Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Kids In Cages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
    Right. Part of the evil is ignoring their situation and what they are fleeing from. This evil justifies even more evil in how they treat these people once they arrive. The children who are by all means completely innocent suffer from these evil acts.
    You realize that the people in these camps are only there for a few days until they can be processed and released? And the conditions reported by the liberals are greatly exaggerated. And the people in the camps are there voluntarily and they lived through much worse conditions during the months they traveled across Mexico?

Here is a photo of kids sleeping in the streets on their way here:

Why aren't you condemning the parents for forcing these children to endure such suffering for months on end?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      You realize that the people in these camps are only there for a few days until they can be processed and released? And the conditions reported by the liberals are greatly exaggerated. And the people in the camps are there voluntarily and they lived through much worse conditions during the months they traveled across Mexico?

Why aren't you condemning the parents for forcing these children to endure such suffering for months on end?
      You seriously think the wrongdoings of the parents would justify the harsh treatment of the children when they arrive? They already suffered so much so let's make them suffer some more?

You know you would rather be on that picture with your children than in prison without your children. Make any excuse you like. None of you have been able to justify the treatment of the innocent children. You like to try to change focus. Obama did it, their parents didi something wrong and whatever. None of that justifies the wrongdoing. If you are true to what you believe in, you know this very well.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
        You seriously think the wrongdoings of the parents would justify the harsh treatment of the children when they arrive? They already suffered so much so let's make them suffer some more?
        They aren't getting harsh treatment. That's a liberal lie.

-----------
        According to the media and firebrand leftists like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), the migrant detention centers at the U.S. southern border are deplorable "concentration camps" with some of the worst living conditions imaginable. But several Latino pastors who visited the facilities have refuted that claim and extolled the federal agents for their efforts in keeping conditions there humane.

"Rev. Samuel Rodriguez was 'full of indignation' when he saw the reports and heard from politicians about the deplorable and inhumane conditions for illegal immigrants at an El Paso County, Texas migrant detention center," reports Fox News. "But what he saw at the same facility toured by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. with a group of pastors was 'drastically different.'"

As the president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, Rodriguez has advised Presidents Bush, Obama, and Trump on immigration before. In a press briefing on Monday, he refuted the claims that detained immigrants are being mistreated after seeing the situation firsthand.

"I read the reports, saw the news clips. I just wanted to see what was actually happening in order to better enable our efforts to find a fair and a just solution to our broken immigration system," Rodriguez said. "To my surprise, I saw something drastically different from the stories I’ve been hearing in our national discourse. Even as a veteran of immigration advocacy in the U.S., I was shocked at the misinformation of the crisis at the border."

"We found no soiled diapers, no deplorable conditions, and no lack of basic necessities," Rodriguez declared.
        https://www.dailywire.com/news/49089...-not-paul-bois

Comment

They aren't getting harsh treatment. That's a liberal lie.

-----------
          According to the media and firebrand leftists like Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY), the migrant detention centers at the U.S. southern border are deplorable "concentration camps" with some of the worst living conditions imaginable. But several Latino pastors who visited the facilities have refuted that claim and extolled the federal agents for their efforts in keeping conditions there humane.

"Rev. Samuel Rodriguez was 'full of indignation' when he saw the reports and heard from politicians about the deplorable and inhumane conditions for illegal immigrants at an El Paso County, Texas migrant detention center," reports Fox News. "But what he saw at the same facility toured by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. with a group of pastors was 'drastically different.'"

As the president of the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, Rodriguez has advised Presidents Bush, Obama, and Trump on immigration before. In a press briefing on Monday, he refuted the claims that detained immigrants are being mistreated after seeing the situation firsthand.

"I read the reports, saw the news clips. I just wanted to see what was actually happening in order to better enable our efforts to find a fair and a just solution to our broken immigration system," Rodriguez said. "To my surprise, I saw something drastically different from the stories I’ve been hearing in our national discourse. Even as a veteran of immigration advocacy in the U.S., I was shocked at the misinformation of the crisis at the border."

"We found no soiled diapers, no deplorable conditions, and no lack of basic necessities," Rodriguez declared.
          https://www.dailywire.com/news/49089...-not-paul-bois
          Remember you yourself said they had lived through "much worse"? That did not exactly give the impression the conditions were very good, did it?

The congressional committee will hear from activists and the Department of Homeland Security's acting Inspector General, Jennifer Costello, who issued the scathing watchdog reports chronicling unsafe conditions inside detention facilities.

"The American people are deeply concerned about the inhumane detention centers at the border and the number of children separated from their families," said Rep. Elijah Cummings, the chairman of the committee. "We look forward to hearing about the steps necessary to correct this crisis manufactured by the Trump Administration." https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...is/1704086001/
          Last edited by Charles; 07-12-2019, 09:49 AM.
          "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Here is an interesting perspective: White evangelicals are least likely to say U.S. should accept refugees

"By more than two-to-one (68% to 25%), white evangelical Protestants say the U.S. does not have a responsibility to accept refugees," the center wrote. "Other religious groups are more likely to say the U.S. does have this responsibility. And opinions among religiously unaffiliated adults are nearly the reverse of those of white evangelical Protestants: 65% say the U.S. has a responsibility to accept refugees into the country, while just 31% say it does not."
            It's hard to say which came first. After all, white evangelicals — many of them, at least — have a history of racism and xenophobia. But the Trump presidency is notable for receiving such strong support from white evangelicals and, more broadly, Christian nationalists. That support was undoubtedly pushed along by prominent evangelical leaders with ties to the president.
            Very interesting article that also puts a good perspective on why this should not be expected for anyone familiar with what the Bible says on how to treat refugees. It is not a criticism of Christianity or Christians in general.

https://bigthink.com/culture-religio...ls-immigration

Comment

• Then how is it that AOC went on the same tour (part, anyway) as did others who weren't evangelicals, yet no new evidence of poor conditions emerged? All the significant evidence is from 2014.

Where, exactly, is the beef?
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                Then how is it that AOC went on the same tour (part, anyway) as did others who weren't evangelicals, yet no new evidence of poor conditions emerged? All the significant evidence is from 2014.

Where, exactly, is the beef?
                Orange Man Bad.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• More evidence from a Pastor about the camp in Florida:

Pastor who volunteers at Florida migrant shelter blasted by Dems says care at facility is ‘phenomenal’

Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren described detained kids at a Homestead, Fla. migrant shelter as treated "like little prisoners." But a pastor who has been volunteering at the shelter since former President Barack Obama was in office tried to set the record straight, telling Fox News care has only "improved" under President Trump.

Russell Black, pastor and president of Latin Impact Ministries, has volunteered since 2015 at the Homestead shelter visited and vilified by Democratic presidential candidates -- including Sens. Kamala Harris and Kirsten Gillibrand, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, former HUD Secretary Julian Castro, New Age author Marianne Williamson and former governor of Colorado John Hickenlooper -- and Senate Democrats.

"It's actually been overwhelmingly surprising how good the care is at the shelter," Black told "Fox & Friends" Friday morning. He pointed out that, unlike the candidates, has actually been inside the facility and interacts with the children, not shouting at them from a distance.

The pastor explained that thousands of migrants have attended services church held every Saturday morning and "lives have been changed." He also refutes allegations made from "staged visits where tours are conducted," adding he visits multiple times during the week and has made spontaneous visits but has found the care "consistent" each time.

"We were surprised at the care, the expense, the concern of the staff and the management of the shelter in making sure the brief stay that the immigrants had in the shelter would be as painless and pleasant as possible," he said. "As I see the print media, the politicians make comments and allegations against the shelter, it blows me away that they don't have the correct picture at all."

Black pushed back against allegations that children are held indefinitely at the shelters, instead, he adds, they are quickly processed, depending on the individual circumstances.

"But the care that they receive there is phenomenal, and I would hope that if any of my children ever had to experience what these children have had to experience, that they would have that same level of care as well," Black added.

more, and video at:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/flo...ial-candidates

Comment

Question - why do you not ask how horrible the conditions must be in their own country that they would be willing to endure such in the chance they might find something better here?

You guys are thinking so wrong about this. Most of these are poor, desperate people looking for a better life.

Jim
                    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 07-12-2019, 12:54 PM.
                    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

More evidence from a Pastor about the camp in Florida:

Pastor who volunteers at Florida migrant shelter blasted by Dems says care at facility is ‘phenomenal’

Democratic presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren described detained kids at a Homestead, Fla. migrant shelter as treated "like little prisoners." But a pastor who has been volunteering at the shelter since former President Barack Obama was in office tried to set the record straight, telling Fox News care has only "improved" under President Trump.

Russell Black, pastor and president of Latin Impact Ministries, has volunteered since 2015 at the Homestead shelter visited and vilified by Democratic presidential candidates -- including Sens. Kamala Harris and Kirsten Gillibrand, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, former HUD Secretary Julian Castro, New Age author Marianne Williamson and former governor of Colorado John Hickenlooper -- and Senate Democrats.

"It's actually been overwhelmingly surprising how good the care is at the shelter," Black told "Fox & Friends" Friday morning. He pointed out that, unlike the candidates, has actually been inside the facility and interacts with the children, not shouting at them from a distance.

The pastor explained that thousands of migrants have attended services church held every Saturday morning and "lives have been changed." He also refutes allegations made from "staged visits where tours are conducted," adding he visits multiple times during the week and has made spontaneous visits but has found the care "consistent" each time.

"We were surprised at the care, the expense, the concern of the staff and the management of the shelter in making sure the brief stay that the immigrants had in the shelter would be as painless and pleasant as possible," he said. "As I see the print media, the politicians make comments and allegations against the shelter, it blows me away that they don't have the correct picture at all."

Black pushed back against allegations that children are held indefinitely at the shelters, instead, he adds, they are quickly processed, depending on the individual circumstances.

"But the care that they receive there is phenomenal, and I would hope that if any of my children ever had to experience what these children have had to experience, that they would have that same level of care as well," Black added.

more, and video at:

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/flo...ial-candidates
                      This is not a criticism - but I wonder how there could be such completely different assessments. Someone must be lying or mistaken - I sure would like to know definitively what the real story is. Anybody live near homestead Fl that would be capable/willing to make a visit and let us know what they find? You'd probably need to volunteer to help out a group that is already working with the shelter.

Jim
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                        Question - why do you not ask how horrible the conditions must be in their own country that they would be willing to endure such in the chance they might find something better here?

You guys are thinking so wrong about this. Most of these are poor, desperate people looking for a better life.

Jim
                        At least you seem to understand that they aren't a bunch of people fleeing for their lives but vamoosing for a better life.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          At least you seem to understand that they aren't a bunch of people fleeing for their lives but vamoosing for a better life.
                          You make a general statement about who "they" are as if these persons were not individuals who had all sorts of different reasons for leaving their country. And the children had no choice what so ever.

I am not sure you completely got the point in what Ox wrote.

Comment

Most of them have been told what a wonderful land of milk and honey the USA is, that is why they are coming here. Not running away from a war-torn country. But when they do get here, they are still at the bottom of the heap, poor and homeless.

Jim
                            and most will end up homeless, picking crops for pennies, or becoming virtual slaves being taken advantage of by unscrupulous employers.

Comment

This is not a criticism - but I wonder how there could be such completely different assessments. Someone must be lying or mistaken - I sure would like to know definitively what the real story is. Anybody live near homestead Fl that would be capable/willing to make a visit and let us know what they find? You'd probably need to volunteer to help out a group that is already working with the shelter.

Jim
                              I think it is because the democrats have an agenda. And they play it to the hilt. They were just caught again a few days ago using photos from 2014 in some tweets. They know better but don't care. They have a story they want to sell and they will do whatever it takes to sell it.

That is my opinion anyway. I know you will take it with a grain of salt. But I trust what hispanic pastors say over what congressmen and women are saying, because I don't think the pastors (many who are hispanic themselves) have any agenda other than the well being of the people in the camps.

Comment

I think it is because the democrats have an agenda. And they play it to the hilt. They were just caught again a few days ago using photos from 2014 in some tweets. They know better but don't care. They have a story they want to sell and they will do whatever it takes to sell it.

That is my opinion anyway. I know you will take it with a grain of salt. But I trust what hispanic pastors say over what congressmen and women are saying, because I don't think the pastors (many who are hispanic themselves) have any agenda other than the well being of the people in the camps.
                                Now, if this Hispanic pastor had scrubbed his media presence showing he was a very opinionated political activist prior to his testimony......
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment