" --Luke 4:12

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      "You shall not put the LORD your God to the test, as you tested him at Massah. --Deuteronomy 6:16

Jesus said to him, "Again it is written, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’" --Matthew 4:7

And Jesus answered him, "It is said, ‘You shall not put the Lord your God to the test.’" --Luke 4:12
      Meaning that if you jump off a building because you think God will send an angel to rescue you, you will go splat on the concrete.
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Irony....one sermon we were actually taught at youth group and man did I think it was weird..."God loves it when you challenge him..." uh ur no...
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Speaking of a pride of lions...

A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit. (Proverbs 29:23)
          When I Survey....

Comment

The damages that the WOF misinterpretations do to people are absolutely enormous. In this particular gentlemen's case he'll only have some scar tissue to worry about, however for many others who are simply told to "pray harder" or "believe more" And God will answer them, it leaves a relationship with God that is for lack of a better word built on sand.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'm surprised the guy didn't become lion chow. I hope the idiot doesn't take this to mean he should attempt his little stunt again. Then, he may end up meeting his Maker.

Comment

He said: 'I don't know what came over me. Were we not given dominion over all creatures of the earth?'
                If it was not demonic, it was certainly a work of the flesh - NOT the Holy Spirit.
                . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
                  If it was not demonic, it was certainly a work of the flesh - NOT the Holy Spirit.
                  It was the natural following of unorthodox belief in Scripture. In my opinion this is what happens when we deviate too far from long held meanings and interpretations cherished by the early Fathers and passed down. I found an essay by Gary E. Gilley that well outlines the weaknesses of the WOF movement and its false teachings. The predominant idea is speak it into existence and God will do it for you.
                  http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/...r/more/w-f.htm
                  George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                    It was the natural following of unorthodox belief in Scripture. In my opinion this is what happens when we deviate too far from long held meanings and interpretations cherished by the early Fathers and passed down. I found an essay by Gary E. Gilley that well outlines the weaknesses of the WOF movement and its false teachings. The predominant idea is speak it into existence and God will do it for you.
                    http://www.rapidnet.com/~jbeard/bdm/...r/more/w-f.htm
                    God is not a genie. Or a gumball machine.

Comment

apparently the story is a hoax and appears every so often over the last several years.

Comment

LOL...I just did a check on MailOnLine. It's owned by a UK paper (Daily Mail), and according to the not so august Wikipedia, has been guilty of posting false or misleading articles...
                        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X