Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Life after the eclipse (sign of Jonah)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life after the eclipse (sign of Jonah)

After the total eclipse on August 21, we've had Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma and imminent world war. All of this preceding the "sign in the heavens" on September 23 (Revelation 12). Anyone suspicious that we may be living in strange times?

Nope. We had a bunch of hurricanes about 12 years ago also. Remember Katrina? And North Korea has been a pain for decades
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

We also had 2 nuclear wars and a zombie apocalypse last year. Before the Mandela effect that is.

Comment

We had TWO World Wars in the 20th century. And nukes were used to end one of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Darfius View Post
          After the total eclipse on August 21, we've had Hurricane Harvey, Hurricane Irma and imminent world war. All of this preceding the "sign in the heavens" on September 23 (Revelation 12). Anyone suspicious that we may be living in strange times?
          We always are living in strange times. Would be nice for the end to immanentize and end human suffering.
          "Down in the lowlands, where the water is deep,
          Hear my cry, hear my shout,
          Save me, save me"

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
            We had TWO World Wars in the 20th century. And nukes were used to end one of them!
            That is in the NEW reality we are in. In the OLD reality we had 4 world wars, two of them nuclear, which created the zombie apocalypse. Luckily the mandella effect kicked in and turned the past into just some sci-fi movies in this reality. Whew that was close!

Comment

Darfius' posts are evidence that we live with strange people...
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The old reality had superheroes and starships. Instead of the possiblity of FEMA going rogue(yeah right!), we had superheroes going evil!

At least we don't have to worry about that happening!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  We also had 2 nuclear wars and a zombie apocalypse last year. Before the Mandela effect that is.
                  The 2016 Election was a zombie apocalypse ? It ​was rather a horror film...

Comment

Or a comedy. Every candidate was a clown!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      Or a comedy. Every candidate was a clown!
                      Yeah it was the buy 10 get one free special in the Republican end and 4 candidates representing the views of the left from the extreme to the more middle. urgh 2016 was a clown car alright.
                      And while we thought 2015 was the year everyone was offended by everything, 2016 was the year people rioted over everything they were offended by, which is everything. Now we have 2017 which appears to be the year of pot protests and sex drugs and rock and roll with protests, riots and more protests Hey look its the 60's and 70's all over again, and in the mean time, people remain offended by everything which is why they protest everything.
                      A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                      George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                        Yeah it was the buy 10 get one free special in the Republican end and 4 candidates representing the views of the left from the extreme to the more middle. urgh 2016 was a clown car alright.
                        And while we thought 2015 was the year everyone was offended by everything, 2016 was the year people rioted over everything they were offended by, which is everything. Now we have 2017 which appears to be the year of pot protests and sex drugs and rock and roll with protests, riots and more protests Hey look its the 60's and 70's all over again, and in the mean time, people remain offended by everything which is why they protest everything.
                        I liked the old universe where you were a republican and voted for Trump. Twice.

Comment

What about the universe where I get to be a super heroine?

Comment

Originally posted by Darfius View Post
                            No, I'm blissfully unaware of anything strange going on. I've got my head buried in the sand. I don't want it to be the end times, so it's not.

I figured I'd just post what you think about me, to spare you the effort of translating in your head. You're welcome.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

What is this "sign in the heavens" on September 23, Darfius and will you admit you are wrong when it doesn't happen?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X