Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

If/when Biden is elected...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If/when Biden is elected...

... he's going to do a poor job.

I say this because of the challenges this country currently faces. No president is going to be able to emerge with popular support from one or two terms of having to deal with the pandemic, crushing economic forced, racial injustice/protests, and a virtually-deleted international reputation/credibility.

If Trump wants to avoid getting lynched, he'll lose this next election and quietly sink back into whatever obscurity he can muster (yes, I know that's against his character). Biden is going to be pummeled because of the pile of crap left-behind by #45.

And here, I'm not even counting the rank partisanship which is (dare I say) the real problem. Some Republicans are going to hate Biden no matter what he does, just as some Democrats hate Trump - but that's going to pale in comparison to the controversy Biden will face just working to get this country out from behind the eight-ball. I suspect that Biden will only last a single term (having nothing to do with the hysterical health/cognitive alarmism coming from the right side of the fence).

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
    What "good job" has he done in the 157 years he's been in DC?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Which Biden? (at one point he told folks they could vote for the "other Biden")

Elected to what? (at one point he told folks that he's running for Senate)

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Which Biden? (at one point he told folks they could vote for the "other Biden")

Elected to what? (at one point he told folks that he's running for Senate)
        Ask his wife. Or.... is that his sister?
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by whateverman View Post
          orange man bad!!!!!
          fify
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            fify
            If you'd read the OP, you wouldn't have typed that.

Please, if you're not going to discuss the thread's topic, instead of trying to disrupt it - just go away. All of you.

Thanks in advance.
            Last edited by Whateverman; 07-10-2020, 01:06 PM.

Comment

If you'd read the OP, you wouldn't have typed that.

Please, if you're not going to discuss the thread's topic, instead of trying to disrupt it - just go away.

Thanks in advance.
              Sure I would have. Your OP is a veiled slam on Trump, merely sidestepping the typical "orange man bad" by saying Biden is the subject of it. But when you say things like "because of the pile of crap left-behind by #45.", your veneer fades away. The whole OP can be summed up as "Biden has too big of a hill to climb because "orange man bad".
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Sure I would have. Your OP is a veiled slam on Trump
                Trump isn't the subject of the thread, implicitly or explicitly.

Joe Biden is.

If you can't take the time to bother reading what was written, don't waste other people's time.

Comment

Trump isn't the subject of the thread, implicitly or explicitly.

Joe Biden is.

If you can't take the time to bother reading what was written, don't waste other people's time.
                  So, you mention Trump twice by name, and once by his President number, and it isn't about him...

Kevin_lol.gif
                  That's what
                  - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Trump isn't the subject of the thread, implicitly or explicitly.....
                    If Trump wants to avoid getting lynched... ...the pile of crap left-behind by #45.... just as some Democrats hate Trump -...
                    Last edited by Cow Poke; 07-10-2020, 01:20 PM.

Comment

No president is going to be able to emerge with popular support from one or two terms of having to deal with the pandemic, crushing economic forced, racial injustice/protests, and a virtually-deleted international reputation/credibility.
                      As we've discussed in the past, I think it is essential that the Democrats make a clean sweep of the Presidency, House, and Senate in 2020 (currently the Democrats winning the Presidency and House is a virtual certainty, so the only unknown is whether they can also take back the Senate). With very few exceptions, Republican senators have revealed that they are only interested in doing what is good for Trump and NOT what is good for the country. I have no doubt that a Republican controlled Senate would do everything possible to foil the attempts of Biden to repair the substantial damage caused by Trump.
                      "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
                      "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

I have no argument that Biden will do a terrible job if elected President. I don't think anyone here on the conservative side would argue with that.

Comment

So, you mention Trump twice by name, and once by his President number, and it isn't about him...
                          Try reading the OP.

It's awesome how the moderators here are allowed to disrupt a civil thread without recourse.

Comment

I say this because of the challenges this country currently faces. No president is going to be able to emerge with popular support from one or two terms of having to deal with the pandemic, crushing economic forced, racial injustice/protests, and a virtually-deleted international reputation/credibility.

If Trump wants to avoid getting lynched, he'll lose this next election and quietly sink back into whatever obscurity he can muster (yes, I know that's against his character). Biden is going to be pummeled because of the pile of crap left-behind by #45.

And here, I'm not even counting the rank partisanship which is (dare I say) the real problem. Some Republicans are going to hate Biden no matter what he does, just as some Democrats hate Trump - but that's going to pale in comparison to the controversy Biden will face just working to get this country out from behind the eight-ball. I suspect that Biden will only last a single term (having nothing to do with the hysterical health/cognitive alarmism coming from the right side of the fence).
                            Most of the turmoil in this country is economic-related, in spite of the fact it's manifesting as sociopolitical. Most people don't know that or just don't want to believe that fact, and instead want to believe that things will just go back to normal as long as the political landscape changes. This is what the right believed in 2016, and they were obviously wrong. I don't wish what is befalling on this country (and what is to come) on any future presidential candidate, even a democrat. But I also said this in 2016 and didn't for the life of me understand why Trump even wanted to do it. I'm just glad Rand Paul didn't win the primary, because I would have hated to see all this fall on his head much more so than Trump. But I'll hate to see what's to fall on the next cantidate even less if it's a democrat that wins.

Comment

Try reading the OP.

It's awesome how the moderators here are allowed to disrupt a civil thread without recourse.
                              Other than Trump, there is nothing to discuss since we all agree what a lousy President Biden will make.

What do you want to discuss?

Comment