Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Victory for Female Athletes Everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
    *looks it up*

Granted, yes, Lance Armstrong was indeed doping.

I can't remember who I was thinking of now. But there was someone who by natural chance just had an extraordinarily high level of testosterone in his blood.

I think that was Lance Armstrong 1.0. Until one of his competitors and a sports medicine guys ratted him out, and we got Lance Armstrong 2.0.

In an interview with Oprah Winfrey on January 13, 2013 (broadcast later in two parts), Armstrong admitted to using performance-enhancing drugs throughout much of his career, including all seven Tour wins. During the interview, he stated that his "mythic, perfect story" was "one big lie", and attributed his denials to being "a guy who expected to get whatever he wanted, and to control every outcome." The AP and other media reported that Armstrong had made an apology to the Livestrong staff before his interview with Winfrey. He said that while doping, he neither felt that it was wrong nor felt bad about what he was doing. He also insisted he was clean during the two comeback years of 2009 and 2010, after UCI had implemented its biological passport program that included stricter whereabouts rules and the monitoring of blood profiles.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      And how many of them are there in the world. And how many of them want to play sports? Come on. You don't have to make exceptions for a segment of the population so small as to be non-existent. If someone doesn't fit the criteria they can't play in a specific league. What about fat people? I was never able to play in sports because I was too fat growing up. Did they make an exception for me? Nope. I just didn't qualify. And there are a lot more fat people in the world than intersex or transgender.
      When did I say anything about "exceptions"? It's not a matter of "exceptions" because the question is what they count as for the purpose of sports. Is the number of true intersex (by which I mean people for which it's a legitimate question how they count, not someone who's clearly primarily male or female with some characteristics of the other) low? Yes, but they still exist, and if you just want to say "it should be your birth sex" you end up with the question of those whose birth sex isn't clear, so what is the standard for which to judge them? On a case by case basis?

Comment

Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
        When did I say anything about "exceptions"? It's not a matter of "exceptions" because the question is what they count as for the purpose of sports. Is the number of true intersex (by which I mean people for which it's a legitimate question how they count, not someone who's clearly primarily male or female with some characteristics of the other) low? Yes, but they still exist, and if you just want to say "it should be your birth sex" you end up with the question of those whose birth sex isn't clear, so what is the standard for which to judge them? On a case by case basis?
        If you are trying to fit in "intersex" into sports, then you are indeed asking for an exception. There is no need for sports to accommodate every variation of human being. If there are enough of a group, then they can band together and start their own sports league. Like "special olympics" is for physically and mentally disabled people. "Women's leagues" is for women. If there are enough intersex people, they can start their own league. If not, then tough cookies. Like I said, they don't accommodate fat people in normal sports leagues. Or physically disabled, etc. If they want to play sports, they need to start their own league, or just not play sports. Not everyone is OWED accommodation in every area of life.

Comment

just sad...

Hurdler born male but competing as female easily takes NCAA women's national championship

A college hurdler who was born male but has been competing as a female just became an NCAA women's national champion.

CeCe Telfer of Franklin Pierce University won the 400-meter hurdles Saturday night by more than a second with a personal collegiate-best time of 57.53 seconds and also was named to the All-America First Team in the 100-meter hurdles.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/hurdle...l-championship
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Man Identifying As 6-Year-Old Crushes Game-Winning Homer In Tee-Ball Championship

AUBURN, CA—Local 36-year-old man Nate Ripley, who identifies as a six-year-old, “absolutely crushed” a game-winning homer at a local tee-ball game and won the championship for his team Monday evening, reports confirmed.

Ripley reportedly walked up to the plate in the bottom of the 6th, pointed his bat toward the left-field wall looming 130 feet in the distance, and let her rip, sending the ball rocketing over the fence and into a parking lot as the fans cheered and his coach yelled out, “Attaboy, Nate! Good job, bud!”

His team, the Lil’ Padres, attempted to hoist him up on their shoulders in celebration of their great victory over the favored Tiny Tigers, but were unable to pick up the large 230-pound man.

Ripley’s feat comes at the end of a momentous tee-ball season, in which the self-identified six-year-old absolutely shattered every record set prior to that point. With a 1.000 batting average, 52 home runs, and an incredible showing at first base, second base, shortstop, third base, and pitcher, the man is being called an inspiration to other six-year-olds everywhere.

“I’m just proud to be here with my team. It’s all for the love of the game,” an emotional Ripley told reporters while enjoying an orange slice and juice box after the championship. “I couldn’t have done it without my team.”

Comment

Man Identifying As 6-Year-Old Crushes Game-Winning Homer In Tee-Ball Championship

AUBURN, CA—Local 36-year-old man Nate Ripley, who identifies as a six-year-old, “absolutely crushed” a game-winning homer at a local tee-ball game and won the championship for his team Monday evening, reports confirmed.

Ripley reportedly walked up to the plate in the bottom of the 6th, pointed his bat toward the left-field wall looming 130 feet in the distance, and let her rip, sending the ball rocketing over the fence and into a parking lot as the fans cheered and his coach yelled out, “Attaboy, Nate! Good job, bud!”

His team, the Lil’ Padres, attempted to hoist him up on their shoulders in celebration of their great victory over the favored Tiny Tigers, but were unable to pick up the large 230-pound man.

Ripley’s feat comes at the end of a momentous tee-ball season, in which the self-identified six-year-old absolutely shattered every record set prior to that point. With a 1.000 batting average, 52 home runs, and an incredible showing at first base, second base, shortstop, third base, and pitcher, the man is being called an inspiration to other six-year-olds everywhere.

“I’m just proud to be here with my team. It’s all for the love of the game,” an emotional Ripley told reporters while enjoying an orange slice and juice box after the championship. “I couldn’t have done it without my team.”
              Once again, the Babylon Bee FTW

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If you are trying to fit in "intersex" into sports, then you are indeed asking for an exception. There is no need for sports to accommodate every variation of human being. If there are enough of a group, then they can band together and start their own sports league. Like "special olympics" is for physically and mentally disabled people. "Women's leagues" is for women. If there are enough intersex people, they can start their own league. If not, then tough cookies. Like I said, they don't accommodate fat people in normal sports leagues. Or physically disabled, etc. If they want to play sports, they need to start their own league, or just not play sports. Not everyone is OWED accommodation in every area of life.
                Almost all people are, in fact, either male of female, and thus they should play in the appropriate league. To this day, there is nothing that can actually change what you are in that regard. It's all superficial.

As for the .001% (hyperbolic number, not an actual value) that have both genetalia or some sort of mixed DNA - as you say, they can form their own league because from a sports perspective, they are 'neither'.

Jim
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                  just sad...

Hurdler born male but competing as female easily takes NCAA women's national championship

A college hurdler who was born male but has been competing as a female just became an NCAA women's national champion.

CeCe Telfer of Franklin Pierce University won the 400-meter hurdles Saturday night by more than a second with a personal collegiate-best time of 57.53 seconds and also was named to the All-America First Team in the 100-meter hurdles.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/hurdle...l-championship
                  This whole thing is so stupid ... It's like the little babies seized control. I wonder if and when the adults with some sort of grip on reality will reassert themselves.

Normally when a child wants to pretend they are something they are not, one can count on reality to show itself eventually. But when the powers that be demand all around them pretend along with them or go to jail, we've left freedom behind and walked full press into Arkham.

Jim
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-11-2019, 03:16 PM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Progressive Mom Proudly Declares Son To Be Transgender After He Walks Through Barbie Aisle

PORTLAND, OR—Young mother Olivia McKinley declared her three-year-old son Kale to be transgendered after he took a brief walk through the Barbie aisle while in the toy section at Target on Monday. She could be heard shrieking, "My son is trans! I accept you, my beautiful, brave trans girl. I do not judge you! I love you just the way you are!" Her mouth was just inches from the boy's face as she embraced him tightly, though he tried to squirm free.

A man who had overheard the screams walked by and asked, "Is everything OK?"

McKinley shoved the man back and shouted, "Back off! Don't you dare judge my brave trans daughter! How dare-h-H-HOW dare you!" The man left the store shocked and confused.

When McKinley returned to her son he had walked over to the Avengers toys and had taken down a Captain America figure. "NOOO! NO! They got to you! Don't let them in! Don't let their binary poison break your little mind! Be yourself, Kale, be yourself!!" Kale began to cry as the agitated mother ripped the action figure from his hands and replaced it with astronaut Barbie. "Imagine if you became a woman... you could become the first woman on Mars! Or an MMA fighter! Or the first man to get an abortion!"

When last seen, McKinley was overheard calling her son "Kayla" and forcing him to try on a dress while shouting, "It's OK! I accept you! Stop scratching me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                      *looks it up*

Granted, yes, Lance Armstrong was indeed doping.

I can't remember who I was thinking of now. But there was someone who by natural chance just had an extraordinarily high level of testosterone in his blood.

No, you're thinking of the right athlete. The "genetic freak" excuse was often used to explain why a doped up Armstrong was so dominant in cycling.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Democratic presidential candidate and former Texas Rep. Robert Francis "Beto" O'Rourke has unveiled a comprehensive plan aimed at helping the LGBTQ community. Within it, he endorses a law that would — in the name of "equality" — force public schools into allowing biological male athletes to compete against girls in team sports.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/beto-l...on-girls-teams
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                          Democratic presidential candidate and former Texas Rep. Robert Francis "Beto" O'Rourke has unveiled a comprehensive plan aimed at helping the LGBTQ community. Within it, he endorses a law that would — in the name of "equality" — force public schools into allowing biological male athletes to compete against girls in team sports.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/beto-l...on-girls-teams
                          I thought they already did that? Thus this thread.

Why don't they just eliminate gender-segregated sports altogether? Just make all sports co-ed. No more women's basketball, or wrestling, or track.

Comment

I thought they already did that? Thus this thread.

Why don't they just eliminate gender-segregated sports altogether? Just make all sports co-ed. No more women's basketball, or wrestling, or track.
                            Well - because then there would no longer be any women in sports.

But that's where this is headed anyway. The drag queens won't be able to compete against elite male athletes either because the drugs they take to make them pretend females do de-tune them too much for that, so you'll just have drag queen sports and male sports and the ladies are back to other less athletic livelihoods.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              Well - because then there would no longer be any women in sports.

But that's where this is headed anyway. The drag queens won't be able to compete against elite male athletes either because the drugs they take to make them pretend females do de-tune them too much for that, so you'll just have drag queen sports and male sports and the ladies are back to other less athletic livelihoods.

Jim
                              exactly. If they continue the way they are, there won't be any females in sports. The whole reason they began female sports divisions was so women athletes could excel and compete in various sports where they had no chance against male athletes. But now they are letting male athletes take over women's leagues. Liberals are their own worse enemies sometimes. They want equal opportunities for women, then they turn around and take them away in a claim for Trans-equality.

Comment

exactly. If they continue the way they are, there won't be any females in sports. The whole reason they began female sports divisions was so women athletes could excel and compete in various sports where they had no chance against male athletes. But now they are letting male athletes take over women's leagues. Liberals are their own worse enemies sometimes. They want equal opportunities for women, then they turn around and take them away in a claim for Trans-equality.
                                The majority* of the 'trans' thing is just people not able to accept what they actually are to start with. Once you start down the road of substituting 'pretend' for reality, the end is never very good.

Jim

*yes there are a small percentage of people with physical ambiguities as to their sexuality. But this ain't them.

Comment