Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Tweb is messing up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    I'm telling you...the Captcha pics deliberately make me squint and even use a magnifying glass to be sure there IS an image of the correct object! Ugh.
    I haven't seen any captcha images. Just an annoying cloudflare wait screen that pops up every so often

cloudflare.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I haven't seen any captcha images. Just an annoying cloudflare wait screen that pops up every so often

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47162[/ATTACH]
      Me too! Why does that botnet not like us!
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

I'm telling you...the Captcha pics deliberately make me squint and even use a magnifying glass to be sure there IS an image of the correct object! Ugh.
        On my work laptop and using Chrome, I continually get Captcha images to sort through. Sometimes I couldn't even get through them and just gave up. Some images are both tiny and too busy to identify.

From my home pc, I use Firefox and never get Captcha images at all.

Comment

That problem has been going on for a while now. Posting will not refresh your page but just hang there. The post actually went through. If you click submit again, it can sometime create a double post.

Best way to "fix" it is to do as you do, and just press F5, or refresh your browser manually. It seems to be random, sometimes you post will go through other times not. Having the cloudflare DDOS protection on may exacerbate the problem somewhat.

The software on this site is pretty old, we want to upgrade it but our programmers currently don't have the time to do so.
          That was a joke. I did it on purpose.
          When I Survey....

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]47162[/ATTACH]
            It doesn't do it every time. And amazing discovery... I can enlarge the screen! For some reason I thought I couldn't
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
              That has happened before. Guess that's what cloudfare is doing.
              Is this a virus? A cloudfare highjack?
              Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
              Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
              But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Can't get to page 3!

EDITED: NOW I'm on page 3. Whut?
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Can't get to page 3!

EDITED: NOW I'm on page 3. Whut?
                  It's been doing that to me, too. Did it yesterday, and again this evening.

I went to my general settings and changed the number of posts per page and it seems to have helped for now.

I also am getting the Captcha thingy fairly often. And I am using Firefox.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I've had no trouble at all tonight, so I must have missed all the action from earlier today.
                    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                      Is this a virus? A cloudfare highjack?
                      It's a DDoS attack.

https://www.digitalattackmap.com/understanding-ddos/
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

OK I lowered the cloudflare protection from attack mode to "medium" since the traffic seems lower today a bit. If tweb starts getting slow again, let me know.

Comment

I haven't had to do the Captcha thing this morning at all. So that's a good thing.

One thing I noticed yesterday with the Cloudflare on was the extremely low number of spam registrations. About 5, compared to the daily regular 20 or 30.

Will see how it is today.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I'm having a lot of trouble. I hit the Cloudfare page about 50% of the time. When I do, even the Captcha ceremony usually doesn't work; I just get a blank page.

I spent about two hours running two separate virus / malware scans and found nothing, so if I'm part of a botnet, it's beyond my ability to address.
                            Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

I turned the cloudflare attack mode off this morning. Let's see how it does.

That cloudflare notice kept showing up right after I tried to post several times and then just stayed there.

Comment

Weird stuff. I thought I posted a response in this thread, and it shows I'm the last post in that thread when I enter civics and look at the thread, but when I go inside I don't see my post.

Guess I'll come back later.

Comment