Announcement

Collapse

Unorthodox Theology 201 Guidelines

Theists only.

This forum area is primarily for persons who would identify themselves as Christians whether or not their theology is recognized within the mainstream or as orthodox though other theists may participate with moderator permission. Therefore those that would be restricted from posting in Christianity 201 due to a disagreement with the enumerated doctrines, ie the Trinity, the Creatorship of God, the virgin birth, the bodily resurrection of Christ, the atonement, the future bodily return of Christ, the future bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, and the final judgment may freely post here on any theological subject matter. In this case "unorthodox" is used in the strict sense of a person who denies what has been declared as universal essentials of the historic Christian faith. Examples would be adherents to Oneness, Full Preterists, Unitarian Universalist Christians, Gnostics, Liberal Christianity, Christian Science to name a few.

The second purpose will be for threads on subjects, which although the thread starter has no issue with the above doctrines, the subject matter is so very outside the bounds of normative Christian doctrine totally within the leadership's discretion that it is placed here. In so doing, no judgment or offense is intended to be placed on the belief of said person in the above-doctrines. In this case "unorthodox" is used in a much looser sense of "outside the norms" - Examples of such threads would be pro-polygamy, pro-drug use, proponents of gay Christian churches, proponents of abortion.

The third purpose is for persons who wish to have input from any and all who would claim the title of Christian even on subjects that would be considered "orthodox."

The philosophy behind this area was to recognize that there are persons who would identify themselves as Christian and thus seem out of place in the Comparative Religions Forum, but yet in keeping with our committment here to certain basic core Christian doctrines. Also, it allows threads to be started by those who would want to still be identified as Christian with a particular belief that while not denying an essential is of such a nature that the discussion on that issue belongs in this section or for threads by persons who wish such a non-restricted discussion.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The claim Christians don't believe . . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The claim Christians don't believe . . . .

Originally posted by jo1952 View Post
    One of the main things Christians don't believe about Christ is what He taught BEFORE Gethsemane and before His crucifixion:
    John 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

. . .
    Your claim against Christians is not true.
    What Christ finished [τελειόω] prior to the cross is not what He finished [τετέλεσται], paid in full, on the cross.
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Hey umm Jo you once told me the religious branch you were involved in, is it still the one related mormonism that was founded by one of Smith's relatives' Just curious. PM me if you like and I'm glad to see you.
      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
        Your claim against Christians is not true.
        What Christ finished [τελειόω] prior to the cross is not what He finished [τετέλεσται], paid in full, on the cross.

John 17:

5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name, the name you gave me, so that they may be one as we are one.

13 “I am coming to you now, but I say these things while I am still in the world, so that they may have the full measure of my joy within them.

17 Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. 18 As you sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world. 19 For them I sanctify myself, that they too may be truly sanctified.

Jesus watched over his own, "Jesus Greater Than Moses" Hebrews 3:

1Therefore, holy brothers and sisters, who share in the heavenly calling, fix your thoughts on Jesus, whom we acknowledge as our apostle and high priest. 2He was faithful to the one who appointed him, just as Moses was faithful in all God’s house. 3Jesus has been found worthy of greater honor than Moses, just as the builder of a house has greater honor than the house itself. 4For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. 5“Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house,”a bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future. 6But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory.

Comment

Reply:

From Jo's thread = The Decline ...
          Originally posted by jo1952 View Post
          One of the main things Christians don't believe about Christ is what He taught BEFORE Gethsemane and before His crucifixion:

Instead, Christianity teaches that Christ's work was finished on the cross. Christianity also teaches that Christ died for our sins. He died BECAUSE of them; IOW, because of the iniquities of the people, they killed Him. Isaiah prophesied about this:

Strong's dictionary explains that the use of the word "for" in the phrase "for our transgressions" (as well as the phrase "for our iniquities"--which is the belief that we are better, or chosen....in someway above others) is translated as such:

This translation assists us in being able to see and accept what Christ taught when He said that He had finished the Father's work BEFORE Gethsemane and the cross. The teaching that Christ's work was finished on the cross is a false teaching taught by false prophets; that teaching teaches a false Christ. His work had already been finished; and, He died because of our transgressions. His death does not have the ability to save us from our transgressions; He died because of them. He DID teach a way to live in peace. He did not bring peace, as is evidenced by how we don't live the way He taught. The world is certainly NOT living in peace. While He did not enforce the way He taught, He WILL set up a government which will establish peace when He returns.

Obviously, there hasn't even been a start to the peace that shall have no end. If anything, there has been even more hate generated through the religion created which uses His name. More often than not, those who claim His name attack those who question the doctrines and religious trappings of their "Christianity" (thus they use His name in vain). This is just another manifestation of how they don't believe Christ. He taught us methods of peace in dealing with others. The "religious" LOVE to put others down and make fun of the belief systems of those who don't agree with their own system. They have killed over it.

Christ is giving us plenty of time for us to "repent" of the way we were living before He entered mortality the first time. The religious do plenty of "repenting"....they repent of their "sins" according to the "laws" which religions define as "sin". However, neither the religious nor the non-religious have "repented" of living their way of non-peace; which is why His message has not given us the power to create peace. He will set-up the same government which is the one that has been used worlds without end. It will finally be able to establish peace because we will be able to trust Him....He will be a truly righteous and fair Governor/administrator. Hence, every knee shall bow. We shall bow in recognition of His wisdom and worthiness of our trust. He will reign as Lord of lords, King of kings, the Prince of Peace!! That just hasn't started yet. We have first been given the chance to save ourselves from the mess we have made on earth. What He is going to save us from is our iniquities which cause us to not be able to live the method He taught.

The Lord taught this about His church through His True Messenger, Joseph (but again, they don't believe Him as evidenced by everything that got added because they desired it):

Here is the Lord's take on religion:

If the Jews had understood this teaching, they would have given up their religion; but they loved their religion too much and were blind to what the Lord was teaching them through His True Messenger.

Before you comment about how some may think that that message from the Lord was ONLY to the people of Sodom and/or Gomorrah, read here (it was not what most people think...i.e., it was not about sexual sin):

(Keep in mind what pure religion is....and that it is not what religion teaches is religion.)

It is because of the traditions of our fathers taught to us about Christ that people will not be able to see and hear what Christ taught about Himself. They will choose to see through the eyes of their religious beliefs; thus will only be able to see what they want to see. They are repeating what the Jews did through their religion. While Christ did not forbid the Jews to continue practicing their religion (because that would have interfered with their free will desire to live their religion), He DID teach those words which Father wanted Him to teach....and those words taught a way to live in peace. Even after more than 2000 years, we have not been able to live that way.
          I like everything this lady declares here.

Cheers to thee.

Comment

Originally posted by James Cusick View Post

Cheers to thee.
            Jo was mentally unstable in real life. Like seriously unstable. And she was a Mormon/Gnostic.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Reply:

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
              Jo was mentally unstable in real life. Like seriously unstable. And she was a Mormon/Gnostic.
              I find it troubling that you would cut down a person like this, and obviously you expect me to embrace that prejudice.

Being mentally unstable (if it is true?) does not mean the person has to be viewed as wrong or unknowing.

A mentally ill person can still be accurate just as they can be brilliant or very intelligent.

Have you not seen the true-life movie called = A Beautiful Mind? Link HERE.

And I said that I liked what Jo said - so do you really expect that I would change my comment or my view based on your slander of that person?

Do you not know the horrible wrong of this? = Attacking the messenger, or shooting the messenger.

And by being Mormon/Gnostic she must be wrong too = well that is not correct in my view.

Comment

Was she the one who married FrankTalk?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Was she the one who married FrankTalk?
                  Yes.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I find it troubling that you would cut down a person like this, and obviously you expect me to embrace that prejudice.
                    No, stupid. I know more about this woman than you do from a single post.

Being mentally unstable (if it is true?) does not mean the person has to be viewed as wrong or unknowing.
                    Again, you know her from 1 single post. I know her real life circumstances. So please just shut up.

And by being Mormon/Gnostic she must be wrong too = well that is not correct in my view.
                    Well your views are stupid, so...
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Reply:

No, stupid. I know more about this woman than you do from a single post.

Again, you know her from 1 single post. I know her real life circumstances. So please just shut up.

Well your views are stupid, so...
                      So you think that gives you some license to talk dirt about this woman? or about any other person? ~ No, it does not.

And I guess that calling me as "stupid" is to be a display of how classy you are? ~ Well no, it is not.

And yet you are a Moderator here - giving us your example of Christian values.

Comment

Cheers to thee.
                        I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.
                        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So you think that gives you some license to talk dirt about this woman? or about any other person? ~ No, it does not.

And I guess that calling me as "stupid" is to be a display of how classy you are? ~ Well no, it is not.

And yet you are a Moderator here - giving us your example of Christian values.
                          Her views were all over the place.
                          She started off being a very determined Mormon apologist, with whom many of us interacted frequently.
                          She hooked up with a man who was very anti-universalist, and wrote frequently about how universalism cannot be scriptural.
                          He pretended to be a Mormon to win her over, then dragged her into universalism, and led her to attack the church she once defended.
                          He was a low life scumsucking fraud who scammed her and abused her and took her for all she had.

This is a very personal matter to many of us who saw her as a friend.

Comment

Reply:

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Her views were all over the place.
                            She started off being a very determined Mormon apologist, with whom many of us interacted frequently.
                            She hooked up with a man who was very anti-universalist, and wrote frequently about how universalism cannot be scriptural.
                            He pretended to be a Mormon to win her over, then dragged her into universalism, and led her to attack the church she once defended.
                            He was a low life scumsucking fraud who scammed her and abused her and took her for all she had.

This is a very personal matter to many of us who saw her as a friend.
                            Many women get hooked up with nasty men ~ nasty is often like a magnet to both the men and to the women.

The comment that I quote from her marked as March 11, 2016 is brilliant and enlightened. See it HERE.

Honestly I do not view it as fitting to talk dirt about that man either, as their relationship is not the topic for any discussion here.

And you are criticizing that man based on his religion = and that too is reprehensible.

Comment

Many women get hooked up with nasty men ~ nasty is often like a magnet to both the men and to the women.

The comment that I quote from her marked as March 11, 2016 is brilliant and enlightened. See it HERE.

Honestly I do not view it as fitting to talk dirt about that man either, as their relationship is not the topic for any discussion here.

And you are criticizing that man based on his religion = and that too is reprehensible.
                              You really are quite full of yourself.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X