Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Riots over cop killing a man begging for his life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I'm not familiar with your friends.
    The Boogaloo Boys are an extreme white nationalists group that goes under various names dependent upon their base locations who are bent on civil war and the overthrow of the government. There are many of these extremest groups out there. Another one goes by the name of The Proud Boys." Many of them are the armed men you've seen at these anti-lockdown protests. They and their symbols/flags have been spotted in Minniapolis. They train in the use of flame throwers/bombs etc. in order to infiltrate and exploit instances just like this.

http://www.techtransparencyproject.o...id-coronavirus

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...onalism-report

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      The Boogaloo Boys are an extreme white nationalists group ...
      No wonder I don't know them.

ETA: but for the record, I'm against them.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The Boogaloo Boys are an extreme white nationalists group that goes under various names dependent upon their base locations who are bent on civil war and the overthrow of the government. There are many of these extremest groups out there. Another one goes by the name of The Proud Boys." Many of them are the armed men you've seen at these anti-lockdown protests. They and their symbols/flags have been spotted in Minniapolis. They train in the use of flame throwers/bombs etc. in order to infiltrate and exploit instances just like this.

http://www.techtransparencyproject.o...id-coronavirus

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...onalism-report
        BTW, both Trump and the Atty Gen. are obviously well aware of this and yet they both went out there and publicly pointed the finger solely at left wing extremist groups.

Comment

BTW, both Trump and the Atty Gen. are obviously well aware of this and yet they both went out there and publicly pointed the finger solely at left wing extremist groups.
          So the liberals are blaming right wing conservatives and the conservatives are blaming left wing liberals.

I'm shocked.

I condemn both.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Well, the black Minneapolis Police Chief is making that claim, but I guess it could be argued "he's one of them". The public officials -- Leaders say riot damage not caused by Minnesotans are making that claim, but I guess that could be "CYA".

(FOX 9) - Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey and St. Paul Mayor Melvin Carter said Saturday that a vast majority of the rioters causing destruction are from out of state. Mayor Carter said all of the people arrested in St. Paul overnight were from out of state.

"This is no longer about protesting, this is about violence," Mayor Frey said. "I want to be clear, the people who are doing this are not Minneapolis residents.”

Perhaps I erred in using the word "professional" --- I even stopped to try to think of another way to say that these people aren't just peacefully protesting -- they are there to purposely "act out".
            Conflicting info from the same News network...

The overwhelming majority of people arrested in connection with the Minneapolis unrest have Minnesota addresses, a search of the online Hennepin County Jail log shows.

Of the 45 people arrested for rioting, unlawful assembly, stolen property, burglary or robbery on May 29 and May 30 so far, 38 had Minnesota addresses, according to publicly available jail records reviewed by FOX 9.
            I noticed that the chief said he got his information from "local community leaders" as opposed to actual records, so maybe that's where the discrepancy is?
            Last edited by seanD; 05-30-2020, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
              Conflicting info from the same News network...

It's hard to match the date with the video, so maybe the chief was referring to the day after? Also, I noticed that he got his information from "local community leaders" as opposed to actual records, so maybe that's where the discrepancy is?
              Yeah, I don't know - it's pretty much boiling down to conservative sources blaming liberals and liberal sources blaming conservatives.

Either way, I think we can all agree that a LOT of this chaos comes from outside the community, and totally detracts from the purpose of the protest.

In an IDEAL WORLD, there would be a charismatic black figure who would be able to unite the protestors with a two prong approach...
              A) Let's do everything we can to project a PEACEFUL, yet powerful, protest to the world
              2) Let's do everything we can to expose the activists who come here to disrupt

Unfortunately, that would require cooperation with the local police -- and that's what started the whole mess in the first place.

Comment

• When I said earlier that even the Chief should be fired - I was unaware that he was black.

STILL..... I think anybody who runs a department that allows this kind of environment ought to realize that they either need to make fundamental changes -- or resign in disgrace or be fired. The buck SHOULD stop at the top. I think once it became clear that "the top dog" will lose his job AND his commission, and never again work in law enforcement - maybe things would be taken more seriously within the police department.

Comment

Yeah, I don't know - it's pretty much boiling down to conservative sources blaming liberals and liberal sources blaming conservatives.

Either way, I think we can all agree that a LOT of this chaos comes from outside the community, and totally detracts from the purpose of the protest.

In an IDEAL WORLD, there would be a charismatic black figure who would be able to unite the protestors with a two prong approach...
                  A) Let's do everything we can to project a PEACEFUL, yet powerful, protest to the world
                  2) Let's do everything we can to expose the activists who come here to disrupt

Unfortunately, that would require cooperation with the local police -- and that's what started the whole mess in the first place.
                  But "a lot" doesn't support the article I just linked to lol. There were some, sure, unless you assume they just got away without getting apprehended, but then that's just an assumption.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                    But "a lot" doesn't support the article I just linked to lol. There were some, sure, unless you assume they just got away without getting apprehended, but then that's just an assumption.
                    Sean, this isn't worth battling over to me. I hate that there was violence, and I hate it that local shop owners lost so much, whoever was responsible. The focus should be on this tragic death, not the riots.

It's really a crying shame.

Comment

Sean, this isn't worth battling over to me. I hate that there was violence, and I hate it that local shop owners lost so much, whoever was responsible. The focus should be on this tragic death, not the riots.

It's really a crying shame.
                      I'm a detailed minded guy. And it is a shame.

Comment

• This afternoon, there was a peaceful protest in my city. About 2 hours ago, the burning cars and looting began. It's going to be a long night here.
                        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

So the liberals are blaming right wing conservatives and the conservatives are blaming left wing liberals.

I'm shocked.

I condemn both.
                          No, Trump and Barr, the President and Atty. Gen. of these United States, are blaming soley left wing radicals when they know better. That's the point. Now, why do you suppose that they would purposely lie to the American people like that? Think about it.

Comment

No, Trump and Barr, the President and Atty. Gen. of these United States, are blaming soley left wing radicals when they know better. That's the point. Now, why do you suppose that they would purposely lie to the American people like that? Think about it.
                            So, pitch a hissy.

Comment

So, pitch a hissy.
                              Okay, don't think about it.

Comment

They aren't all antifa, they're a variety of folks, but there are antifa members in the protests. It's a whole lot more accurate than the Minnesota governor claiming they're white supremacists and cartels.

Comment