Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

What is my role?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is my role?

What is my role in the body of Christ? What am I to do in my walk? I honestly do not know.
    sigpic

Originally posted by TheWall View Post
    What is my role in the body of Christ? What am I to do in my walk? I honestly do not know.
    Don't feel like your alone there.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

The best and most profound piece of advice I think I've gotten in the recent past is: Do the next right thing.
        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
          The best and most profound piece of advice I think I've gotten in the recent past is: Do the next right thing.
          Where did you get that? It's so clear you could give it to an optometrist.
          sigpic

Comment

Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength... and love your neighbor as yourself. Everything else rests on those.
            That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I think our roles primarily develop naturally. This doesn't mean they automatically mature but rather that our roles emerge out of our personality and interests. It seems that such talents are what Paul calls gifts -- gifts that are to be shared with the rest of the body.

Some people have a talent for organizing groups for good works. Others have an interest in seeking the best understanding of scriptures and teaching that to people. A number of people excel in evangelism.

So, pay some attention toward helping other Christians as you find opportunity but also don't worry how your talents will mature. You may try some paths and find they don't fit. It is all part of life.

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...voice-god.html

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  Don't feel like your alone there.

resisting..........
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Obedience.

Do the things we are clearly told to do.
                    Don't do the things we are clearly told not to do.

Work on those, and the other areas will begin to take care of themselves.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Where did you get that? It's so clear you could give it to an optometrist.
                      Some older Christian guys that I know--in their 60's. I like it--it's a solid, very practical piece of advice.
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        Kinda reminds me of Commissioner Reagan on Blue Bloods --- "It's not what you've done - it's what you do next".

Comment

A good friend of mine paraphrases Matthew 28:19, 20 (19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[b]
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment