Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump Derangement Is Destroying Political Analysis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
    I'll take a stab at it: Bad Orange Man made noble Christlike ambassadorette cry.
    Did she ever actually cry? There were a number of times she appeared to be depressed, but I don't think she actually cried.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
      I'm not sure that 100 percent of Republicans are ACTUALLY against impeachment. I tend to think that the votes might look a lot different if someone was able to go against the party ideas without being threatened into oblivion. A good example of a Republican senator whose pretty well hated is Mitt Romney. Basically he's had many many accusations thrown at him and frankly it's horrible. The only real reason I can see for him being hated so much by the Republican Party is that he doesn't like Donald Trump.
      If Mitt Romney fought Obama and the Democrats as hard as he's fought Trump, he'd be in his second term as president right now.
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        The entire story that the Abassador laid out before you, CP.
        Evasion duly noted.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Did she ever actually cry? There were a number of times she appeared to be depressed, but I don't think she actually cried.
          The panelists on last Sunday's Meet the Press will be disappointed.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• True story....

Years ago, there was a youth evangelist who was making the rounds, and he was speaking at First Baptist Church, Tyler.

He was introduced as the guest preacher, took the podium, and just stood there looking at the 350 young people gathered there to hear the Word. He became overwhelmed, looked at his Bible, and just started crying. Never said a word, just stood there with tears running down his face, and weeping. Kids started coming forward and kneeling at the altar, 121 gave their lives to Christ, and at least 3 dozen rededications. The rest of the service turned into a testimony meeting, no sermon at all.

From then on, we'd see him at a youth camp or rally, and ask, "David, can you please come and cry at my Church?"
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

True story....

Years ago, there was a youth evangelist who was making the rounds, and he was speaking at First Baptist Church, Tyler.

He was introduced as the guest preacher, took the podium, and just stood there looking at the 350 young people gathered there to hear the Word. He became overwhelmed, looked at his Bible, and just started crying. Never said a word, just stood there with tears running down his face, and weeping. Kids started coming forward and kneeling at the altar, 121 gave their lives to Christ, and at least 3 dozen rededications. The rest of the service turned into a testimony meeting, no sermon at all.

From then on, we'd see him at a youth camp or rally, and ask, "David, can you please come and cry at my Church?"

That was about you, wasn't it?
              ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

• Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                That was about you, wasn't it?

Comment

My understanding is that she was tearful in the rehearsal and coaching sessions in the basement.
                  Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
                    My understanding is that she was tearful in the rehearsal and coaching sessions in the basement.
                    And Democrats were really hoping for a repeat performance because they thought it would make for good TV.
                    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Interesting observation from Politico

Unlike any previous impeachment, we were all able to follow along with the inquiry as it unfolded and witnesses revealed new information. Second, never before, two of the experts pointed out, has an impeachment turned directly on matters of national security. By any normal standard that should strip the domestic politics out of the proceedings—except, as another historian pointed out, the Republicans in Congress have chosen to act as his legal defense rather than as serious fact-finders about his conduct, which is another historical outlier.
                      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

• Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
                        Interesting observation from Politico
                        The first point is fact, the second is just opinion.

Another fact I'd add is the unprecedented divide we're seeing between the parties, something probably not seen since the civil war.

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          Not just opinion, inversion. Watch out for the inversions, they reveal what the reality is: the democrats are acting as prosecutors rather than fact-finders.

Another fact I'd add is the unprecedented divide we're seeing between the parties, something probably not seen since the civil war.
                          Only because Trump wrested control of the Republican party, otherwise the neocon establishments would still be in control, and extremely tight with the neoliberals.
                          Remember that you are dust and to dust you shall return.

Comment

And, citing that divide, Nancy had said impeachment was a bad idea unless it was very necessary and very bipartisan.

Comment

Er, no, the first point is wrong - the Clinton impeachment was way too public... considering its X rating...
                              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

And, citing that divide, Nancy had said impeachment was a bad idea unless it was very necessary and very bipartisan.
                                And it is very necessary, and in the end will need be bipartisan. Nixon wasn't bipartisan until they realized in the end that they had no choice but to advise Nixon to resign if he didn't want to be convicted.

Comment