Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

There is no way to Win - the Left Just Enjoys Hating Trump too Much.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    It’s a way of looking at it that I have explained already. What you are doing is dissecting out a particular part of the story to suit your preferred narrative. There is a much wider context, including what has happened, over a long time, to some inner cities.
    Some white Republican guys went to help clean up a city that had been allowed to sink into filth by Democrats. The residents were grateful to finally get some help. Spin that, spittinkittin.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Some white Republican guys went to help clean up a city that had been allowed to sink into filth by Democrats. The residents were grateful to finally get some help.
      No wonder the left is angry about it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        And why grittykitty is trying so hard to spin this as a bad thing.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Some white Republican guys went to help clean up a city that had been allowed to sink into filth by Democrats. The residents were grateful to finally get some help. Spin that, spittinkittin.
          I can see that we will have to look at this matter in more detail.

In the meantime I am having a little trouble with flashing 12v led bulbs and I think I have not found one of the transformers yet. I will pray for assistance. Is it the bulb or the power supply?
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by dirtfloor View Post
            It’s a way of looking at it that I have explained already. What you are doing is dissecting out a particular part of the story to suit your preferred narrative. There is a much wider context, including what has happened, over a long time, to some inner cities.
            Those who see evil in good works really should take some time to examine their own hearts.
            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

I can see that we will have to look at this matter in more detail.
              Cause ya still haven't found the problem with some white guys coming to help clean up the liberals' mess, and the residents being grateful?

In the meantime I am having a little trouble with flashing 12v led bulbs and I think I have not found one of the transformers yet. I will pray for assistance. Is it the bulb or the power supply?
              Probably, yes.

Comment

Cause ya still haven't found the problem with some white guys coming to help clean up the liberals' mess, and the residents being grateful?
                that’s not the bit I have a problem with, as already confirmed.

Probably, yes.
                I knew I could count on you.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

that’s not the bit I have a problem with, as already confirmed.
                  It's your extreme bias, my friend. White Republican guys went to help out a bunch of people who had been abandoned by their Democrat plantation managers. The Democrat plantation managers are outraged -- "how DARE somebody come and actually help OUR people instead of giving them empty promises!

Comment

It's your extreme bias, my friend. White Republican guys went to help out a bunch of people who had been abandoned by their Democrat plantation managers. The Democrat plantation managers are outraged -- "how DARE somebody come and actually help OUR people instead of giving them empty promises!
                    I understand that Baltimore was portrayed in a TV drama called The Wire. Clearly, the problems there are very ingrained and difficult to tackle. Do you think it reasonable that Cummings is blamed for that? It must be obvious that whatever policies are being pursued there, they do not work. I’m reading up on it.

Comment

You will recall that this started because Rep, Elijah Cummings was critical of the inhumane conditions under which prisoners where being held in the concentration camps at the southern border, to which, Trump argued that Baltimore was even worse while calling Cummings a brutal bully.

So Presler, goes Goebbels mode, very cleverly, to move the focus of attention.
                      You just accused the government of running concentration camps and yet still want gun control?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I understand that Baltimore was portrayed in a TV drama called The Wire. Clearly, the problems there are very ingrained and difficult to tackle. Do you think it reasonable that Cummings is blamed for that? It must be obvious that whatever policies are being pursued there, they do not work. I’m reading up on it.
                        Skip the TV Drama - there's plenty of jackass REAL LIFE drama coming from the liberals in Baltimore, who have run that place for OVER FIFTY YEARS. This has happened on their watch.

Democrats have failed Baltimore — and Maryland

As of this writing, more than 200 people have been murdered in the city of Baltimore so far this year. Mayor Catherine Pugh, who until recently seemed primarily focused on finding out why the police were working so much overtime, waited for months to unveil a crime strategy. Attorney General Brian Frosh, whose office has a charter to target organized crime like the heroin smuggling networks turning Baltimore into a shooting gallery, is busy suing President Trump. Our senior United States Senator, Ben Cardin, who is from Baltimore, is busy with a social media blitz designed to find somebody else to blame for the fact that the FBI is not moving to Prince George's County.

In short, the Democratic Party, at every level — local, state and federal — remains completely ineffectual and continues to fail the people of Baltimore at every turn. This is no new development. That fact is that the Democratic Party has failed Baltimore and every other major American city for the last 50 years. What were once the shining examples of American progress have become abandoned shells inhabited primarily by those who do not have the means to move elsewhere.

Baltimore was once one of the great industrial cities of America, home to steel mills, shipyards and factories. Workers from all over the planet came to make their future.

Those days are long gone. Baltimore is on any given day the homicide capital of the United States in terms of murders per capita. Life expectancy in much of West Baltimore is on a par with that of North Korea. The unemployment rate among young black men is close to 40 percent.

Children as young as 3 are diagnosed with PTSD because of the constant violence that surrounds them. Thousands of homes sit vacant.

Baltimore's schools are an abject failure. Thirty percent of Baltimore's students never graduate high school. Twenty-one percent of Baltimore's students test as proficient in English, less than 20 percent as proficient in math.

All of this despite 50 years of the so-called war on poverty and Democratic rule in the city. All of this despite the fact that Maryland spends more per student on education in Baltimore City than in any other jurisdiction in the state. All of this despite the fact that the Democratic Party has held a virtual monopoly on elected office in Maryland for decades. The General Assembly is overwhelmingly Democratic. Seven of the eight Congressmen from Maryland are Democrats. Both sitting U.S. Senators are Democrats....

Have you seen some of the idiot jackass statements coming from the leadership of Baltimore?

Like the moronic.... Baltimore Mayor: ‘Gave Those Who Wished to Destroy Space to Do That

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — After days of peaceful protests in honor of the 25-year-old black West Baltimore man who died in police custody on April 19, demonstrations took a violent turn in Baltimore Saturday.

Baltimore Mayor Stephanie Rawlings-Blake held a press conference Saturday alongside community and religious leaders and asked for peace as hundreds marched in Baltimore in honor of Freddie Gray.

But when one reporter asked to comment on how Baltimore police responded to the protestors she said she instructed officers to allow protestors to express themselves and that “we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well.”

Here’s her full comment:

“I made it very clear that I work with the police and instructed them to do everything that they could to make sure that the protesters were able to exercise their right to free speech,” Rawlings-Blake said. “It’s a very delicate balancing act. Because while we try to make sure that they were protected from the cars and other things that were going on, we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well. And we worked very hard to keep that balance and to put ourselves in the best position to de-escalate.”

I'm interested to see you spin this jackassery as totally understandable.

And that's just ONE example of the morons running Baltimore!

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          yeah because they are proving what liars those on left are.
                          Last edited by RumTumTugger; 08-11-2019, 03:41 PM.

Comment

It's your extreme bias blinding hatred, my friend. White Republican guys went to help out a bunch of people who had been abandoned by their Democrat plantation managers. The Democrat plantation managers are outraged -- "how DARE somebody come and actually help OUR people instead of giving them empty promises!
                            FIFY n/c

Comment

Scott Presler gets a video of residents of West Baltimore thanking Mr. Trump for bringing attention to their neighborhood.
                              Interesting and familiar fascist propaganda video, is what it is. The propaganda and not the temporary clean-up is the object of the exercise.

The mess will be back shortly.

Can a hundred volunteers clean up a city? No way.
                              Sounds kinda racist.
                              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

You attacked Teal when she was nothing but polite to you personally in this thread. NorrinRad was kind of harsh, but he made one post. ...
                                FTR, I have given up on reading anything the member with the compound Trek name posts. I believe that post to which I reacted was the only one I've read since his hiatus, and I only read it to see if his symptoms had improved. I don't know or care what his reaction was to my remarks.
                                Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment