Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Russian Bounty on U.S. military in Afghanistan.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    On the sofa?
    Illogical. Does not compute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I am lying right now.
      It's still a lie to say a nonsensical statement with an intent to deceive.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
        It's still a lie to say a nonsensical statement with an intent to deceive.
        Then I was telling the truth that I was lying.

Comment

Then I was telling the truth that I was lying.
          Yes you were. You were intending to deceive with your nonsensical statement. Just like one can lie by giving an answer which is true in technicality but false in spirit. E.g., if I drink the world's largest beer then honestly answer that I've only had "one beer" that day I'd still be lying since I'd be intending to deceive with my true answer.

Comment

Yes you were. You were intending to deceive with your nonsensical statement. Just like one can lie by giving an answer which is true in technicality but false in spirit. E.g., if I drink the world's largest beer then honestly answer that I've only had "one beer" that day I'd still be lying since I'd be intending to deceive with my true answer.
            So was I trying to deceive you by telling the truth when I said I was lying? Or was I trying to deceive you by lying about lying, meaning I was telling the truth?

Comment

• The next statement is true.

The previous statement is false.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                The next statement is true.

The previous statement is false.
                Indeed.

Comment

So was I trying to deceive you by telling the truth when I said I was lying? Or was I trying to deceive you by lying about lying, meaning I was telling the truth?
                  To quote a very annoying TWebber: 'yes'

Comment

Good answer.

Comment

This is about me, isn't it?
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Indeed.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Shocking that Trump is so desperate to change the conversation from these bounties that he even commute's Stone's sentence. Hmm...

bounty.jpg

Comment

Shocking that Trump is so desperate to change the conversation from these bounties that he even commute's Stone's sentence.
                            Yes, that's EXACTLY why he did it.

Top Pentagon officials say Russian bounty program not corroborated

Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Thursday that the intelligence on the Russian bounty program had not been corroborated by intelligence agencies and that they do not believe any attacks in Afghanistan that resulted in American casualties can be directly tied to it. The U.S. is still looking into the program and Milley warned that if it proves to have been real the U.S. "will take action."

"All the defense intelligence agencies have been unable to corroborate that report," Esper told the House Armed Services Committee.

"As of today, right now, we don't have cause and effect linkages to a Russian bounty program causing U.S. Military casualties," Milley said. "However, we are still looking. We're not done. We're going to run this thing to ground."

Maybe they need to call the extreme leftist nutters on Tweb!
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Yes, that's EXACTLY why he did it.

Top Pentagon officials say Russian bounty program not corroborated

Defense Secretary Mark Esper and Gen. Mark Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Thursday that the intelligence on the Russian bounty program had not been corroborated by intelligence agencies and that they do not believe any attacks in Afghanistan that resulted in American casualties can be directly tied to it. The U.S. is still looking into the program and Milley warned that if it proves to have been real the U.S. "will take action."

"All the defense intelligence agencies have been unable to corroborate that report," Esper told the House Armed Services Committee.

"As of today, right now, we don't have cause and effect linkages to a Russian bounty program causing U.S. Military casualties," Milley said. "However, we are still looking. We're not done. We're going to run this thing to ground."

Maybe they need to call the extreme leftist nutters on Tweb!
                              You can keep pretending that the issue is whether casualties resulted from the bounties but it won't make it so.

ties.jpg

Comment

You can keep pretending that the issue is whether casualties resulted from the bounties but it won't make it so.
                                You keep using that false and idiotic phrase "keep pretending".

Here, lemme help you out.....

From my cite...

Did you notice that part that says "if it proves to have been real the U.S. "will take action"?

Comment