Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hurricane Florence is all Trump's Fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Live webcam of the hurricane from Frying Pan tower.
    That looks and sounds pretty wicked! And what idiot left the flag up!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      And what idiot left the flag up!
      I'm reasonably certain it's Trump's fault.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Oops, I forgot...
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          Couldn't we say the same thing of our prayers? God answers some, but not others?
          God’s modus operandi is testing by adversity. ‘Answered’ prayers are the same as ‘luck’.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
            God’s modus operandi is testing by adversity. ‘Answered’ prayers are the same as ‘luck’.
            Weak. You can troll better than that.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I am not and that was not the point of the article, but tRump's taking millions from FEMA to ICE may be an issue if FEMA lacks the funds.
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                I am not and that was not the point of the article, but tRump's taking millions from FEMA to ICE may be an issue if FEMA lacks the funds.
                According to FEMA, it's not an issue.

FEMA says funding transferred to ICE for detention centers won't harm hurricane response

Washington (CNN)Officials from the Federal Emergency Management Agency insisted Wednesday that the transfer of nearly $10 million of its budget to US Immigration and Customs Enforcement will not affect the agency's hurricane response and other disaster relief efforts.
                "We have plenty of resources, both monetary, staff and commodities, to respond to the storm," Jeff Byard, FEMA's associate administrator for the Office and Response and Recovery, told reporters during a morning briefing as Hurricane Florence barreled toward the Carolina coast. "We have plenty of resources to respond, plenty of resources to recover. That has not impacted our situation whatsoever."

Next? Perhaps learn how to spell Trump's name correctly?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

He's like those Apple trolls who think they're being exceptionally clever when they write "Micro$oft Windoze".

Comment

He's like those Apple trolls who think they're being exceptionally clever when they write "Micro$oft Windoze".
                    Yeah, but with each post, he's showing what a juvenile he is, so...
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      I was hoping for an actual cite, not the name of your girlfriend.
                      Actual citation for this?
                      https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/imm...ention-n909016

Jaddou said the document suggests the Trump administration would rather separate families "and detain and deport parents [than] prepare for hurricanes."

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      A) We're in the digital age, star, distance isn't a factor
                      If Starlight and firstfloor were the same person we would have called ourselves Starfloor and firstlight.
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        The first part seems rather accurate about Microsoft.

Sadly it's true of most large companies to a sickening degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                          If Starlight and firstfloor were the same person we would have called ourselves Starfloor and firstlight.
                          Maybe you are each other's evil twin?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                            The first part seems rather accurate about Microsoft.

Sadly it's true of most large companies to a sickening degree.
                            The irony, of course, is that Apple is the richest company in the world largely because they exploit cheap Chinese labor and charge obscene prices for their products.

Comment

• Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                              Weak. You can troll better than that.
                              Is this passion for adversity and the meaning derived from it, not the heart and soul of Christianity?

https://iblp.org/questions/what-are-...ersity-my-life

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                                Is this passion for adversity and the meaning derived from it, not the heart and soul of Christianity?

https://iblp.org/questions/what-are-...ersity-my-life
                                I think you're confusing "allowing adversity" (which is in the title of your cite) with your perversion of it as a "passion" for it.

Google something else, and let's try that.

Comment