Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

I'm beginning to doubt Trump's relection chances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You guys are doing GREAT in not naming other forums, which would be a no-no.
    I'm very pleased that this forum, unlike the other forum, has an official policy on how to treat Canadians. To quote from the FAQ, which can be reached by clicking on the link at the top of this page:

WHY WE ALLOW CANADIANS

Canadians are allowed on as a gesture of goodwill along the lines of Proverbs 25:22. Our hope is that, as a result of this unmitigated show of kindness, Canada will begin to feel a collective twinge of regret for Justin Bieber, Celine Dion, and Nickelback, and will reconsider its exports in the future. We encourage you reading this to point this out to any Canadians you may personally know to potentially expedite this process

Donald Trump has eloquently explained that the reason he declared Canada to be a National Security Threat is that, when the United States graciously invaded Canada back in 1812, instead of treating Americans as liberators we rose up in righteous wrath, drove the Yanks out of our country, and as an object lesson burned down the White House. Boy, Americans sure know how to hold a grudge, I bet most Americans weren't even alive 200 hundred years ago, except of course for Senators Dianne Feinstein and Richard Shelby, who by the looks of them could very well have been present when the original US Constitution was signed. Besides, I've heard that the White House has since been rebuilt, so no harm done.

In the other forum, Americans often posted lies about Canada and Canadians, although I must admit that many of their claims were true. Yes, I admit that we all live in igloos and, yes, we all get around via dog sled. But I very much doubt that Canadians water down our insulin with moose spit, as one Trump supporter in the other forum claimed...

EDIT: At the risk of posting something which is actually on topic for this thread, the headline on CNN currently reads as follows:

TRUMP MEETS WITH CAMPAIGN TEAM AS HIS POLL NUMBERS FALL
    Last edited by Reepicheep; 06-04-2020, 04:56 PM.
    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
      I'm very pleased that this forum, unlike the other forum, has an official policy on how to treat Canadians. To quote from the FAQ, which can be reached by clicking on the link at the top of this page:

WHY WE ALLOW CANADIANS

Canadians are allowed on as a gesture of goodwill along the lines of Proverbs 25:22. Our hope is that, as a result of this unmitigated show of kindness, Canada will begin to feel a collective twinge of regret for Justin Bieber, Celine Dion, and Nickelback, and will reconsider its exports in the future. We encourage you reading this to point this out to any Canadians you may personally know to potentially expedite this process

Donald Trump has eloquently explained that the reason he declared Canada to be a National Security Threat is that, when the United States graciously invaded Canada back in 1812, instead of treating Americans as liberators we rose up in righteous wrath, drove the Yanks out of our country, and as an object lesson burned down the White House. Boy, Americans sure know how to hold a grudge, I bet most Americans weren't even alive 200 hundred years ago, except of course for Senators Dianne Feinstein and Richard Shelby, who by the looks of them could very well have been present when the original US Constitution was signed. Besides, I've heard that the White House has since been rebuilt, so no harm done.

In the other forum, Americans often posted lies about Canada and Canadians, although I must admit that many of their claims were true. Yes, I admit that we all live in igloos and, yes, we all get around via dog sled. But I very much doubt that Canadians water down our insulin with moose spit, as one Trump supporter in the other forum claimed...
      Nah...

We actually use beaver drool.
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

I'm very pleased that this forum, unlike the other forum, has an official policy on how to treat Canadians.

I just busted out laughing, and Jake looked up at me like, "what's so funny?"

To quote from the FAQ, which can be reached by clicking on the link at the top of this page:

WHY WE ALLOW CANADIANS

OK. so welcome here, I'm sure we'll get in a knock-down drag-out fight eventually, but until then, welcome!
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
          Nah...

We actually use beaver drool.
          Always good to meet a fellow Saskatchewanite. I was raised in Fox Valley in the SW corner of Saskatchewan, but have lived in Edmonton since 1977.

To paraphrase something I once read on the web... I was born in Saskatchewan, I love Saskatchewan, and if necessary I would willingly die for Saskatchewan, but what no one can make me do is LIVE in Saskatchewan. Although I'm forced to admit that Saskatoon is probably a nicer city than Edmonton.

Comment

Here's a transcript of Trump attempting to answer on how to fix the relationship between cops and the African American community. The debates (which won't happen) against Biden can't come soon enough.

transcript.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
              Here's a transcript of Trump attempting to answer on how to fix the relationship between cops and the African American community. The debates (which won't happen) against Biden can't come soon enough.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45300[/ATTACH]
              The topic is CANADA. And NOT Canadian Bacon!
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The topic is CANADA. And NOT Canadian Bacon!
                I heard Biden is an anchor baby from Canada.

Comment

Here's a transcript of Trump attempting to answer on how to fix the relationship between cops and the African American community.
                  Yup, there's no denying that Trump is a pretty eloquent guy...

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45300[/ATTACH]
                    I'm not talking substance of the policies. I'm talking about the ability to coherently deliver them -- i.e able to form complete sentences or a point. You and I are talking about different issues. It doesn't matter if Biden's policies are better than Trump, because that means nothing if Biden is incapable of expressing them coherently.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                      I'm not talking substance of the policies. I'm talking about the ability to coherently deliver them -- i.e able to form complete sentences or a point. You and I are talking about different issues. It doesn't matter if Biden's policies are better than Trump, because that means nothing if Biden is incapable of expressing them coherently.
                      Did you take a look at Trump's answer? There was neither policy nor coherency contained therein.

Comment

Did you take a look at Trump's answer? There was neither policy nor coherency contained therein.
                        Both will undoubtedly be given scripted answers to memorize prior to the debate. Trump's performance will depend on whether he sticks to the memorized script or goes off the cuff. Biden won't be able to remember anything. And if it gets personal and hostile (and there's no reason to think it won't because that's Trump's style) like it did during the Hillary/Trump debate or the Trump/Bush debate, Biden will become even more agitated and confused. All in all, I firmly believe it will a national embarrassment to our country if that debate happens.

Comment

That dialogue was painful to read. Quite often now I hit the MUTE button on my TV remote when Trump is delivering unscripted comments on whatever topic has tickled his fancy that day, since listening to him ramble causes me physical pain.

Comment

Always good to meet a fellow Saskatchewanite. I was raised in Fox Valley in the SW corner of Saskatchewan, but have lived in Edmonton since 1977.

To paraphrase something I once read on the web... I was born in Saskatchewan, I love Saskatchewan, and if necessary I would willingly die for Saskatchewan, but what no one can make me do is LIVE in Saskatchewan. Although I'm forced to admit that Saskatoon is probably a nicer city than Edmonton.
                            Sweet!

Born in Weyburn myself, Mom's from Redvers and Dad's from Trossachs, and spent all but a few months of my life in Southeastern Saskatchewan. Currently in Moose Jaw, originally for Bible College but I decided I liked it here.
                            Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                              Sweet!

Born in Weyburn myself, Mom's from Redvers and Dad's from Trossachs, and spent all but a few months of my life in Southeastern Saskatchewan. Currently in Moose Jaw, originally for Bible College but I decided I liked it here.
                              I can understand why you decided to move. It would be hard for a country boy to return to Trossachs or Redvers, once they've experienced the big city life in Moose Jaw.

From roughly 1965 to 1972, our family summer vacation was always spent at Kenosee Lake, so obviously I spent a lot of time in your neck of the woods. I have vague memories of Weyburn, but since we had no close relatives living there we probably didn't do much more than stop there for gas or snacks. I have some relatives who were raised in Radville, but I never made it there myself. I do remember going to Estevan a few times to visit relatives.

I had and still have a lot of relatives in Moose Jaw and Regina, but the last time I made it out that way was around 1983. I have one Great Aunt in Moose Jaw, still alive and kicking at the age of 95 or so, who is a rabid Trump supporter (basically, she supports him for religious reasons; me and my relatives are mostly Lutheran, but my aunt belongs to a small branch of the family who remained loyal to my family's Pentecostal roots, and as I understand it my aunt's "sect" (for lack of a better term) places great religious significance on the election of Trump, especially after he moved the embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.).

Admit it. Somewhere in your possessions there is a photo of you standing in front of the pumps at the Corner Gas gas station in Rouleau. Sadly, I must admit that I'm jealous of you, and wish that I, too, owned a similar photo. I pity all the members of this forum who have absolutely no idea what I am talking about...

Comment

You guys are doing GREAT in not naming other forums, which would be a no-no.
                                In an only barely-relevant response, the nice thing about this forum is that nuanced conversation is actually possible here. Glad I made the switch, and I think you'll appreciate Reepicheep; we come from opposite sides of the theological fence, but I've always found him to be reasonable if not entirely agreeable.

Comment