Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Joe Walsh on Fox/Conservative talk shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    your ability to twist the scriptures to your own ends is growing. So mockery of the wicked is not the same as the mockery of the innocent. Not sure the specific mockery you wish to apply that scripture to, but my comments about Trump's mockery applies to the public humiliation of the wife of a political opponent, and no, that is not the same as Elijah mocking false prophets, and yes, what Trump did was evil.
    I hate to burst your bubble, but that has been going on for centuries. Welcome to politics, I see you’re new.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

God bless you pix.
      Dodge noted.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        I have no reason to believe I'm wrong.
        Dont lie MM. This just isnt the time. I have never even once given anyone cause to believe I think God cant save Donald Trump. That is just a diversion from the actual issues at hand.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          Dodge noted.
          God bless you pix.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
            I hate to burst your bubble, but that has been going on for centuries. Welcome to politics, I see you’re new.
            Yes, evil has been going on for millenia.

Comment

Always going for the "it's not that bad" after the "It didn't happen" falls through ... But yeah its that bad. Testimony released today from Sondland makes that quite clear.
              You have a gift for spin, I'll grant you that. It's a fact that quid pro quo never happened, and "back channel diplomacy" isn't actually a thing because it is the president's prerogative to establish international policy. Always has been.

As for Sondland's testimony, are you referring to his original testimony, or the one where he changed his story after being pressured by Schiff and then added disclaimers like "I presumed" and "It was my impression"?
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Yes, evil has been going on for millenia.
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

You have a gift for spin, I'll grant you that. It's a fact that quid pro quo never happened, and "back channel diplomacy" isn't actually a thing because it is the president's prerogative to establish international policy. Always has been.

As for Sondland's testimony, are you referring to his original testimony, or the one where he changed his story after being pressured by Schiff and then added disclaimers like "I presumed" and "It was my impression"?
                  MM your denial is reaching proportions that simply are not healthy.

Comment

I did some searching and found a great source to determine who is an isn’t evil.
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

your ability to twist the scriptures to your own ends is growing. So mockery of the wicked is not the same as the mockery of the innocent. Not sure the specific mockery you wish to apply that scripture to, but my comments about Trump's mockery applies to the public humiliation of the wife of a political opponent, and no, that is not the same as Elijah mocking false prophets, and yes, what Trump did was evil.
                      Let's check what you said:
                      No Pix, it makes him evil. It may be a sort of evil you are willing to tolerate (till it's you being mocked in front of the entire country would be my guess)
                      Originally posted by lilpix
                      “He mocks people!”
                      That makes him a jerk, not evil.
                      I don't see anything but a blanket condemnation of mocking here, Jim. I provided a counter-example showing that mocking is not necessarily evil. You could have clarified your earlier statement without resorting to serious condemnation first. Things like this are why I am no longer interested in dialogue with you. There is no possibility of irenic discussion with one who consistently leaps to the worst possible interpretation of what is said.
                      Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                      sigpic
                      I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                        Let's check what you said:

I don't see anything but a blanket condemnation of mocking here, Jim. I provided a counter-example showing that mocking is not necessarily evil. You could have clarified your earlier statement without resorting to serious condemnation first. Things like this are why I am no longer interested in dialogue with you. There is no possibility of irenic discussion with one who consistently leaps to the worst possible interpretation of what is said.
                        That would be because you didn't include the text of previous posts in the series which establishes that the mockery I am talking about is the mockery of the appearance of a Political opponents wife. I said doing that was evil. And it is.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
                        He publicly mocks the appearance of the wives of his political opponents.
                        You made a mistake, a serious one, accusing me of calling a prophet of God evil. It was your mistake, not mine. And it's my fault, not your own?

Jim
                        Last edited by mossrose; 11-06-2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

That would be because you didn't include the text of previous posts in the series which establishes that the mockery I am talking about is the mockery of the appearance of a Political opponents wife. I said doing that was evil. And it is.

You made a mistake, a serious one, accusing me of calling a prophet of God evil. It was your mistake, not mine. And it's my fault, not your own?

Jim
                          Sorry, Jim. It shows I edited your post. I hit the edit button instead of the quote button.

Am I incorrect in my recollection that Trump's wife was publicly mocked for her shoes when visited a hurricane ravaged area?

Was that ok?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Jim
                            Not everyone reads an entire thread before responding to a post, Jim. As it happens, I didn't.

I see you're doubling down on the serious condemnation bit, even after seeing my clarification. You may have the last word.
                            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                            sigpic
                            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Rather, it's the people who are self-righteous who appear to be self-righteous, although they are often blind to their own hypocrisy.
                              So the way I'm taking this is "not republican like me"
                              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
                                So the way I'm taking this is "not republican like me"
                                Right, that seems to be where ox is going with this, suggesting that those Christians who don't agree with his political opinions are spiritually deficient.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment