Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

There is no way to Win - the Left Just Enjoys Hating Trump too Much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The term for that is "cry bullies".
    I saw MaxVel use it earlier, never heard it before then. It's perfect, and I'll have to remember it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
      I saw MaxVel use it earlier, never heard it before then. It's perfect, and I'll have to remember it.
      The better advice would be to forget it. Even if you disagree with someone you are not moving any further with that sort of language if you want to solve the disagreements and make it a discussion about things on which you disagree instead of a discussion involving personal attacks.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
        Did you know that hypocrites always blame the other person? It's true.
        Now, even if that is true, it does not mean that you are a hypocrite as soon as you blame someone for something they actually did. You need to pay attention to the details. All elephans are animals, but all animals are not elephants. Basic logic.

I think this has moved way too far away from my initial points that I will just repeat and be prepared to discuss if anyone is willing to do so without personal attacks or making false claims about what I believe:

The childish name calling, the personal attacks, portraying of other actual persons as dogs that I have seen from people who call themselves Christians is not even the worst part of it. The worst part is that the radical message of Jesus, his message that you should love the least of these, that you should even love your enemies, seemingly leads people to conclude that it is ok to dehumanize, it is ok to put children in cages, it is ok to rely on personal attacks and it is ok to rely on relativism.

When I read the Bible, I am confronted with a strength and a message that is not only far beyond what I see on tweb. It is also radically different in quite many cases.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Then, by golly, let the rubbish pile up!
          The bigger picture is that the propaganda victory will endure much longer than the clean-up. When the mess returns, the blame will go to Elijah Cummings, so that Trumpco can beat him up again and again with pictures of American Black Poverty.

I remember ‘The Godfather’, “in my city we would keep the drug traffic in the dark people ... “ Cummings, we notice, is black, and this is why, the theory goes, that we can do in one day what he cannot do in three years.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post
            The better advice would be to forget it. Even if you disagree with someone you are not moving any further with that sort of language if you want to solve the disagreements and make it a discussion about things on which you disagree instead of a discussion involving personal attacks.
            The fact you are suggesting I forget it is another point in favor of remembering it. Sometimes "personal attacks" are necessary. It really depends on the situation.

Comment

Okay, I tried to ignore this, but this extremely distorted version of events is too much for me.

No, it isn't. An occasional "mean" word directed your way is not bullying. What you are receiving is mild compared to have been dishing out.

And you act as if minor push back to your hostility is bullying, which it simply is not. It also doesn't change the fact that you are engaging in using different types of bullying tactics. Psychological and emotional manipulation, and also the tactic of making those who disagree with you after you poke them in the eye look like the bullies by crying loudly about it.

Did you do so privately to him over a private message? Because you did not apologize to him in that thread, you apologized in a different thread, but not in this one. You in fact got worse and worse towards MaxVel in that thread, and accused him, and all of us, as producing "the dynamic that creates suicides".

Your pattern has been that you attack people, get minor push back that you cry about, apologize(not even always that). Rinse and repeat. I've seen you do this at least twice with different people, which is why I don't expect any real change after your apology in this thread.

I read the full thread, and the full conversation. No apology from you in it, just a worse and worse response to anyone who disagreed with you. You aren't even reading what happened at all apparently.

That was a different thread entirely. Actually click the links instead of jumping to conclusions about what they are. I do remember correctly, and went back and reread much of the thread just to be 100% sure. Something you haven't done.

The "I'm sorry you feel that way" isn't much of an apology either. You also broke that promise in the thread I actually linked to.

You broke that promise in the thread I linked unless you are talking about a private message that no one else ever saw. However, that does mean you broke the same promise when you made to MaxVel in a different thread.

You mean like how you and your buddies in Nat. Sci. 301 treat those who don't agree with you? The same kind of treatment that is the reason I don't post there anymore?

You attacked Teal when she was nothing but polite to you personally in this thread. NorrinRad was kind of harsh, but he made one post. Teal did amen it, but that doesn't mean she agreed with him being harsh. Your response implied that Teal's master was Satan. That is far harsher than anything said to you in this thread. You're the one who attacks below the belt than gets upset when you get a slap in the face in response.

Never said you can't defend yourself, and didn't imply that either. The whole point of the original fight you had with Teal was that if you start a fight, you shouldn't be surprised when people defend themselves.

I haven't had any private messages from oxmixmudd. And I think your summary is pretty much on point.
              ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by Charles View Post

The discussion was about their habit of making personal attacks on those who disagree with them, thus the term is apt to describe their behaviour. Go and read the full context given in Cerebrum's posts, including the links and the threads they're in.

Oxmixmudd doesn't get to claim innocence when he has made personal attacks on people who simply disagreed with him, and, worse, pre-emptive attacks on people who haven't yet responded to his posts.

Claiming that he is being bullied by everyone here is a gross exaggeration, and frankly offensive to those who have suffered severe real-world bullying (at least two posters in this thread). Maybe - at a stretch - he could argue that one or two posters have bullied him, but certainly not pretty much everyone, constantly. Thus he fits the term 'cry-bully' - poke and poke at people, and then whine like a * when they tell him he's being offensive.

* insert offensive term here.

Urban Dictionary "Cry Bully"

Someone who uses the perceived righteousness of a social justice cause as a pretext to abuse others, and then plays the victim when confronted about that abuse.
                Seems pretty much spot on to me.
                Last edited by MaxVel; 08-11-2019, 10:08 AM.
                ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                  The bigger picture is that the propaganda victory will endure much longer than the clean-up.
                  Then there are additional benefits! Win Win!
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                    I haven't had any private messages from oxmixmudd. And I think your summary is pretty much on point.
                    The whole bit about a private message was my attempt at being charitable with what he said in his post. From what I had seen there were two options, he was wrong and had already broken the promise he spoke of, or there was some kind of separate promise I could not see.

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                    The discussion was about their habit of making personal attacks on those who disagree with them, thus the term is apt to describe their behaviour. Go and read the full context given in Cerebrum's posts, including the links and the threads they're in.

Oxmixmudd doesn't get to claim innocence when he has made personal attacks on people who simply disagreed with him, and, worse, pre-emptive attacks on people who haven't yet responded to his posts.

Claiming that he is being bullied by everyone here is a gross exaggeration, and frankly offensive to those who have suffered severe real-world bullying (at least two posters in this thread). Maybe - at a stretch - he could argue that one or two posters have bullied him, but certainly not pretty much everyone, constantly. Thus he fits the term 'cry-bully' - poke and poke at people, and then whine like a * when they tell him he's being offensive.

* insert offensive term here.

Urban Dictionary "Cry Bully"

Seems pretty much spot on to me.
                    The underlined is indeed what makes me the most angry. I haven't been perfectly "nice", but there is nothing I've said, or that you or Teal said that comes close to actual bullying.

Comment

Then there are additional benefits! Win Win!
                      True; the devil has many talents. [just another way of looking at it.]
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                        Yes, Trump saying stuff is exactly what made this an issue. And yes, we do hate lying, theiving, treasonous wannabe dictators living in our house.
                        The why do you create the fantasy?
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckles View Post
                          I think this has moved way too far away from my initial point...
                          That point being that you wish to judge and demean Christians while hypocritically trying to shame us into a defenseless position with a selective and self-serving application of scripture.

What's hilarious is you seem to think you're being subtle about it.

I'll let you off the hook now. You can return to your regularly scheduled trolling.
                          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                            True; the devil has many talents. [just another way of looking at it.]
                            So the devil tricked some white guys into helping clean up a neighborhood....
                            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

So the devil tricked some white guys into helping clean up a neighborhood....
                              It’s a way of looking at it that I have explained already. What you are doing is dissecting out a particular part of the story to suit your preferred narrative. There is a much wider context, including what has happened, over a long time, to some inner cities.

Comment

And you act as if minor push back to your hostility is bullying, which it simply is not. It also doesn't change the fact that you are engaging in using different types of bullying tactics. Psychological and emotional manipulation, and also the tactic of making those who disagree with you after you poke them in the eye look like the bullies by crying loudly about it.
                                Really despicable of oxmix. demi often attacks, is upfront about it. Want to disagree with aggressive approach like demi's, fine. But he does 'passive'-aggressive style attack of his, but with posture of innocence, later goes 'why people push back???'. Really despicable.

Your pattern has been that you attack people, get minor push back that you cry about, apologize(not even always that). Rinse and repeat. I've seen you do this at least twice with different people, which is why I don't expect any real change after your apology in this thread.
                                Yes.

The "I'm sorry you feel that way" isn't much of an apology either.
                                Fake apology, goes with fake niceness. Normal strategy.
                                Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment