Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Facebook censors at it again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook censors at it again

The following picture is deemed offensive by Facebook:

Yup. Santa Claus kneeling before the Jesus in the manger was declared to be "violent or graphic content"[1] being blurred by the hypersenitive Mrs. Grundys at the social media giant and blurred so as to keep folks like them from hyperventilating by being exposed such a "disturbing" image.

You had to be at 18 years old in order to be allowed to see it.

1. Facebook's policy:

We remove content that glorifies violence or celebrates the suffering or humiliation of others because it may create an environment that discourages participation. We allow graphic content (with some limitations) to help people raise awareness about issues. We know that people value the ability to discuss important issues like human rights abuses or acts of terrorism. We also know that people have different sensitivities with regard to graphic and violent content. For that reason, we add a warning label to especially graphic or violent content so that it is not available to people under the age of eighteen and so that people are aware of the graphic or violent nature before they click to see it.

According to Facebook's Community Standards:

Our mission is all about embracing diverse views. We err on the side of allowing content, even when some find it objectionable, unless removing that content can prevent a specific harm.

Apparently a picture of Santa kneeling beside a manger containing Jesus was just too far over the line to allow.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Which part of it is offensive, I wonder?

Santa? Or Jesus.

I suspect it is the image of the god of the world's winter celebration paying homage to the God of the world.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Why are we still on Facebook again? They do this crap all the time.
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
        Because sometimes it's the only way for me to get info about family members!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Because sometimes it's the only way for me to get info about family members!

I wish we could get more people using MeWe. They don't track you, no ads, no censures of your religion/faith....I have an account but only one other person I know does as well...see if you can persuade friends and family to switch...I've been unsuccessful so far.
            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I wish we could get more people using MeWe. They don't track you, no ads, no censures of your religion/faith....I have an account but only one other person I know does as well...see if you can persuade friends and family to switch...I've been unsuccessful so far.
              I've never heard of that.

Don't suppose we could advertise it on Facebook?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                I've never heard of that.

Don't suppose we could advertise it on Facebook?

I have but it might be getting censured...

Comment

I just posted it on my facebook page. Doesn't look blurred to me. Anyone want to check?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                    I just posted it on my facebook page. Doesn't look blurred to me. Anyone want to check?
                    Give 'em time to notice it

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      Give 'em time to notice it
                      Sounds to me like maybe they use an AI to scan photos and something in the picture set it off by accident. I can't see any reason why it would be censored. Nothing violent or graphic in it. And Facebook allows pictures of Jesus and Santa and babies all the time.

Comment

I'd rather see a picture of Santa kneeling at the foot of the cross, frankly. Never have much liked Santa at the manger.

Just my personal opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                          Sounds to me like maybe they use an AI to scan photos and something in the picture set it off by accident. I can't see any reason why it would be censored. Nothing violent or graphic in it. And Facebook allows pictures of Jesus and Santa and babies all the time.
                          Just Googled "Santa Jesus Facebook" and clicked news and it looks like Facebook has reversed their decision in response to the outcry: Facebook unblocks image of Santa kneeling before Baby Jesus after LifeSite report goes viral.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Just Googled "Santa Jesus Facebook" and clicked news and it looks like Facebook has reversed their decision in response to the outcry: Facebook unblocks image of Santa kneeling before Baby Jesus after LifeSite report goes viral.
                            Why do the little commies have to wait for public outcry!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What a liar...

"At Apple, we’re not afraid to say our values drive our curation decisions. And why should we be? We only have one message for those who seek to push hate, division, and violence: You have no place on our platforms, You have no home here. I believe the most sacred thing each of us is given is our judgement, our morality, our own innate desire to separate right from wrong. Choosing to set that responsibility aside at a moment of trial is a sin.” Tim Cook

http://thefederalist.com/2018/12/04/...ech-platforms/
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment