Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Ahmaud Arbery; racist killing and attempted cover up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Nope - I did not exclude myself. CP is a righteous man, and the entire time I'm debating whether to call him out on this issue, I asking myself if I have any right to because I know that in many ways I do not measure up to what he has given as a pastor.

But this issue is deeply ingrained in our culture, and most white evangelical Christians are racist without really understanding how they are racist because it is part of the culture they grew up in. But it has been amplified in this thread. If you want to see a pristine example of how white evangelicals can hold racist concepts and stereotypes without really understanding that is what they are doing - this thread is the place to watch it unfold.

Again you try to avoid rebuttal on specifics by painting with a broad brush.

Instead of trying to smear a whole group by religious affiliation and ethnicity (that's bigoted and racist of you, btw), how about actually specifically quoting individual posters and showing how what they posted is wrong?

Since I do not come under the categories you target with your bigotry and prejudice, I have nothing to answer. That's not the culture I grew up in, nor have ever lived in. I live in a culture that is racist against me, you bigot.

But still you attack people with general accusations, like a coward, instead of discussing what they actually said, and lump very diverse people into one category so you can dismiss what they have to say without actually listening to them.

And all this, yet we're the ones who are 'racist' and don't listen. You're incredible.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• On a side note, there is no proof that Peter was the first Pope, there's actually evidence against it, and Peter is NOT the rock upon which Jesus built the Church.

But that's another thread.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        On a side note, there is no proof that Peter was the first Pope, there's actually evidence against it, and Peter is NOT the rock upon which Jesus built the Church.

But that's another thread.
        If you'll notice, I did not use Rock but rock, as in is often used in translation to distinguish between Christ's use of the two different forms petra and petros designating Peter as 'little or singler rock', as opposed to the Rock (mass of rocks) upon which He would build his church, namely the Lordship/Messiahship of Christ, or alternatively, the mass of believers uttering the same confession as peter uttered the day he received his new name. It was a play on words. And though 'pope' was a term to be derived later, there is no doubt Peter was the effective lead of the first generation church.
        My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
          Again you try to avoid rebuttal on specifics by painting with a broad brush.

Instead of trying to smear a whole group by religious affiliation and ethnicity (that's bigoted and racist of you, btw), how about actually specifically quoting individual posters and showing how what they posted is wrong?

Since I do not come under the categories you target with your bigotry and prejudice, I have nothing to answer. That's not the culture I grew up in, nor have ever lived in. I live in a culture that is racist against me, you bigot.

But still you attack people with general accusations, like a coward, instead of discussing what they actually said, and lump very diverse people into one category so you can dismiss what they have to say without actually listening to them.

And all this, yet we're the ones who are 'racist' and don't listen. You're incredible.
          Max - try to read with understanding, not bile.

The racism that is inherent in these threads as they focus on the faults in the black victim, and not the faults in the white killers is blatently obvious. You - and others - need to stop being offended by me calling it out and start working out how to clear yourselves of it. I have said many, many times that I am not claiming that any of you adheres to blatent overt racism. But I am saying that the oppression that is the result of covert unconscious racism has its source in the pit of Hell.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
            Unless you hate Trump with every fiber of your being, and make every thread a "hate Trump" thread, you're a racist. Just own it, Max.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Unless you hate Trump with every fiber of your being, and make every thread a "hate Trump" thread, you're a racist. Just own it, Max.
              Speaking lies about another person is a sin CP. You know that is not the point of anything I've said here, yet you are implying it is. Dont soil who you are that way - please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                "I'm not accusing Cow Poke of blasphemy, but he's currently justifying the words of demons!"
                And the really odd thing is that I have NEVER tried to justify the killing, blame the victim, or excuse the killers. NOT ONCE.

My "sin" is simply refusing to slam my eyes shut to ALL of the facts in evidence, and refuse to adhere to the liberal narrative.

(should anybody miss it, CV is not making a claim, he's mocking the very tortured... um... accusation/absolving/condemning/praising....)

Comment

The racism that is inherent in these threads as they focus on the faults in the black victim, and not the faults in the white killers is blatently obvious.
                  Yeah, that's not actually racist nor is it evidence of racism. You are interpreting it as racism, but your interpretations are not truth. But you insist it must be true, and so you have become inflexible on this point and are condemning your fellow Christians with rather shocking accusations ("speaking the words of demons") based on a your false assumptions.

So...
                  Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                  But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                  Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

And the really odd thing is that I have NEVER tried to justify the killing, blame the victim, or excuse the killers. NOT ONCE.

My "sin" is simply refusing to slam my eyes shut to ALL of the facts in evidence, and refuse to adhere to the liberal narrative.
                    Exactly! It's been an absolute given that Arbery's killing was totally unjustified, and considering there's a witness who claims a certain slur was uttered, I'm inclined to believe his killer's were racially motivated. If evidence shows that Arbery was in the neighborhood for dubious reasons, that still doesn't excuse his killers or anything they said... it just makes this situation what the folks in the Wrestling Business like to call a Heel Card.

(should anybody miss it, CV is not making a claim, he's mocking the very tortured... um... accusation/absolving/condemning/praising....)
                    Yeah, but let's see if a certain someone can knock it off with the, "I'm not Saying You're a bunch of Racists, but You're all a Bunch of Racists and I don't have to prove it because Covert Unconscious Racism... or something," horse-puckey to get it.
                    Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

• Whether or not the killing was justified or even intentional is still an open question. The McMichaels are clearly responsible for Arbery's death, but to what extent is for the legal system to decide -- and, of course, they will some day have to give an answer to God.

Comment

"I'm not accusing Cow Poke of blasphemy, but he's currently justifying the words of demons!"
                        Did or did not Jesus rebuke Peter when he tried to call down fire from heaven and warn peter he did not know what spirit he was of?

Would you consider Jesus accusing Peter of Blasphemy?

Or was it just that Peter was just reacting in a way he thought made sense, not realizing what sort of evil spirit it was actually evidence of?

Most of you seem oblivious to the potential that exists for all of us to act as instruments of Satan all the while thinking we are doing good. Do you think that even now as I try desperately to wake you folks up to this evil in our midst that I am not in constant prayer over the same possibility within myself?

This is fundamental to understanding why we need to be saved, and I am constantly amazed at the lack of understanding found on these pages of fundamental teachings of the scriptures wrt who we ARE. Be angry yet sin not the Bible says. The entire first chapter of James is devoted to the conflict that exists when our words alternately praise God yet curse others. The fact that we can be unwitting instruments of Satan's bidding through our own ignorance or culture or our own weakness in sin is FUNDAMENTAL to understanding who we are before God and why we need to be saved, and why we must listen every day to God's 'voice' in scripture and through other Christians and even in the circumstances we find ourselves in as we walk with Him throughout our lives.

I am telling you that many of you are unwitting instruments of evil, voices of the cultural, unconscious racism that still exists in our land and subjects a large portion of our people to crime, poverty, hunger and ignorance. None of you WANT to be that, but until you wake up to it you have no choice.

Go to God - ask HIM to show you what it going on. And be willing to change and be changed.
                        Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-18-2020, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Exactly! It's been an absolute given that Arbery's killing was totally unjustified, and considering there's a witness who claims a certain slur was uttered, I'm inclined to believe his killer's were racially motivated.
                          I'm there.

If evidence shows that Arbery was in the neighborhood for dubious reasons, that still doesn't excuse his killers or anything they said... it just makes this situation what the folks in the Wrestling Business like to call a Heel Card.
                          I was simply honestly attempting to look at all the facts. Early on, there were reports that Aubery lived TEN MILES AWAY and came to jog, and it appears that at least one of the defenders of the Holy Narrative was conceding that point. It was MY looking into this that began to question that, and point it out as dubious, that it appeared he was actually living with his mother at the time.

But I committed the unconscionable crime of considering ALL facts, including the FACT that Aubery had had run-ins with the police in this neighborhood on other occasions, while still CLEARLY stating that I did not believe Aubery did not deserve to be killed, and his killers were in no way justified for what they did.

My other crime (or sin) was that I didn't limit my discussion ONLY to facts that would absolutely condemn the killers and pretty much elevate Aubery to sainthood.

Comment

My other crime (or sin) was that I didn't limit my discussion ONLY to facts that would absolutely condemn the killers and pretty much elevate Aubery to sainthood.
                            Perhaps you need to paint a mural depicting Arbery with angel wings and a halo to atone for your sins. Maybe adding an image of the McMichaels with devils horns and cloven hoofs will add an extra room to your heavenly mansion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              Perhaps you need to paint a mural depicting Arbery with angel wings and a halo to atone for your sins. Maybe adding an image of the McMichaels with devils horns and cloven hoofs will add an extra room to your heavenly mansion.
                              Somehow I doubt that would be sufficient penance for the unpardonable sins I have committed.

Comment

Did or did not Jesus rebuke Peter when he tried to call down fire from heaven and warn peter he did not know what spirit he was of?

Would you consider Jesus accusing Peter of Blasphemy?

Or was it just that Peter was just reacting in a way he thought made sense, not realizing what sort of evil spirit it was actually evidence of?

Most of you seem oblivious to the potential that exists for all of us to act as instruments of Satan all the while thinking we are doing good. Do you think that even now as I try desperately to wake you folks up to this evil in our midst that I am not in constant prayer over the same possibility within myself?

This is fundamental to understanding why we need to be saved, and I am constantly amazed at the lack of understanding found on these pages of fundamental teachings of the scriptures wrt who we ARE. Be angry yet sin not the Bible says. The entire first chapter of James is devoted to the conflict that exists when our words alternately praise God yet curse others. The fact that we can be unwitting instruments of Satan's bidding through our own ignorance or culture or our own weakness in sin is FUNDAMENTAL to understanding who we are before God and why we need to be saved, and why we must listen every day to God's 'voice' in scripture and through other Christians and even in the circumstances we find ourselves in as we walk with Him throughout our lives.

I am telling you that many of you are unwitting instruments of evil, voices of the cultural, unconscious racism that still exists in our land and subjects a large portion of our people to crime, poverty, hunger and ignorance. None of you WANT to be that, but until you wake up to it you have no choice.

Go to God - ask HIM to show you what it going on. And be willing to change and be changed.
                                First off, are you referring to the event in Luke 9 where James and John wanted to call down fire? Otherwise, I can't find jack or squat about the event you're referring to- after repeated searches on BibleGateway- so I suspect you've kit-bashed a bunch of separate incidents. I await clarification.

Second, Holy "White Guilt Complex" Batman! There's no need to bring up some vague, "Cultural, Unconscious Racism," accusation when we've still got plenty of old-fashioned overt racism to deal with... unless you can't pin any legitimate acts of racism on your critics.

By the way, if your conduct on here is any indicator, I imagine your prayers echo the Pharisees and sound something like, "God, I thank you that I am not like those other people- Racists, Sinners, Robbers- and those filthy Trump Supporters over there." They're probably not, but frankly if I was to know a tree by it's fruit you've clearly got your head shoved up your self-righteous cornhole.

And for the record, I have changed in the past and am willing to change in the future. Heck, sometimes I've been dragged kicking and screaming into those changes because I know for a FACT that I'm going to catch fifty shades of flak because of them.
                                Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment