Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The Joe Biden thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    A person doesn't have to be a "Biden fanboy" to want to see Trump out of the office. The previous election was a difficult choice, Hillary vs Trump. But whereas in 2016 it was always possible this crazy nutcase person (Trump) could turn out to be competent in the end, and Hillary had a lot of baggage, making the choice a true rock and a hard place choice. But now we KNOW just how dangerous and incompetent Trump is. Not only do we know he is incompetent, but he is also willing to defy all basic moralities associated with wielding power, and not only do we know that, we also know that the GOP are his minions and will not defy him in order to force him to conform to those same basic moral norms for a person in power.

And so as long as the person that is running against Trump has some semblance of competence and respects the historical moral norms established for those in power leading this country. well, that is the person to vote for.
    Yeah I know. Orange man bad... blah blah blah. Sheesh, dude. That isn't at all what I asked.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
      I don't get it, man. Why are you such a Biden fanboy? If i were a Dem and wanted to beat Trump, I'd be hoping and praying he gets replaced with someone else who can actually talk.
      Because I want to win and Biden gives the best shot for that to happen as illustrated by the polling.

Also Trump / Russia fear Biden the most. I know the spin was that they feared Sanders the most but I notice a strange lack of celebration that Sanders wasn't the nominee and that Biden was. I don't understand why *you guys* keep asking about swapping Biden out instead of saying how much you hope he sticks around. Weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        Because I want to win and Biden gives the best shot for that to happen as illustrated by the polling.
        Then you're delusional.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          That's just nutty Joe. It's really a STUPID thing today in our racially charged climate, but Joe's elevator doesn't go to the top floor.
          So you don't know what he meant but whatever he meant he sure meant it?

Comment

Then you're delusional.
            Here's the polling reported on 538.

Here's the reporting on RCP.

Kindly point me which aspect on there fills you with joy that Biden is the nominee and ought to fill me with dread.

Comment

So you don't know what he meant but whatever he meant he sure meant it?
              Who cares? It was a nutty thing to say, and, when it was pointed out to him, he did damage control. I don't have to know what he meant - the very fact that he had to retract or explain it shows how nutty it was.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Because I want to win and Biden gives the best shot for that to happen as illustrated by the polling....
                You realize we're an eternity away, politically speaking, from the big event, eh?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  You realize we're an eternity away, politically speaking, from the big event, eh?
                  Of course. That doesn't change the fact that Biden is the Democrat best positioned to win and the one Trump / Russia fear the most.

Comment

Of course. That doesn't change the fact that Biden is the Democrat best positioned to win and the one Trump / Russia fear the most.
                    It'll be what it'll be.

Comment

Yeah I know. Orange man bad... blah blah blah. Sheesh, dude. That isn't at all what I asked.
                      A man who defies the basic moral norms of a person in power is a dangerous person to have in the office of POTUS - regardless of your immature ignorance of that fact.

As for your question, I wasn't answering it. I was correcting your false assumption:

You assumed that his defense of Biden was somehow tied to him being a 'Biden Fanboy'. That is not a necessary pre-condition to supporting Biden - as I pointed out.
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 05-22-2020, 05:30 PM.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Here's the polling reported on 538.

Here's the reporting on RCP.

Kindly point me which aspect on there fills you with joy that Biden is the nominee and ought to fill me with dread.
                        Putting the obvious flaws in the polls aside, the polls are in his favor now because he was hiding in a basement doing friendly prescripted interviews online. I know because i watched most of them. Even then he stammered, stuttered and slurred his words, but he didn't say anything stupid or offensive. As soon as you get him into the wild or an environment that's a bit hostile and not scripted, this is the result you get. Wait until the election progressives and he has to face more of these unscripted, hostile environments. Wait until Trump's campaign starts using those millions to pump out the brutal campaign ads. Forget about the debates. If we get that far, that will be a national embarrassment not just for the DNC, but all of us. You're delusional, seriously.

Comment

Putting the obvious flaws in the polls aside, the polls are in his favor now because he was hiding in a basement doing friendly prescripted interviews online. I know because i watched most of them. Even then he stammered, stuttered and slurred his words, but he didn't say anything stupid or offensive. As soon as you get him into the wild or an environment that's a bit hostile and not scripted, this is the result you get. Wait until the election progressives and he has to face more of these unscripted, hostile environments. Wait until Trump's campaign starts using those millions to pump out the brutal campaign ads. Forget about the debates. If we get that far, that will be a national embarrassment not just for the DNC, but all of us. You're delusional, seriously.
                          I tend to think that the presiding over the worst economy in almost a century and soon to be more deaths than WW1 matters more than stuttering and stammering but that's just delusional DO :).

Comment

I tend to think that the presiding over the worst economy in almost a century and soon to be more deaths than WW1 matters more than stuttering and stammering but that's just delusional DO :).
                            Okie doke.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                              A man who defies the basic moral norms of a person in power is a dangerous person to have in the office of POTUS - regardless of your immature ignorance of that fact.

As for your question, I wasn't answering it. I was correcting your false assumption:

You assumed that his defense of Biden was somehow tied to him being a 'Biden Fanboy'. That is not a necessary pre-condition to supporting Biden - as I pointed out.
                              And that was point. You want as an assured victory as you can get against someone you consider the next evil thing since Genghis Khan. I was specifically asking him why HE THINKS BIDEN IS THAT GUY. I wasn't asking for your typical obsessive Orange man bad diatribe. He pointed me to the polls. Okay.

Comment

I'm not sure that even if Trump had responded properly to the pandemic we could have avoided the impact to the economy. It might not have been as severe, but eventually we would have had to go into a shelter in place - no country has been able to avoid that without significant consequences (sweden maybe, jury is still out on that)
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment