Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I - an atheist - am morally better than the Christian God

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    Their DNA changed when they sinned. They were no longer perfect. No longer immortal, and had a sin nature. Which they passed on to their children.
    If they were perfect how could they sin?
    “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
      If they were perfect how could they sin?
      It is the difference between infinite perfect and a finite perfect. The knowleedge of good and evil was the infinite perfect God's knowledge, Genesis 3:22. Infinite good cannot be corrupted by any amount (finite) evil. Only finite good can be negated. And evil cannot be without finite good that can be negated.
      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

• Originally posted by 37818 View Post
        It is the difference between infinite perfect and a finite perfect. The knowleedge of good and evil was the infinite perfect God's knowledge, Genesis 3:22. Infinite good cannot be corrupted by any amount (finite) evil. Only finite good can be negated. And evil cannot be without finite good that can be negated.
        So, Adam and Eve were perfect, until they weren't. Right!
        “He felt that his whole life was a kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.” - Douglas Adams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tassman View Post
          So, Adam and Eve were perfect, until they weren't. Right!
          Yes.

BTW, In Ezekiel 28:14-15 we find this, ". . .Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. . . ."
          . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

• Originally posted by 37818 View Post
            Yes.

BTW, In Ezekiel 28:14-15 we find this, ". . .Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. . . ."
            Yep, that's basically what Tass said, Adam was perfect until he wasn't. Except that is a contradiction, isn't it?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
              Yep, that's basically what Tass said, Adam was perfect until he wasn't. Except that is a contradiction, isn't it?
              Except that passage is referring to, firstly, the king of Tyre, and then of Lucifer, not Adam. And Lucifer fell, mightily, by his own choice.

And whatever's title of this thread smacks eerily of Lucifer's " I will be like the Most High God".

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                Except that passage is referring to, firstly, the king of Tyre, and then of Lucifer, not Adam. And Lucifer fell, mightily, by his own choice.

And whatever's title of this thread smacks eerily of Lucifer's " I will be like the Most High God".
                Doesn't matter who the passage is refering to, the point remains the same whether you're talking about Adam or Satan.

Comment

Doesn't matter who the passage is refering to, the point remains the same whether you're talking about Adam or Satan.
                  You're right. Both angels and men were created with free will, to choose their own way.

Both angels and men chose to defy God and hence our fallen world. Not caused by the fall of a Lucifer, but by Adam's choice to disobey God, and hence your choice, as well.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

You're right. Both angels and men were created with free will, to choose their own way.

Both angels and men chose to defy God and hence our fallen world. Not caused by the fall of a Lucifer, but by Adam's choice to disobey God, and hence your choice, as well.
                    Right, imperfect choices made by imperfect man. Or do you believe that if Adam never sinned then his descendents would never have sinned either. That's a silly and illogical argument.

Comment

Right, imperfect choices made by imperfect man. Or do you believe that if Adam never sinned then his descendents would never have sinned either. That's a silly and illogical argument.
                      I don't believe that Adam would never have sinned. I believe that God knew Adam would sin and that He already had a redemptive plan in place, as scripture says, before the foundation of the world.

And now you are getting into deeper theological issues than you probably want to get into in this thread.

I will leave it to you and whatever to continue to argue that you are both morally better than God.

Comment

I don't believe that Adam would never have sinned. I believe that God knew Adam would sin and that He already had a redemptive plan in place, as scripture says, before the foundation of the world.
                        aka. Adam was never perfect.

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        I will leave it to you and whatever to continue to argue that you are both morally better than God.
                        At this point, it's been proven.

Comment

aka. Adam was never perfect.

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          At this point, it's been proven.

Comment

How is it they sinned in the first place then if they were created perfect with a non sin nature?
                            Being perfect doesn't mean you can't sin. Adam had the ability and free will to choose to sin or not sin. He chose to sin. And "perfect" was my term, not the bible's.

Comment

Being perfect doesn't mean you can't sin.
                              If you create an object that can break, that object isn't perfect.

Comment

Being perfect doesn't mean you can't sin. Adam had the ability and free will to choose to sin or not sin. He chose to sin. And "perfect" was my term, not the bible's.

So in what way did Adam's nature differ from that of his descendents? The bible says Adam, because he sinned, is the cause of our sin nature. Do you see the error in that logic?

Comment